PDA

View Full Version : Esi Gigaport AG Problem

GrahamH
17-09-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has had a similar problem.

Towards the end of tonights gig i found myself having to turn the gain up on my mixer to actually hear anything out of channels 1 and 2. It got to the stage where the last song of the evening started to play i had the gain up full and had to turn up the volume as well to compensate.
To me it seems that channel 1 and 2 are failing. Will try them again tomorrow and will change channels to 5 and 6 as well as 7 and 8 to see if that helps.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had a similar problem.
Gigaport is about 6 months old connected to my laptop.

abyssdjhire
17-09-2006, 12:44 AM
what software are you using mate?

GrahamH
17-09-2006, 12:48 AM
forgot to mention that...Win xp with sp2 and PCDJ FX

abyssdjhire
17-09-2006, 12:56 AM
i would guess at a software problem with pcdj. i cant see the outputs failing in that manner - they would 99% likely be either on or off. try disabling auto gain in pcdj.

also make sure that you have the gain structure for your entire system set correctly

GrahamH
17-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm going to test this afternoon, but surely if it was a software problem it would also affect channels 3 and 4.
Channels 3 and 4 run fine and have no issues which is why i thought it was channels 1 and 2 failing. will post findings later

colinm345
17-09-2006, 12:33 PM
It still sounds like a software problem

GrahamH
17-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Right here goes...

Set up rig as per normal. Played the same song that i played last night using channels 1 and 2 on giga. Green lights flashing very feint sound coming thru with gain turned right up and having to us volume higher than normal to hear the song.Same song played in player 2 using channels 3 and 4 gain turned down on mixer and also having to turn volume down.
Changed config so that player 1 now uses channels 5 and 6 and player 2 channels 7 and 8.
Using same song carried out above tests again. Normal service resumes. Gain had to be turned down to what i normally use and also volume back to near normal and same as for player 2.

Any suggestions??

GrahamH
17-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Anyone else have some input??

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Strange one that Graham.

Can I suggest you post your problem here http://www.pcdj.co.uk/forums/

Good luck!

Thames Valley Discos
17-09-2006, 10:41 PM
sounds like a dodgy card to me

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-09-2006, 10:43 PM
sounds like a dodgy card to me

Wasn't one you sold was it Paul? :teeth:

GrahamH
20-09-2006, 07:15 PM
After posting on the PCDJ forum the problem is now solved :embarasse

NOTE TO SELF

"Always check the master volume on the laptop and not just assume that it is set to MAX"

Set it all up again tonight after a reply on PCDJ forum which rung a few bells. On checking, laptop volume was set to below half hence why it was very quiet. Tried the same song again and this time was what it should have been like on saturday night.
Live and learn by your mistakes and i won't be making that one again :mad:

cheers for the help