View Full Version : Bpm 2012

Pages : [1] 2

flatliners
04-10-2011, 11:19 PM
who's going

WWDJ
05-10-2011, 08:05 AM
who's going

Can I decide closer to the time? ... I might need to wash my hair or something :D

soundmaster mobile disco
05-10-2011, 08:16 AM
You can count alan and me in,we will be returning again next year.

DeckstarDeluxe
05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
give it time for our hangovers from BPM 11 to subside first Shaun!

Charlie Brown
05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

YES

Excalibur
05-10-2011, 09:34 AM

YES
NO!

:p :p

hammy
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
oh yes indeedy

Matty12
05-10-2011, 10:50 AM

YES

To right Yes!:) :D :p

DiscoMagic
05-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Oh yeah baby!

Will put it in my diary the second dates are released! :D

flatliners
05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I think i did this last year a who's going .
i will be there

Jiggles
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe. I dunno what things are gonna be like yet. XD

Excalibur
05-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Oh yeah baby!

Will put it in my diary the second dates are released! :D

Mystic Excalibur says it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it's the first weekend in October. ;)

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Ah, but next year is a confusing one: the 1st October is the Sunday, so will it be starting on 30th September, or the first FULL October weekend?

Cowlinn
05-10-2011, 05:29 PM
My guess is this..

the first FULL October weekend

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Got the email a short while go with dates for next year confirmed: Saturday 6th to Monday 8th October

Excalibur
06-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Mystic Excalibur says it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it's the first weekend in October. ;)

Ah, but next year is a confusing one: the 1st October is the Sunday, so will it be starting on 30th September, or the first FULL October weekend?
I'm so sorry to be pedantic, but by definition, If the Saturday is in September, then the weekend isn't in October.

Got the email a short while go with dates for next year confirmed: Saturday 6th to Monday 8th October

Well would you look at that! :p :D :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm so sorry to be pedantic, but by definition, If the Saturday is in September, then the weekend isn't in October. DWould have been more impressive if you'd replied BEFORE the dates came out, Peter. :p

Excalibur
06-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Would have been more impressive if you'd replied BEFORE the dates came out, Peter. :p

Which, as I thought I explained in my last post, I patently did. ;) Lord, but it's hard some days. :(

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Which, as I thought I explained in my last post, I patently did. ;) Lord, but it's hard some days. :(
In Peter-land? Yes, I can only imagine. :p :p :p :D

Alex
07-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Will defo be there

discomobiledj
07-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Depending on my work rota I'm going to try and go up there.

Maypole is £41.00 for the Sunday/Monday the previous weekend at the moment. Would be nice if it's a similar price the following weekend.

Paul The Party Dj
07-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I'll be there ~ DV

I'll keep an eye out for the Travelodge deals again - this year they were out in March - £20 total for a family room for two nights.

Excalibur
07-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Depending on my work rota I'm going to try and go up there.

Maypole is £41.00 for the Sunday/Monday the previous weekend at the moment. Would be nice if it's a similar price the following weekend.

There was a growing number this year asking why we don't stay nearer Brum centre, and avoid using taxis.

I have to say that personally, the Steak House ( Sizzler, to be exact, I think ) down the road colours my views more than a little. Excellent grub, low prices, and more than adequate portions.

The total taxi fares was about £7, which I find more than reasonable.

However, it would appear that our little after hours drinking club may have outgrown the Maypole, so in that respect, A hotel with a 24 hour residents bar might be preferable.

Let us see what the future brings, eh?

Edit: I have just had a look at the Travelodges in the centre of Brum, and not surprisingly, not only do they charge for car parking, it's not always suitable for vans, should anyone have gone there in the works vehicle. Maypole again for me, I reckon.

discomobiledj
07-10-2011, 09:02 AM
For a city centre hotel (which would possibly mean more establishments you could catch the train from Birmingham New Street to Birmingham International then it's about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the NEC

Corabar Steve
07-10-2011, 09:06 AM
That 10 - 15 minute walk took Angela 45 - 50 minutes 2 years ago. I'd be hard pushed to do it in 25 - 30

Do you actually know which end of the NEC BPM is from the station?

We do!

Excalibur
07-10-2011, 09:12 AM
That 10 - 15 minute walk took Angela 45 - 50 minutes 2 years ago. I'd be hard pushed to do it in 25 - 30

We do!

I fondly remember the year that everyone decided that staying at the hotel at the NEC was a stroke of genius. They all arrived in a state of exhaustion, because what they had been told was a gentle stroll, was in fact a route march!

And as I said above in my edit, the vehicle parking at the Mayole ( once you know that the car park is signed as belonging to the Subway sandwich shop :daft: ) is free, adequate, and suitable for 3.5T White Vans.

discomobiledj
07-10-2011, 09:25 AM

We do!

It said only a 10 - 15 minute walk on the Transport Direct site!

Corabar Steve
07-10-2011, 09:38 AM
It said only a 10 - 15 minute walk on the Transport Direct site!
To the NEC. Not hall 18 (or whichever one it's in), which is almost as far as you can get from the station without actually leaving the NEC again.

Charlie Brown
07-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Maypole again for me, I reckon.

My grandparent's don't like change either....:D :D :D :D

hammy
07-10-2011, 09:56 AM
The Maypole for me again

1: sizzler pub just down the road

2: free car park

3: reception is fine as the staff were fine about us being in there

4: split between us the taxi`s are cheap

Twinspin
07-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Probably be there again next year.... It was great this year. Next year my other dj friend Martin wants to come as well. When are we starting to book for next year

Its a shame the sainsburys on a sunday is only open till 4pm. It might be an idea to find a supermarket on the way back from BPM on the sunday to save extra booze and spirit runs in a cab.

Surely they will be an ASDA, Morrisons or Tescos open.

Excalibur
07-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Its a shame the sainsburys on a sunday is only open till 4pm to save extra booze and spirit runs in a cab.

Ahem. Some of us avoided this problem by buying in advance ( Alchemy even turned up with a pack of Cider, though I don't think he brought it from France ) and Charlie and Darren visited the offie on the way BACK to the Maypole, rather than make a scenic round trip at 2am. :p :D

Twinspin
07-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I wouldnt mind i didnt even buy any alcohol. I went with Steve Hanley to the offie he wanted some Vodka.

