PDA

View Full Version : New DJ Playout (On Its Way)

Twinspin
06-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Over the last week ive been having problems with my denon hd2500. When i was doing a soundcheck before everyone arrived i switched the denon on and the screen all the text was scrambled and i couldnt use it. So i used my backup twin cd player and my cds and a big thanks goes out to Peter for bringing along a laptop also with Virtual DJ on.

I am using the latest version of firmware on the machine which is V1400 and also the latest version of the denon music manager. I checked this.

My new playout kit is on order and will arrive on tuesday. I have gone for the denon mc6000. I will be going for Virtual DJ 7 to run with this

I may be needing some advice on setup on tuesday if anyone would be kind enough to guide me through it. It would be much appreciated. Im completely new to using a laptop for discoing. So i need to get the laptop setup to run smoothly as well.

Thanks

John

Excalibur
06-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Over the last week ive been having problems with my denon hd2500.

Last week? Last week? Three months ago, and earlier if I remember right. ;)

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33501&highlight=denon

Twinspin
06-08-2011, 03:04 PM
That was just the internal hardisk not working properly. Its still not working properly. But i could still use it on the external hardisk. But it was the unit crashing on the external a week ago during a sound check a week ago which has been my decision to get a different playout which is more reliable.

Excalibur
06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
We are presently testing the water, by using the ailing 2500 as a midi controller. John is demonstrating the system to me.

Suddenly, 7" vinyl is looking attractive again! :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

chrisj
07-08-2011, 12:18 AM
CD for me every time, no problems until the laser needs changing.

Booche
07-08-2011, 12:26 AM
CD for me every time, no problems until the laser needs changing.

Or the disc jumps or someone bangs and it skips or you havent got the certain track etc etc ;)

yourdj
07-08-2011, 12:53 AM
CD for me every time

I met someone the other day who said that. He was cursing digital system like a mad man. :p

I did not argue with him although I did thinnk I bet he was in my shoes when he rocked up too a gig with CDJ'S 10 years ago and a vinyl DJ was playing with him. :p Times change I suppose, this bloke was a proper plonker ;)

Its all touch screen next. I suppose MP3 will be improved or superseded soon as itunes are still selling tracks at 150 bit rates :eek:

Twinspin
07-08-2011, 12:59 AM
I used cds for a while. I have a twin cd player as part of the console. My trusty Denon DN-D4000 ive had it about 8 years now and what a good workhorse its been never had any problems with it.

I cant say the same for the hd2500 though. But we'll see what the MC6000 is like. Should work well with Virtual DJ 7.

I setup the hd2500 as a midi controller with my sony laptop. It works well..... The unit worked well

STEVE HANLEY
07-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Hope everything works out for you John. Switching to digital filled me with dread, but it's the best thing I ever did.

The thought of going back to cd's.............I think I'd jack it all in;)

simonp
07-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Its all touch screen next. I suppose MP3 will be improved or superseded soon as itunes are still selling tracks at 150 bit rates :eek:

Currently in the process of testing out the stability of using my ipad 2 as a touch screen controller, using the TouchOSC editor and then switching between a customised MIDI Fighter template (DJTechTools) and another template to control TP2 on the macbook pro. I know a DJ who does this with Serato and it's quite stable.

mattydinx
07-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I suppose MP3 will be improved or superseded soon as itunes are still selling tracks at 150 bit rates :eek:

iTunes standard format is 256kbps ACC - about the same as 320kbps MP3 ;-)

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Currently in the process of testing out the stability of using my ipad 2 as a touch screen controller, using the TouchOSC editor and then switching between a customised MIDI Fighter template (DJTechTools) and another template to control TP2 on the macbook pro. I know a DJ who does this with Serato and it's quite stable.

That sounds complicated...

Can't you just use DJay? :p

STEVE HANLEY
07-08-2011, 12:37 PM

Pretty certain you meant to put the words :Censored: me as the start of that sentence Darren:D :D :D

simonp
07-08-2011, 11:03 PM

I did actually try Daz, using DJay on the MacBook and DJay Remote on the iPad, but it wasn't having it, even using an ad-hoc network. As you know I use different software (and I am actually liking the new serato itch 2.0), I'm a traktor monster at heart, so really want this to work out.

Pretty certain you meant to put the words :Censored: me as the start of that sentence Darren:D :D :D
Knowing Daz, he probably did Steve :lol:

Twinspin
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Parcel for Mr Twinspin.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/281999_10150256227640957_512570956_7974462_2380176 _n.jpg

Just need to open it now.

hammy
08-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Parcel for Mr Twinspin.

Just need to open it now.

Yoy are gonna love it ;)

WWDJ
08-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I did actually try Daz, using DJay on the MacBook and DJay Remote on the iPad, but it wasn't having it, even using an ad-hoc network. As you know I use different software (and I am actually liking the new serato itch 2.0), I'm a traktor monster at heart, so really want this to work out.

Knowing Daz, he probably did Steve :lol:

Watching this closely. Simon, PM me if you want to talk IPad / Traktor geekery, because I would like to get this going maybe to lay samples / x/y effects etc.

I reckon we have pretty much the same setup albeit you have a slightly bigger one than me ... Macbook that is! :D