PDA

View Full Version : 1U Mixer

UltraBeat Entertainment
30-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey all,

I dout many of you guys remember me so I'll get straight to the point.

I'm looking for a 1U (Must be only 1U) mixer, cheaper the better:) audio mixer. All I'm after is the very basic's. 2 channels and a fader (and a mic would be good). New or Second hand and needs to be 19" rack mountable.

Cheers

WWDJ
30-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Cortex do one. The Mix R1U. I have one and it is ok for the basics, I just found it a bit cramped and the lack of upfaders threw me, so I use it for backup only.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I dout many of you guys remember me

I do - where have you been? :D

UltraBeat Entertainment
31-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Cortex do one. The Mix R1U. I have one and it is ok for the basics, I just found it a bit cramped and the lack of upfaders threw me, so I use it for backup only.

Thanks for the info :)

I do - where have you been? :D

Now there's a friendly face I remember:D .

Well in short I had to choose between a decent full time job or part time work and DJing. As you've probably guessed I went with the full time job.

I decided to stop taking bookings back in January and my last gig was back in May. Sadly it got to the point were I was working full time Monday to Friday then DJing Friday, Saturday and Sunday and just wasn't getting any time for myself, my family or my other half so something had to give.

I've sold part's of my rig off but kept just enough, just in case I ever get the chance to return to DJing

Although I'm not DJing any more I do like to keep checking back here once in a while as I remember how much I actually learnt from this forum.

DJ Tony McQue
31-08-2011, 11:10 PM
There is also the Formula Sound - The Shadow. Depending on what you want it for, the formula sound mixer makes the perfect backup mixer as wire your existing mixer into it. I had one which I serviced and sold on, cracking bit of kit.

Dynamic Entertainment
31-08-2011, 11:32 PM
There is also the Formula Sound - The Shadow. Depending on what you want it for, the formula sound mixer makes the perfect backup mixer as wire your existing mixer into it. I had one which I serviced and sold on, cracking bit of kit.

I agree, two of the clubs i play at have the Shadow wired in and it was a god send when some dozy bint spilled her drink over the mixer whilst trying to get my attention :mad: