PDA

View Full Version : Identity Theft - Discolola

Admin
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
You may recall that the forum was 'entertained' this week with a new member - Discolola.

We would like to announce that, although Paul Stewart and Discolola are are a person and company respectively, the person who signed up here was NOT the real Paul Stewart.

It was, in fact, someone trying to blacken Paul Stewart's name and company.

To avoid anyone getting the wrong idea in the future, all reference to Discolola (other than this post) has been removed from the forum.

Both we and Paul Stewart have a very good idea who it was (and when notes were compared, we had the same name!). However, we will not name them, so please do not ask us to.

In short, we are making this announcement so as to clear the name of Paul Stewart and Discolola, and to give everyone a 'heads up'. Please do not let anything you read on here bias any of you should you ever have any contact with the real person/company.

Thanks for your time.

Megamix
10-09-2011, 06:01 PM
must admit I thought the posts were most odd - think others smelt a rat too.

spin mobile disco
10-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I put it down to a forum troll i didnt realise it was a deliberate action to blacken someone name i cant believe someone would do that. Or I can if you know what I mean.
Please forward our apologies to the real Paul Stewart and we will take this as it was. A person trying to cause trouble in his name.

Ecstatic Events
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Some people have too much time on their hands x

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
x

:D

Ecstatic Events
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
:D

:D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
11-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I spotted that on your post earlier, Mike. Made me smile and I mentioned it to Steve - who also had a little chuckle. ;)

Ecstatic Events
11-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I spotted that on your post earlier, Mike. Made me smile and I mentioned it to Steve - who also had a little chuckle. ;)

I do try sometimes :)

Alchemy
11-09-2011, 06:07 PM
:( Suppose I'll have to take my cap off then

Dynamic Entertainment
12-09-2011, 11:13 PM
You may recall that the forum was 'entertained' this week with a new member - Discolola.

We would like to announce that, although Paul Stewart and Discolola are are a person and company respectively, the person who signed up here was NOT the real Paul Stewart.

It was, in fact, someone trying to blacken Paul Stewart's name and company.

To avoid anyone getting the wrong idea in the future, all reference to Discolola (other than this post) has been removed from the forum.

Both we and Paul Stewart have a very good idea who it was (and when notes were compared, we had the same name!). However, we will not name them, so please do not ask us to.

In short, we are making this announcement so as to clear the name of Paul Stewart and Discolola, and to give everyone a 'heads up'. Please do not let anything you read on here bias any of you should you ever have any contact with the real person/company.

Thanks for your time.

Just for info...youy missed one in the Proel Speaker Stands sale thread :)

Also, theres a few references to Discola in Baley Dee threads/posts :o

Corabar Entertainment
12-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Badly worded: Should have read that the member 'Discolola' no longer exists on the forum. ;)