The cab trip there and back was funny though. There seemed to be an outbreak of uncontrolable laughter When Steve was ranting about the price of the cab... :D :D :D I bet the cab driver thought phew when we got out of the cab.

It was a great laugh though.

Alchemy
07-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Ahem. Some of us avoided this problem by buying in advance ( Alchemy even turned up with a pack of Cider, though I don't think he brought it from France ) and Charlie and Darren visited the offie on the way BACK to the Maypole, rather than make a scenic round trip at 2am. :p :D

I never travel anywhere without one :D

deltic
07-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I wouldnt mind i didnt even buy any alcohol. I went with Steve Hanley to the offie he wanted some Vodka.

The cab trip there and back was funny though. There seemed to be an outbreak of uncontrolable laughter When Steve was ranting about the price of the cab... :D :D :D I bet the cab driver thought phew when we got out of the cab.

It was a great laugh though.

cost me a fiver and i never went in the cab

DazzyD
07-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Probably be there again next year.... It was great this year. Next year my other dj friend Martin wants to come as well. When are we starting to book for next year

Its a shame the sainsburys on a sunday is only open till 4pm. It might be an idea to find a supermarket on the way back from BPM on the sunday to save extra booze and spirit runs in a cab.

Surely they will be an ASDA, Morrisons or Tescos open.

Where we found ourselves, there was a Tesco that was just closing. I think it was around about 10pm. It was in a straight line between the Crown Cavery we mistakenly went to and the Wetherspoons that we ended up at. Then again, I probably wouldn't trust my directions if I were you! :muppet:

Excalibur
07-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I never travel anywhere without one :D
Almost like the W C Fields quote:
" I never travel anywhere without a bottle of whisky, in case of a snake bite.

And a small snake". :D :D

cost me a fiver and i never went in the cab

Think yourself lucky. Steve's room cost twenty quid, and he never even saw that. :D :D :D :D :D :D

hammy
07-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, Did anyone come back from BPM with man-flu, My son and I did ;)

Corabar Entertainment
07-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Funny you should say that, Hammy, as I've been fighting something off for the last couple of days, and Steve's started snuffling now too.

Alchemy
07-10-2011, 03:12 PM
AaaaaaTcheeeeew

Me too :(

DeckstarDeluxe
07-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I woke up with a really bad head on Monday morning now you mention it Angela......

Corabar Entertainment
07-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Can't fathom why that would be, Neil. :p

Alex
07-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah... I'm suffering! Been sniffling and coughing!

But mainly.... sore throat!! Ouchhhyyy

Twinspin
07-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I was the same as well. but a sore throat. Its cleared now thankfully.

hammy
10-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Well mine has now turned into Bronchitis, Stopped smoking now

DazzyD
08-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I've been told by the ex that she doesn't want to go away on holiday with her and the kids this year (been split up over 2 years but she asked me to go away with them last year so I spend extra time with the kids) so I'm looking "extra-forward" to BPM this year. Dates are already on the site:

http://www.visitbpm.co.uk/

which pretty much backs up what everyone was expecting (and what Angela was advised of earlier - sorry, just noticed that post! :o ) - 6/7/8 October.

Only 271 days to go!!! :)

Shaun
08-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Darren. :beer1:

Excalibur
08-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Ah. Funny you should say that. ;) Technically, I reckon you were probably in the same location at some point, but you may not have had the chance to shake hands.

The lad turned up at BPM with his brother, said hello, and for some reason set off to the train station soon after. He was given instructions on how to find the Sizzler Pub, but sadly turned right instead of left on leaving the Travelodge! :( :( Looked for the rest of us all night, to no avail, turned up next morning in the Travelodge.

Next year, I'm fitting him with one of those collars they put on Ferrets, so I can locate him more easily. ;) :D :D

Shaun
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Ah. Funny you should say that. ;) Technically, I reckon you were probably in the same location at some point, but you may not have had the chance to shake hands.

The lad turned up at BPM with his brother, said hello, and for some reason set off to the train station soon after. He was given instructions on how to find the Sizzler Pub, but sadly turned right instead of left on leaving the Travelodge! :( :( Looked for the rest of us all night, to no avail, turned up next morning in the Travelodge.

Next year, I'm fitting him with one of those collars they put on Ferrets, so I can locate him more easily. ;) :D :D

LOL: I remember reading that story. :d

DazzyD
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Cheeky so and so! You met me last year at "base camp" at BPM (before the fiasco that Peter mentions!!). From the impression I got of you on here, I was expecting a really big fella so I was somewhat surprised!!! :p Mind you, I thought the same about Charlie!

This year, I'm looking at coming down on the Saturday so I don't need to arrive mid-afternoon on the Sunday like last year. I was feeling a little "unfresh" at BPM, so to speak, having been on an uncomfortable warm train for a couple of hours and then finding it really warm in the BPM room and bar area. I'd decided I was best of getting back to the hotel, having a shower then getting to know people better on the night time. However, as Peter points out, best laid plans and all that!! So, this year, it's BPM Take 2!!

DazzyD
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM

We did shake hands. It was either you or Steve who introduced us!

The lad turned up at BPM with his brother (who wasn't my brother but my ex's brother and my old roadie off a few years ago who was having a bit bother at home and needed a break and to let his hair down so he came down with me - he knows better now!! :eek: ), said hello, and for some reason set off to the train station soon after. He was given instructions on how to find the Sizzler Pub, but sadly turned right instead of left on leaving the Travelodge! :( :( Looked for the rest of us all night, to no avail, turned up next morning in the Travelodge.

Handheld SatNav - it's the future!! :D

Corabar Entertainment
08-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Handheld SatNav - it's the future!! :D

Alternatively, taking down the telephone numbers of other members that were proffered would have done some good :whistle:

DazzyD
08-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Alternatively, taking down the telephone numbers of other members that were proffered would have done some good :whistle:

Yes. Good advice!

:bowdown:

(although, me being a "blokey-bloke" it seemed so unneccessary at the time!! :o )

Get Me A DJ
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I know this thread is getting long in the tooth, but I was wondering if anyone knows when the hotels B&B's etc start discounting for that time of the month?
I know about the Maypole, but I was looking for something nearer to the NEC.
The cheapest I've found so far is £88.00 for 2 people for all of the show weekend (I'm going to visit some old friends in the Midlands so I'm stopping all weekend)

Anyone have any idea's? :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah, book the £88 Hotel!

You ain't going to get much cheaper than that for 2 nights for 2 people!

Alchemy
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah, book the £88 Hotel!

You ain't going to get much cheaper than that for 2 nights for 2 people!

Except for the Maypole ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Except for the Maypole ;)

Concentrate now Steven...:p

I know about the Maypole, but I was looking for something nearer to the NEC.

Alchemy
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Concentrate now Steven...:p

:whistle:

Lee
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Im sure I will be there some where lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM

If I invite you. :boxer2:

Charlie Brown
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
It would be nicer to be nearer Birmingham town centre so we can stay on for more drinks if required. I liked sitting in the reception but not all evening.

Corabar Entertainment
10-01-2012, 07:56 PM
It would be nicer to be nearer Birmingham town centre so we can stay on for more drinks if required. I liked sitting in the reception but not all evening.Don't know what you were doing there all evening, Charlie. The rest of us only went in to reception at about 1:30am (or shortly thereafter)

hammy
10-01-2012, 07:57 PM
It would be nicer to be nearer Birmingham town centre so we can stay on for more drinks if required. I liked sitting in the reception but not all evening.

Nothing wrong with the maypole, As long as the taxi stops for me to relieve on the way back. :D

Charlie Brown
10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Don't know what you were doing there all evening, Charlie. The rest of us only went in to reception at about 1:30am (or shortly thereafter)

You know what I mean, 1.30am-7.30am is a long time. :)

Nothing wrong with the maypole, As long as the taxi stops for me to relieve on the way back. :D

:lol:

That's another thing...trying to buy booze proved impossible!

Corabar Steve
10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Driving yourself this year then

Which is why most of us brought it with us. It had occured to those of us with more than one active brain cell that it was on a Sunday & therefore subject to restricted licencing laws.

Alchemy
10-01-2012, 09:50 PM

I seem to remember you were trying to buy a nice dry sherry though CB :D

Tom
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Gonna try and make it this year.

SC Events
10-01-2012, 11:02 PM

You spent most of the Monday in bed though lol! :P :D

Penfold42
11-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Which is why most of us brought it with us. It had occured to those of us with more than one active brain cell that it was on a Sunday & therefore subject to restricted licencing laws.

.......I will be there but only for the evening do. :beer1:

hammy
11-01-2012, 01:00 PM

.......I will be there but only for the evening do. :beer1:

I guess that will be at Reflex then :D

Shaun
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I guess that will be at Reflex then :D

It'd be nice to try a different venue for a change.

Corabar Steve
11-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Are you aware of the alternatives?

Bleak.

The good thing about Reflex is the vast majority of us agree on going. If we're thinking of going anywhere that involves "modern" music, I may well give it a miss.

We all know Reflex is naff, but that's the appeal. We'll never all agree on which other venue to go to, coz nobody will like all the options available. There will always be somebody who doesn't like what's playing in venue x or venue y.

The first year we went this resulted in various smaller groups going to various venues & not the glorious grand get together that is the MDD BPM meet up that we know & love.

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Let's go somewhere where there's chart music this year. :sj:

Corabar Steve
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Let's go somewhere where there's chart music this year. :sj: I'll find somewhere with guitars then thanks. :P

hammy
11-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Theres always that place on the corner which Shaun, Nel an I tried to get in which was closed :D :D :D :D :D

DeckstarDeluxe
11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I actually think Reflex is the best choice, who doesn't love the 80's.

As has been mentioned the other venues in Brum aren't particular appealing for a cross section of people like us and I think if we did avoid Reflex we would all split up into several smaller groups.

Corabar Steve
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM
I think if we did avoid Reflex we would all split up into several smaller groups.
Indeed, like after the NADJ show, the first year the MDD hit Brum. Some went one way, others went elsewhere & some just stayed where they ate.

It's much nicer to go out as a big group (even if the music is cheesy)

Charlie Brown
11-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Let's be honest Steve, you just want to perform another dirty dancing routine. :D

WWDJ
11-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I actually think Reflex is the best choice, who doesn't love the 80's.

As has been mentioned the other venues in Brum aren't particular appealing for a cross section of people like us and I think if we did avoid Reflex we would all split up into several smaller groups.

.... and you probably wouldn't be allowed in as a sizeable group either.

I really want to make it myself this year!

Corabar Entertainment
11-01-2012, 03:24 PM
...and, of course, it wouldn't be such a 'silly' night, either. Reflex has a tendency to bring out our daft sides
:daft: :daft: :daft: :daft: :daft:

Alchemy
11-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Let's go somewhere that plays music with a beat :p

Corabar Entertainment
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Let's go somewhere that plays music with a beat :p
I'll give you a beat if you're not careful :p

DeckstarDeluxe
11-01-2012, 04:45 PM
.... and you probably wouldn't be allowed in as a sizeable group either.

I really want to make it myself this year!

Ah but like the year just gone I had informed them ahead of time about us, why we are in a big group and we had no issues :)

DJ Frankie
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
I may make my first visit there this year.

Corabar Steve
11-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Ah but like the year just gone I had informed them ahead of time about us, why we are in a big group and we had no issues :)
I think he meant into other venues. Reflex obviously have no issues with us going there en-mass

Excalibur
11-01-2012, 05:25 PM

As Steve said, I find it difficult to visualise you without your chauffeur. ;)

I'm up for that.

Are you aware of the alternatives?
Oh yuss. And it's the same company as Reflex, but aimed more at the more discerning punter, the man of the world, the seasoned traveller, the cognoscenti, rather than ingenues and children. ;) ;)

Let's go somewhere where there's chart music this year. :sj:
:eek: :eek: Wash your mouth out with Soap, that man. :Naughty:

Get Me A DJ
11-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I'll find somewhere with guitars then thanks. :P

If you want ROCK! Steve. I know of a good place in Brum :D
It's been a few years since I went last time, but I'll have a look on-line and see if it's still trading.

Sorry Pete, with regards the change of venue, I can't recall any place in Brum where they play the quickstep, foxtrot or the tango :D

Alchemy
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I'll give you a beat if you're not careful :p

:banana: :evelgrin:

Excalibur
11-01-2012, 11:06 PM
...and, of course, it wouldn't be such a 'silly' night, either. Reflex has a tendency to bring out our daft sides
:daft: :daft: :daft: :daft: :daft:
Errr, I think you'll find that:

Alcohol has a tendency to bring out our daft sides.

I think he meant into other venues. Reflex obviously have no issues with us going there en-mass
I've never sen our trips to Reflex described as a religious experience before. :confused: ;) ;)

Unless you are referring to a group of folk en-masse religiously getting serious amounts of alcohol down their necks. ;) :D :D :D

hammy
28-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Well the dates have been announced, Its October 6th 2012.
So where are we staying????
What days are we going????

Oh I just saw post 15, but ho hum its a reminder

jamesh
28-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Broadstreet have a couple of.good travelodge... saves the expensive taxi ride after the big night out too :)

Corabar Steve
28-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Broadstreet have a couple of.good travelodge... saves the expensive taxi ride after the big night out too :)
takes us away from the pub we eat in though

Excalibur
28-01-2012, 06:18 PM

A cunnning plan, Baldrick. A large economic flaw in it is that according to Scott and others, the Broad Street Travelodge was uninhabitable last time they visited, and it's definitely much much dearer than adding the three quid each way taxi fare onto the cost of our usual venue.

But this pales into insignificance against Steve's argument below.

takes us away from the pub we eat in though

And that place is a find. The barmaid is a legend. Formidable, but a legend. Much hilarity ensued from twenty plus MDD members arriving virtually simultaneously, ordering food, and then getting the orders mixed up. This led to some folk on the same order receiving food at different times. If you weren't involved, and had worked out what happened, it was rather humorous, even to sober individuals. ;) ;)

soundmaster mobile disco
04-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Just been searching for hotel prices in birmingham......................it seems most are sold out\not availability or are very very pricey.

Makes me wonder why is this?

There must be some other events on also

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-02-2012, 04:28 PM
There was a Tory party conference on one year...

We nearly lost Toby as everyone thought he was an MP not a DJ...:sj:

Shaun
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I've just provided a quote for the Sunday so I may not be attending BPM. The downturn in bookings for me this year unfortunately means work comes first. :(

DeckstarDeluxe
04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
There was a Tory party conference on one year...

We nearly lost Toby as everyone thought he was an MP not a DJ...:sj:

I thought we nearly lost him because he caught his reflection in one of the shop windows...:daft:

hammy
04-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I thought we nearly lost him because he caught his reflection in one of the shop windows...:daft:

Isnt that more you Neil :D or was it Toby :p

Charlie Brown
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I've just provided a quote for the Sunday so I may not be attending BPM. The downturn in bookings for me this year unfortunately means work comes first. :(

Noooo!

That's rubbish. You've got to come. Reflex don't shift whiskey during the rest of the year, you make it there worthwhile for them!

WWDJ
07-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Noooo!

That's rubbish. You've got to come. Reflex don't shift whiskey during the rest of the year, you make it there worthwhile for them!

Haven't you got a kids party on that day? :sofa: :D

DeckstarDeluxe
07-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Haven't you got a kids party on that day? :sofa: :D

No hes got two......at the same time :D

flatliners
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Shaun this is unacceptable

Shaun
08-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Shaun this is unacceptable

Looks like the booking is going ahead. I'll have to miss your dancing this year. #gutted. :d

flatliners
08-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Looks like the booking is going ahead. I'll have to miss your dancing this year. #gutted. :d

Carn't you farm it out to someone

Shaun
08-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Not on this occasion.

The downturn in bookings for me this year unfortunately means work comes first. :(

There's always next year. :)

hammy
08-02-2012, 04:02 PM
After BPM we all go up to bonnie Scotland an gatecrash his gig :D :D

Excalibur
08-02-2012, 04:38 PM
After BPM we all go up to bonnie Scotland an gatecrash his gig :D :D

Excellent plan. We could "hire" a plane, cos we've got a driver, haven't we Scott? :D :D

Marc J
08-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Charlie's dilemma was which gig to get cover for...

As you're not going to get cover for the gig, Shaun, then I suggest you get cover for BPM instead :)

I'll gladly go in your place, as long as you provide the transport, accommodation and sustenance....and nipple tassels :D

Shaun
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM

As you're not going to get cover for the gig, Shaun, then I suggest you get cover for BPM instead :)

I'll gladly go in your place, as long as you provide the transport, accommodation and sustenance....and nipple tassels :D

The forum censor prevents me from posting a suitable reply. :d

Corabar Entertainment
08-02-2012, 05:55 PM

I'll gladly go in your place, as long as you provide the transport, accommodation and sustenance....and nipple tassels :DPMSL!

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

(Seriously though, Marc... you'd be most welcome if you did want to join us :D)

The forum censor prevents me from posting a suitable reply. :d

...in any event, it's ME who provides the nipple tassels :P

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Excalibur
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Shaun, I'm truly disappointed that you will not be gracing us with your presence. :( I thank you for giving me sufficient notice, so that I may now order one less boiler suit with padlockable zip. ;)

hammy
29-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I have to resurrect this thread due to time coming on quickly.

Have we decided where we are all staying yet??

Charlie Brown
29-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Wherever you're staying, I'll send you all a postcard. :D

soundmaster mobile disco
11-06-2012, 07:54 PM
As hammy said,have you any ideas on which hotel\area of birmingham that we will be staying in this year.?

The earlier you book the better discount you get!

im starting to look at booking somewhere central soon

DeckstarDeluxe
11-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah less than 4 months....

I'm just popping out now, anyone care to suggest a couple of locations. If we can find a few cheap hotels near each other then we'll all be together...... aaaaawwwwwww

Glenski
11-06-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm already booked up for BPM with tickets and hotel not far from venue :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-06-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm already booked up for BPM with tickets and hotel not far from venue :)

Not sure how you managed that - they aren't on sale yet!

