PDA

View Full Version : Smaller Weddings are on the up!

leelive
25-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I ran a poll on a Scottish Wedding Chat Forum...

Here is the question and answer.

I have been really lucky and unlike quite a few business have not yet seen any slow-down in business. It has steadily increased every year.
One thing I have noticed though, is the number of smaller weddings. So much so that I have now put together a cheaper smaller system to meet the demand.
I have worked out that 10% of my bookings are now for smaller weddings. But what about others?
How many Guests (approx) have you invited to your Evening Reception?
Less than: 60;120;240;360;480? or higher?
http://www.scottishweddingdirectory.co.uk/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=19

I conclude that Small Wedding are on the increase
Any one else put together a small system for smaller weddings?

Lee

Shaun
25-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Any one else put together a small system for smaller weddings?

Lee

Doesn't really make a difference to my setup if I'm honest. The only difference being I'll leave the subs in the van for small venues with a small amount of guests. My lighting is pretty much minimal most of the time anyway.

DJ Paulie
25-08-2011, 09:46 AM
The weddings I've done here have been very small. One I did had about 50 for the meal but only one table for the disco ! Basically bride, groom, best man, mum & dad & couple others ! Another had booked for 50 but 18 turned up & 10 left at 11pm ! Still good nights though more 'intimate' lol

Larry B Entertainment
25-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Doesn't really make a difference to my setup if I'm honest. The only difference being I'll leave the subs in the van for small venues with a small amount of guests. My lighting is pretty much minimal most of the time anyway.

From looking at the gallery pictures these days its looks that way for a lot of people on here. I dont think Spirits High could get a more down sized lighting rig. He could maybe use 2 pars instead of 4 :)

Jonny Boy
25-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Are you coming to this from a "save client money" or "save me time" p.o.v.?

Either way I don't think you need another "system" TBH Lee. Streamline what you've got, and offer to tailor down according to budget, if needed. You provide the same quality of service/performance for 30 or 300 guests right? You're note selling the gear - you're selling you, right?

That said, I did invest in a small 300W portable passport-stylee system earlier this year. It has its limitation but has paid for itself 3x over already.

Only Behringer EPA300 but does the job for ceremony/cocktail hour levels - it's 'OK'. BOSE L1 or compact would be nicer, but I'd still be paying for that.
The EPA is underpowered for evening parties - even when I used in a room with 30 max dancing capacity. (Would have been just about ok if only music thru it tho' - but i was belting out Rock covers by the end!)

TBH I think your new PA looks lovely, slim and steamlined anyway, Lee, which is half the battle. Can you not use only the tops on tripods to slim down more?
Another idea might be for you to reduce to a smaller booth?

leelive
25-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Are you coming to this from a "save client money" or "save me time" p.o.v.?

Both.

Lee