PDA

View Full Version : Speakers

Ricesnaps
17-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Odd ask, but honestly it's DJ related - Have just found my old Blaupunks radio cassette from last but one car - great unit. Need to fit to my van and as a music loving DJ who need quality sounds while driving home late at night (and not lods of earshattering bass), what make of speakers should I be looking fro to go with my head unit - don't have a fortune to spend and will probably be purchasing from ebay....

Also need the electric connection for this unit - any ideas where I can get one of those?

Excalibur
17-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Odd ask, but honestly it's DJ related - Have just found my old Blaupunks radio cassette from last but one car - great unit. Need to fit to my van and as a music loving DJ who need quality sounds while driving home late at night (and not lods of earshattering bass), what make of speakers should I be looking fro to go with my head unit - don't have a fortune to spend and will probably be purchasing from ebay....

Also need the electric connection for this unit - any ideas where I can get one of those?

Halfords is pretty good for connectors, and not bad range of speakers.

edwin
17-09-2006, 09:40 PM
JBL do some really nicely balanced car speakers. The sound is very even across all frequencies, and they sound good even at quiet volumes (which some cheaper speakers just sound tinny at) and obviously they can go loud as well.

dj_ags
17-09-2006, 10:17 PM
You could always get yourself a couple of 6x9" speakers and fix them to your parcel shelf, and power them using an amplifier, all wired in using a wiring kit available from Halfords.

Some car amplifiers even have cross-overs built into them so you can power a subwoofer, as well as 6x9" speakers :cool:

Ricesnaps
17-09-2006, 10:29 PM
You could always get yourself a couple of 6x9" speakers and fix them to your parcel shelf, and power them using an amplifier, all wired in using a wiring kit available from Halfords.

Some car amplifiers even have cross-overs built into them so you can power a subwoofer, as well as 6x9" speakers :cool:
My van doesn't have a parcel shelf :sad:

Just a nice pair of door mount will be fine - seen some JBL on ebay, so might go down that route

dj_ags
17-09-2006, 10:39 PM

Just a nice pair of door mount will be fine - seen some JBL on ebay, so might go down that route

I should have read it properly, the speakers are for your van and not the car as i originally thought :embarasse

You don't exactly want 6x9" speakers, powered by an amp installed in a van do you. Would be a bit strange, so i agree with your suggestion of door mounted speakers :)

JBL, Pioneer, Alpine and Kenwood do some fantastic door mounted speakers. I'd probably opt for either a pair of 10cm speakers, or a pair of 13cm speakers as these would be suffice for a door mounting :)

I'll give you the link to Halfords' In-Car Audio section.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_cate goryId_31396_langId_-1_topCategoryId_31265_parentcategoryrn_31371_crumb _31265-31371_topcategory_31371

Ricesnaps
17-09-2006, 10:42 PM
How about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220028167907&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

dj_ags
17-09-2006, 10:46 PM
How about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220028167907&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Yep, they look good value for money, and would be suffice IMO for door mounting :)

Good luck with it matey :beer: :teeth:

abyssdjhire
18-09-2006, 01:51 AM

nor does our land rover... make something. simple as that... and you dont need an amp to power 6x9s

Corabar Steve
18-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Stick the sub under the seat :teeth:

abyssdjhire
18-09-2006, 01:37 PM
dunno who that was pointed to, im assuming it was towards rice... but i'm fitting a pair of 12" subs in the back when i can be arsed

DMX Will
18-09-2006, 01:49 PM
nor does our land rover... make something. simple as that... and you dont need an amp to power 6x9s

Nice gaffa job :D

Keri
19-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Nice gaffa job :D

LOL yer, wont see it when its carpeted over jsut havn't got round to doing it yet..... Inside gets soaked anyway lol