Edit - it seems they are! I normally get an email informing me!

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Pah, I found the email which must have gone into my spam. Looks like I won't be getting my free gift for being in the first 100 people to buy tickets as I have the last 2 years.

Sarah
11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd like to go. I've had a look and £10 for all 3 days plus a £1.50 booking fee is a lot cheaper than I expected. Do you guys have a 'meet up' there then?

Danno13
11-06-2012, 09:00 PM
I'd like to go. I've had a look and £10 for all 3 days plus a £1.50 booking fee is a lot cheaper than I expected. Do you guys have a 'meet up' there then?

One or two of us have been known to have a quiet couple.. (http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/291796_293841563974652_80798706_n.jpg) :D

DazzyD
11-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Don't know about a "meet" up - more of a "booze" up!! There's a bar in the main hall where everybody meets. Just walk round the outside of the hall -you can't miss it (even I found that bit!!) :beer1:

Sarah
11-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Sounds right up my street. What do you do for digs then? The Holiday Inn Express looks a decent bet.

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Sounds right up my street. What do you do for digs then? The Holiday Inn Express looks a decent bet.

Far too expensive!

We normally all go in various Travelodges - not great, but then we aren't in them very long.

I think I paid £9 last year...

Excalibur
11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
One or two of us have been known to have a quiet couple.. (http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/291796_293841563974652_80798706_n.jpg) :D

Reprobates! :p Really, I despair. How long have I been warning of the evils of strong drink? *

Sarah, the BPM ticket is excellent value. The Social Event on Sunday night is "Educational". ;) We eventually see our beds late on Monday morning, and catch a few hours of shut eye. Speaking of eyes, don't let Darren take his shades off before noon the next day. Nobody should ever have to look at eyes like that while they're sitting down to a Full English.

At some point, the Hotel we're gracing with the honour of our custom will be publicised, and we'll all dive in to book rooms as cheaply as possible.

* About fifteen months, ever since I started on the tablets. :( :(

Sarah
11-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok, lol, thanks for that. Hoping to get down to stay over the Sunday and Monday nights. Will get me ticket and then keep checking in for update on the digs. Sounds a hoot!

Alchemy
11-06-2012, 10:14 PM
At some point, the Hotel we're gracing with the honour of our custom will be publicised, and we'll all dive in to book rooms as cheaply as possible.

Love it Pete, can't wait :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

STEVE HANLEY
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
[We eventually see our beds late on Monday morning]

Some of us. Not at all:D :D :D

Excalibur
11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Well since I'm fed up with the procrastination, and since the best available price has now risen from £12 to an astronomical £19, I've booked here.
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/445/Birmingham-Sheldon-hotel/parking-facilities

Five miles for, BPM, closer to Brum, has a Toby Carvery next door, and "Alcohol available".

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I think we stayed there the first year!

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-06-2012, 11:55 PM
OK, I'm in the same Hotel as Peter, so it's up to you if you want to book!

DeckstarDeluxe
11-06-2012, 11:59 PM
What date is it again? Just about to book now

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 12:00 AM

7th October.

DeckstarDeluxe
12-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Booked :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 12:33 AM

7th October.

Sorry, it's the week before - got the date wrong.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 12:35 AM
:sj:

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 09:56 AM
All booked..... but just for the record, it's NOT closer to Broad St than the Maypole: it's about a mile/mile and a half further away.

hammy
12-06-2012, 10:12 AM
All booked :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 10:41 AM
All booked..... but just for the record, it's NOT closer to Broad St than the Maypole: it's about a mile/mile and a half further away.

Peter can pay the extra for the taxis then. :D

Sarah
12-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm booked too. Looking forward to it x

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Peter can pay the extra for the taxis then. :D:like: (Bet Peter won't though :p )

I'm booked too. Looking forward to it xGreat! The more the merrier.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Ang, I'm sure we stayed in this Travelodge before as we went in the Toby Carvery and waited ages for you to get ready...

:sofa:

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh....is it that one?

(...and for the record - you weren't waiting for me to get ready per se. It was before I had the TENS machine, so I had to take some heavy-duty pain killers and wait for them to work before I could move again :p Even then, it was only 30-40 mins gap between arriving at the hotel, having a little rest, getting showered, changed, make-up on, and out! SO THERE! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p )

Corabar Steve
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Are you thinking of the one after the NADJ show when we went out in Bristol? (although that was a Harvester)

BPM we stayed near the NEC the first year it was there & Maypole the following 2 years.

The Last NADJ show in Birmingham we stayed at a Quality Inn (that Tom's SatNav seemed to like a lot) that was nearly in Coventry.

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Are you thinking of the one after the NADJ show when we went out in Bristol? (although that was a Harvester)

BPM we stayed near the NEC the first year it was there & Maypole the following 2 years.

The Last NADJ show in Birmingham we stayed at a Quality Inn (that Tom's SatNav seemed to like a lot) that was nearly in Coventry.

Actually I think you're right. That 'Toby Carvery' Daz & I are thinking about WAS a Harvester.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Actually I think you're right. That 'Toby Carvery' Daz & I are thinking about WAS a Harvester.

Probably! :o

katman
12-06-2012, 12:26 PM

:like: (Bet Peter won't though :p )

Great! The more the merrier.

He doesnt need to pay for taxis, being a non drinker he can drive his new van and provided all the building gear and DJ gear is removed he should be able to cram at least 25 people in there :lol: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Are you coming to BPM Keith? Be good to meet you!

katman
12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
I hope to get along for a daytime at least but wont know until nearer the time.

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
I hope to get along for a daytime at least but wont know until nearer the time.

Rubbish! Go for it and commit now.... and you HAVE to stay the night so that you can come out for the soiree: it's mandatory! :p :D

(...and I agree with Darren, it would be good to meet you)

DeckstarDeluxe
12-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Anyone who is unsure and who has never met us I do strongly suggest coming along. You will be surprised how different some people are in real life than they come across on the forum, me included :)

hammy
12-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Rubbish! Go for it and commit now.... and you HAVE to stay the night so that you can come out for the soiree: it's mandatory! :p :D

I stay in on these nights as they are boring :D

Anyone who is unsure and who has never met us I do strongly suggest coming along. You will be surprised how different some people are in real life than they come across on the forum, me included :)

Am I allowed to swear:D :D :D

Are we still doing Reflex ??

