PDA

View Full Version : Longest advanced booking?

yourdj
12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
how long is the longest advanced booking you have got :confused:

Just asking as I just got an enquiry for the middle of 2013. :p

Talk about planning. :eek:

hammy
12-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Took a booking for August next year is my most advanced

DeckstarDeluxe
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I had someone email me for April 2014 earlier this year.

yourdj
12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
I had someone email me for April 2014 earlier this year.

:eek:

I get most of mine for a year, but not allot more than that, unless its for NYE.

Took a booking for August next year is my most advanced

You live in Eastbourne that was probably for a funeral for a terminally ill pensioner :lol:
I used to live there so can take the P. It always used to be full of Scousers old people and chavs.

Ecstatic Events
12-09-2011, 11:49 AM
It always used to be full of Scousers old people and chavs.

So which category do/did you fit into then Toby :D :D :D

I've recently done a gig where I could of taken a booking for two years time? I wont really take bookings 12-18 months in advance, unless they are massive payers. I dont know whats round the corner, so cant really commit to a gig 18 months down the line :eek:

yourdj
12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
So which category do/did you fit into then Toby :D :D :D

I've recently done a gig where I could of taken a booking for two years time? I wont really take bookings 12-18 months in advance, unless they are massive payers. I dont know whats round the corner, so cant really commit to a gig 18 months down the line :eek:

i commit but let them know the rates may change.

I went to St Andrews (posh school) so "rich posh idiot" would probably suffice :p
Fat lot of good that did me - I am a mobile DJ with a £500 van :D
Got in quite a few punch ups so drunk hooligan too.

Never did like that school - did not fit it as i do not follow discipline when it make no sense?

Corabar Steve
12-09-2011, 12:03 PM
You live in Eastbourne that was probably for a funeral for a terminally ill pensioner :lol:
I used to live there so can take the P.
TBH I don't really think you can.

That comment was in incredibly bad taste Toby & not in the slightest bit funny.

12-09-2011, 12:05 PM
I've took a booking over the weekend for 31st Aug 2013.

WWDJ
12-09-2011, 12:22 PM

+1 and i'm not from or ever been to Eastbourne.

Can we add 'tactless' to your list of adjectives ? :D

OT: I have a booking for Aug 2012, so just over 12 months for me.

yourdj
12-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Yes sorry I was just going to put old person, but you cannot plan a funeral if you do not know when they will go :(

It is full of old people was my point.

just delete it. :)

Creature
12-09-2011, 02:06 PM
have confirmed bookings as far as 2020 - but again no prices given

DazzyD
12-09-2011, 02:12 PM
2015 is Lightning's furthest booking.

But, to be fair, this is for my 40th so maybe doesn't count!! :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-09-2011, 02:19 PM
have confirmed bookings as far as 2020 - but again no prices given

How can you have confirmed bookings and no price - that doesn't really make sense!

Shakermaker Promotions
12-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I took a booking in early 2010 for late 2012. It's for a friend who wanted to make sure that they got me. Other than that, I agree with Mike. I usually do 12 months in advance, sometimes 18 months but nothing further than that.

NKR
12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I have two confirmed bookings for 2013, and they both have prices against them and deposits paid. Two singer DJ weddings. Book early to avoid dissapointment.

ppentertainments
12-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I have 2 bookings for 2013 - ironically the only 2 enquiries for 2013 :D :D

I plan my prices for 2 years in advance (ie I now know my prices for 2011,2012,2013). These do change but anyone who books in advance I honour the price quoted.

I don't think I would be comfortable taking bookings further in advance than this as it is hard to judge the financial climate that far in advance so any booking would have to be based on an estimate, subject to change.

Creature
13-09-2011, 03:10 AM
How can you have confirmed bookings and no price - that doesn't really make sense!

as most of my bookings are rebooks ( only get around 10-15% bookings new bookings from the phone/internet enquiries, so limited number of one off bookings) often get 5-10 year rolling contract were price is not agreed till year before. As These bookings are after me and not for a price. not an issue.

Also & most importantly booking fee for each booking is in me bank account :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-09-2011, 10:57 AM
as most of my bookings are rebooks ( only get around 10-15% bookings new bookings from the phone/internet enquiries, so limited number of one off bookings) often get 5-10 year rolling contract were price is not agreed till year before. As These bookings are after me and not for a price. not an issue.

Also & most importantly booking fee for each booking is in me bank account :)

You say that, but didn't you say that you had a really high percentage of bookings cancelled this year? Does that mean you take the booking fee as a cancellation charge?

It still seems a little bizarre to me though to take a booking without having quoted a price regardless of whether they wanted you or not.

Dynamic Entertainment
13-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I've took a booking over the weekend for 31st Aug 2013.

Ditto.... :)

Creature
13-09-2011, 04:50 PM
You say that, but didn't you say that you had a really high percentage of bookings cancelled this year? Does that mean you take the booking fee as a cancellation charge?

70% of cancellations were from new bookings 30% from rebooks from previous years.

In my Terms n conditions - booking fee is forfeit if bookie cancels. and is only refunded if I cancel the booking for any reason.

it works for me - but only due to the nature of the way most of my bookings are done. I do a lot of rally work and many of the organisors book me for 5 - 10 years in advance.

Davy
13-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Furthest I've taken was 3 years down the line. I did there engagement party and they wanted to book everything in advance.

Wedding is next june.

Great thing about DJEP is you don't need to try and find paper diaries that date years in advance.

Jason
13-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I have a 2013 booking. It took a while to work out what to quote TBH!
There are 2 years of uncertainty there, but in the end I went for a 10% increase on 2011 prices.

- Its fairly local (and outside the M25!) so any fuel increase is not going to impact the costs that much...

-Its a booking from another Wedding, and remember them from the party and they were good, happy guests - and friendly when they made a request.
-I have a booking fee.

They can cancel, they'll lose their booking fee. We have discussed venue issues ie closure (very doubtful there will be problems... but they raised the question).
The quote allows for a variation in venue location, but has limits on distance (before I'll need to charge for extra travelling).

but... I still get the odd one at very short notice.. Last month, I had a guy call who needed a DJ for his wedding in just under 2 weeks notice.
We met up, took full payment and all went well.