PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 - Live Mail

Megamix
16-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm new to Windows 7 and didn't realise live mail had replaced the Vista Mail - I'm finding it very slow, cumbersome and quite frankly a nightmare - it's fior my wife's work PC and I don't think she is gonna like the change.

Anyone else moved over to live mail - I'm finding it unworkable?

discomobiledj
16-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Live mail as in Hotmail?

You could always install Thunderbird

Shaun
16-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Live mail as in Hotmail?

You could always install Thunderbird

Live mail isn't hotmail. Live mail is the replacement for outlook express.

I'm also having a few issues with live mail. I've no idea why in gods name they've done away with outlook express. at first I thought live mail was ok, but the longer I use it the more issues I have with it.

I'm definitely looking for an alternative at the moment.

BeerFunk
16-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Best option is MS Office Outlook, which I believe still ships with MS Office, although there's no need to get the latest version IMO.

Megamix
16-08-2011, 08:31 PM
yeah I think I'm gonna ditch live mail - a nice simple mail client needed, thunderbird, outlook or similar - couldn't believe live mail was so slow - looks attractive but seems bloated.

DazzyD
17-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Live mail isn't hotmail. Live mail is the replacement for outlook express.

I'm also having a few issues with live mail. I've no idea why in gods name they've done away with outlook express. at first I thought live mail was ok, but the longer I use it the more issues I have with it.

I'm definitely looking for an alternative at the moment.

I started using Live Mail when I got my previous laptop and I did think it was ok at first. I got it setup the way I wanted it to run but then my laptop died and I tried to use it on my new Windows 7. Well, put it this way, I now use Thunderbird!!

DeckstarDeluxe
17-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I've used live mail for ages (in fact I'm pretty sure I used it when I had vista) and never had an issue. Works perfectly for me.

Megamix
17-08-2011, 04:04 PM
mind you 6000 messages being pulled in didn't help!

DeckstarDeluxe
17-08-2011, 04:36 PM
As I said I've used Mail since I can remember and I have loads of emails on there (never delete anything just incase). Not sure on numbers but would expect 1k+. Maybe that is where the issue is having imported so many?

I know it prompts every few days offering to do something to free up disk space (can't remember the wording but pretty sure its not deleting them).

I use two different accounts on there and it works really well for me.

DazzyD
18-08-2011, 01:53 PM
As I said I've used Mail since I can remember and I have loads of emails on there (never delete anything just incase). Not sure on numbers but would expect 1k+. Maybe that is where the issue is having imported so many?

I know it prompts every few days offering to do something to free up disk space (can't remember the wording but pretty sure its not deleting them).

I use two different accounts on there and it works really well for me.

Archiving?

DeckstarDeluxe
18-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Thats the one! :D