Paul James Promotions
12-06-2012, 02:00 PM
I will probably pop along :)

Excalibur
12-06-2012, 06:14 PM
According to Autoroute, one mile further from Broad Street, but twelve miles closer to the NEC. Four against sixteen. Less chance of you lot playing follow-my-leader for half an hour on the roundabouts of Birmingham. :p :D :D

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Suddenly Keith's suggestion of cramming all of you in the back of the van is looking very appealing. ;) :D

Indeed it is. I missed it once, and vowed never to do so again.

I agree strongly with my colleagues.

That is indeed true. And it's something well worth verifying in person.

soundmaster mobile disco
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Both alan and me stayed here 2 years ago,its an ok travel lodge for the money you pay.Meals at the toby took ages at night,it was a long wait.Very close to nec for bpm just pop on the coventry bus.

Only downside to this location is getting back to it from the town centre at night.we missed the last bus and had to hire a taxi.It cost us around £20 for the taxi back.

Last year we made the decision to stay in central birmingham,we booked the premier inn at waterloo street.great location with a wotherspoons right next door.plus a 15minute walk to reflex in broad street.

just checked it out they want £134 for 2 nights.thats way to expensive compared to last year.

hammy
12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Only downside to this location is getting back to it from the town centre at night.we missed the last bus and had to hire a taxi.It cost us around £20 for the taxi back.

4 in a taxi = £5 each, I cant complain at that, As long as it stops en-route:D :D

Excalibur
12-06-2012, 06:57 PM
just checked it out they want £134 for 2 nights.thats way to expensive compared to last year.

We were with you all the way, up to this point. ;) :D :D :D :D :D

4 in a taxi = £5 each, I cant complain at that, As long as it stops en-route:D :D

We've had six and seven seaters, which brought it nearer to three quid each.

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
I hate to break it to you, Peter, but taxi charges are higher for 6 seaters!

Ryu
12-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Umm...:)

Now got a ticket and just booked a room at the aforementioned Sheldon for the Sunday night....

Looking forward to putting some faces to names....I fear I may live to regret this ... :D

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Now got a ticket and just booked a room at the aforementioned Sheldon for the Sunday night....:thumbsup:

....I fear I may live to regret this ... :DBe afraid..... be VERY afraid!

hammy
12-06-2012, 08:08 PM

Now got a ticket and just booked a room at the aforementioned Sheldon for the Sunday night....

Looking forward to putting some faces to names....I fear I may live to regret this ... :D

:party2: :thumbs_up: :beerchug:

Ryu
12-06-2012, 08:18 PM
:thumbsup:

Be afraid..... be VERY afraid!

:D Very much looking forward to it, aside from the show itself, I must owe a good few pints to members who've helped me out in the past. Roll on October!

Excalibur
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I hate to break it to you, Peter, but taxi charges are higher for 6 seaters!

I refer you to my use of the past tense, indicating that I am referring to past experiences. ;)

If it's going to cost a fiver each, I'm doing two runs with my van! :D

Ryu
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Noooooo heck and dammit.....

My wife just reminded me, I've got a 10k run on the Sunday.

I've booked it all now but may have to reserve the actual going to BPM bit until the Monday (where having a hangover may help me not spend too much) and just head up to meet you for the evening thing on the Sunday.

And I'm now working the night before the 7th. Great prep for a 10k run that!! :muppet:

soundmaster mobile disco
12-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Thats alan and me now booked in at the sheldon.

We look forward to meeting you all again!

Greetings from scotland,if your lucky i may even bring some decent malt whisky for you guys to sample!

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 09:07 PM
You won't be the first to just come up for the Sunday night outing.

I only walk through the show as far as the bar on the Sunday, then out Sunday night, then walk around the show having a proper look on the Monday.

Just make sure you've got a few people's telephone numbers so that you can link up easily enough.... and in case you get lost (ask Dazzy about that one! :p )

Ryu
12-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks Angela, that sounds sensible. You'll be able to spot me as I'll be the 6ft 1 big bloke still out of breath and hobbling!

Alchemy
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Are you still finding £19 rooms? because I am only getting £39.50 ones :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-06-2012, 10:19 PM

It probably thinks you are French so is charging you more. :D

Alchemy
12-06-2012, 10:27 PM
It probably thinks you are French so is charging you more. :D

Bon point :D I'll try logging in from UK tomorrow and see if I get different prices

Ryu
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Mine was 19 this evening :)

DazzyD
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Both alan and me stayed here 2 years ago,its an ok travel lodge for the money you pay.Meals at the toby took ages at night,it was a long wait.Very close to nec for bpm just pop on the coventry bus.

Last year we made the decision to stay in central birmingham,we booked the premier inn at waterloo street.great location with a wotherspoons right next door.plus a 15minute walk to reflex in broad street.

It cost me more than that to get back to the Maypole from Birmingham New Street Station - after finding out that it WASN'T within walking distance (as one of the travel guides I'd consulted wrongly informed me!! :zip: ). And this was the Sunday afternoon and only me and Mark to share the cost!!

You won't be the first to just come up for the Sunday night outing.

I only walk through the show as far as the bar on the Sunday, then out Sunday night, then walk around the show having a proper look on the Monday.

Just make sure you've got a few people's telephone numbers so that you can link up easily enough.... and in case you get lost (ask Dazzy about that one! :p )

Yes. Get everyone's phone numbers. I found out, to my disappointment, that I really don't know better!! :Censored:

It's offering me a double or twin room for £29. Either the £19 rooms have all been snapped up or they've noticed the sudden run on bookings for that date and are out to capitalise!!

Corabar Entertainment
12-06-2012, 10:51 PM
If I remember rightly, same thing happened last year, and then after a couple of days the price reverted.

WWDJ
12-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks Angela, that sounds sensible. You'll be able to spot me as I'll be the 6ft 1 big bloke still out of breath and hobbling!

Sounds like me, but without the 10k run!

Excalibur
13-06-2012, 07:36 PM

If you start your search by looking for the lowest price rooms, then the website is still showing £29 rooms for Sunday. Saturday is indeed £39.50, but Monday returns to £19.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search.php?action=search&tab=list&source=XX&search_for=PROM3&checkInDate=07%2F10%2F2012&locpostText=birmingham

And exactly what makes you think that you'll stand out in a room full of DJs? :D :D :D :D :D

Ryu
13-06-2012, 09:18 PM
If you start your search by looking for the lowest price rooms, then the website is still showing £29 rooms for Sunday. Saturday is indeed £39.50, but Monday returns to £19.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search.php?action=search&tab=list&source=XX&search_for=PROM3&checkInDate=07%2F10%2F2012&locpostText=birmingham

And exactly what makes you think that you'll stand out in a room full of DJs? :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah in hind sight it wouldn't be the most stand out characteristics would it! :D

Twinspin
14-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Room Booked at The Sheldon Travelodge for Sunday Night.

soundmaster mobile disco
14-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Room Booked at The Sheldon Travelodge for Sunday Night.

good man john look forward to meeting you again

hammy
14-06-2012, 08:48 PM
who has booked at the Sheldon so far?

Me
Peter (Excalibur)
Darren (Solitaire)
John (twinspin)
Ryu
The Corabars
Steve (Alchemy)
Gary (Soundmaster)

Please add if I forgot you

anthf
14-06-2012, 09:38 PM
There will be 3 of us from up this way thinking of going they are jules from awesome productions,gary from slipped disco & myself anth.

Charlie Brown
14-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Well jel. :(

Corabar Entertainment
14-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Well jel. :(innit tho.

You auditioning for 'The Only Way Is Essex', Charlie? :p :p :p :D

Excalibur
15-06-2012, 07:42 AM
You auditioning for 'The Only Way Is Essex', Charlie? :p :p :p :D

Pirates of the Caribbean? :D

Kernow
15-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean? :D

Orlandos' stand-in ......... 'Algal Bloom' ? ;)

SC Events
15-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Got my ticket for BPM and have booked my room at the Sheldon Travelodge...

By the way, Sheldon is right next to Birmingham Airport ;) :D :D

DazzyD
15-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Which, in turn, is opposite Birmingham International train station which is joined on to the NEC. However, the main hall is still about a thousand miles away (or so it felt!!) so it's probably worth booking taxis from the hotel and back!!! :D :D

Corabar Steve
16-06-2012, 02:09 AM
It's walkable. About 3/4 an hour, but it's walkable. :sj:

Excalibur
16-06-2012, 10:25 AM

Oh no! Planespotters!:(

Which, in turn, is opposite Birmingham International train station which is joined on to the NEC. However, the main hall is still about a thousand miles away (or so it felt!!) so it's probably worth booking taxis from the hotel and back!!! :D :D
This travel report was brought to you by our roving correspondent, Dazzy D. :D

It's walkable. About 3/4 an hour, but it's walkable. :sj:
Only one way, I dare say, ie before visiting the bar at BPM. ;) :D

Corabar Steve
16-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Only one way, I dare say, ie before visiting the bar at BPM. ;) :D
:moon:

Did it both ways the first year. Never again! Yes, you're in the NEC within a few hundred yards, but it's the mile or so of corridors to get to the hall that BPM is in (nearly as far as you can go without going out the othr end)

DazzyD
16-06-2012, 02:29 PM

This travel report was brought to you by our roving correspondent, Dazzy D. :D

Ah, but I know this from personal experience (ie I saw the airport as we pulled in to Birmingham Internation Station!!!) and not from some report I read on t'internet!!

:moon:

Did it both ways the first year. Never again! Yes, you're in the NEC within a few hundred yards, but it's the mile or so of corridors to get to the hall that BPM is in (nearly as far as you can go without going out the othr end)

There's always those funny flat escalator-type things for the the older ones whos legs might not be able to take it!! Or, if I remember correctly, there was a bus service that went round the outside of the building (which I thought was strange when I saw the site plan - not a strange idea after walking it!!).

Corabar Steve
16-06-2012, 03:30 PM
There's always those funny flat escalator-type things for the the older ones whos legs might not be able to take it!! Or, if I remember correctly, there was a bus service that went round the outside of the building (which I thought was strange when I saw the site plan - not a strange idea after walking it!!).
I don't recall any travelators. A couple of escalators, where the corridor inexplicably changed levels , but no travelators.

There is a bus service from the car park to each hall, I would assume they'd do one from the station too.

DazzyD
16-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't recall any travelators. A couple of escalators, where the corridor inexplicably changed levels , but no travelators.

There is a bus service from the car park to each hall, I would assume they'd do one from the station too.

The way we came in from the train station, there was a really long corridor and it had two of those things in it. The odd thing was there a gap in the middle so people could get off in the middle - but there was nowhere else to go in the corridor!! I couldn't quite understand why there were two when they could have just had one really long one!

soundmaster mobile disco
16-06-2012, 04:01 PM
The way we came in from the train station, there was a really long corridor and it had two of those things in it. The odd thing was there a gap in the middle so people could get off in the middle - but there was nowhere else to go in the corridor!! I couldn't quite understand why there were two when they could have just had one really long one!

Yes they are really cool

it is a very long walk to the bpm arena from the train station.we do it every year.

Corabar Steve
16-06-2012, 04:29 PM
They must've been switched off when we went that way. They can't have really long ones, the motors aren't powerful enough. It's the same at airports, several smaller ones rather than one long one.

DazzyD
16-06-2012, 04:45 PM
They must've been switched off when we went that way. They can't have really long ones, the motors aren't powerful enough. It's the same at airports, several smaller ones rather than one long one.

Ah, right! I was thinking they had really long ones at Eurodisney when I was there in 1997 but, thinking about it, there were just a series of smaller ones.

Alchemy
17-06-2012, 04:08 PM
who has booked at the Sheldon so far?

Me
Peter (Excalibur)
Darren (Solitaire)
John (twinspin)
Ryu
The Corabars
Steve (Alchemy)
Gary (Soundmaster)

Please add if I forgot you

Hammy looked into the future and foretold that I would be booking....... which I have :eek: (can you give me next weeks lotto numbers Graham) :D

I'm flying in to Birmingham this year, arriving Friday and returning Monday and I am trying to avoid hiring a car if possible. Does anyone have room in their car from the Sheldon Travelodge to the NEC for the Saturday and Sunday?

Excalibur
17-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Hammy looked into the future and foretold that I would be booking....... which I have :eek: (can you give me next weeks lotto numbers Graham) :D

I'm flying in to Birmingham this year, arriving Friday and returning Monday and I am trying to avoid hiring a car if possible. Does anyone have room in their car from the Sheldon Travelodge to the NEC for the Saturday and Sunday?

Can't help Saturday I'm afraid ( unless things change in a variety of ways ) but Transport would be no problem on the Sunday.

Jiggles
17-06-2012, 05:22 PM
but Transport would be no problem on the Sunday.

If you don't mind sitting next to a cement mixer. :p

Excalibur
17-06-2012, 05:37 PM
If you don't mind sitting next to a cement mixer. :p

What size shoes do you take Callum? Just so I know which size of mould to use for the pair I'm making for you.

The concrete ones. :p

Alchemy
17-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Can't help Saturday I'm afraid ( unless things change in a variety of ways ) but Transport would be no problem on the Sunday.

Thanks Pete, are you going to the Travelodge before you go to the NEC on Sunday? If you are then can I book a place :)

soundmaster mobile disco
17-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Steve alan and me stayed here 2 years ago,its not far from bpm,just a short bus journey away.We also fly into birmingham on the saturday,we are looking at booking a hotel in birmingham city centre for saturday night only,due to the fact that we are going to the bpm after party at gatecrasher nightclub.

On the sunday night we are booked to stay in the sheldon travel lodge.

Look forward to seeing you again

Alchemy
17-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Steve alan and me stayed here 2 years ago,its not far from bpm,just a short bus journey away.We also fly into birmingham on the saturday,we are looking at booking a hotel in birmingham city centre for saturday night only,due to the fact that we are going to the bpm after party at gatecrasher nightclub.

On the sunday night we are booked to stay in the sheldon travel lodge.

Look forward to seeing you again

Thanks for the info Gary, I haven't been on a bus for about 35 years so should be fun :D May see you on Saturday

flatliners
17-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Think i am gonna do Saturday as well should be good might hire a car to get down

Lee
25-06-2012, 10:28 AM
I have just got my Ticket yay

Excalibur
25-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I have just got my Ticket yay

You buy a ticket? :confused: You buy a ticket? :confused: :confused: Good heavens, things must be different further South. I'd have expected your passenger(s) to have bought your ticket out of courtesy, as mine do. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2012, 12:45 PM
You buy a ticket? :confused: You buy a ticket? :confused: :confused: Good heavens, things must be different further South. I'd have expected your passenger(s) to have bought your ticket out of courtesy, as mine do. :D

I pay for the Hotel. ;)

Excalibur
25-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I pay for the Hotel. ;)
Then I apologise unreservedly for impugning your kind and generous nature Sir. :o :o :o I should have known better.

WWDJ
25-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Just looking at BPM as it will be good to put some faces to names.

It looks like everyone stops over then?

I'm only about 20 miles south of brum but trains finish at 9pm on a Sunday!

Those who drive to BPM, where do you park and leave your car on the Sunday night given that if I'm going to do this properly beer at BPM itself will probably be involved.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Just looking at BPM as it will be good to put some faces to names.

It looks like everyone stops over then?

I'm only about 20 miles south of brum but trains finish at 9pm on a Sunday!

Those who drive to BPM, where do you park and leave your car on the Sunday night given that if I'm going to do this properly beer at BPM itself will probably be involved.

Book the Travelodge - it has a car park and it will cost you less for a room than it would for a taxi.

WWDJ
25-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Book the Travelodge - it has a car park and it will cost you less for a room than it would for a taxi.

Which one Darren? NEC or in Birmingham itself?

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Which one Darren? NEC or in Birmingham itself?

The one we've all booked - the Sheldon.

WWDJ
25-06-2012, 01:57 PM
The one we've all booked - the Sheldon.

Right, assuming it's the Sheldon about 3 miles from the NEC, then i'm all done @£29. I'll let you 'old hands' point me in the right direction for the 'on the day' arrangements.

What's the most cost effective way of obtaining a BPM ticket?

Corabar Entertainment
25-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Hopefully you searched this thread and found the link and are in the right hotel!

I've booked here.
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/445/Birmingham-Sheldon-hotel/parking-facilities

BPM tickets can be bought from the BPM website: http://www.visitbpm.co.uk/

WWDJ
25-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Hopefully you searched this thread and found the link and are in the right hotel!

BPM tickets can be bought from the BPM website: http://www.visitbpm.co.uk/

That's all booked then and yes correct hotel :D

Looking forward to it ... I think :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2012, 02:55 PM
That's all booked then and yes correct hotel :D

Looking forward to it ... I think :eek:

Don't bring your bloody Macbook...:boxer2:

DeckstarDeluxe
25-06-2012, 03:57 PM
What's the most cost effective way of obtaining a BPM ticket?

Robbing one on the day? :D

Be good to finally meet you Dave.

Well... it would give Cowlin someone to talk to...... The Macbook not Dave :D

Corabar Entertainment
25-06-2012, 03:58 PM
That's all booked then and yes correct hotel :D:thumbsup:

Looking forward to it ... I think :eek:Be afraid...... be VERY afraid!

WWDJ
25-06-2012, 04:10 PM

So is that 'BPM Laptop Reliability Challenge' not on then ? :D

Robbing one on the day? :D

Be good to finally meet you Dave.

I'm much better looking that my photo suggests lol :D

Well... it would give Cowlin someone to talk to...... The Macbook not Dave :D

We can salivate over all the Apple hardware on show together ...

soundmaster mobile disco
26-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Look forward to meeting you dave!

There cant be many rooms available left at sheldon now!

Looking forward to the sunday night out!

Corabar Entertainment
26-06-2012, 06:00 PM
It's about time we started taking a roll call, isn't it?

I've added a poll, but kept it to a simple 'yes' or 'no'. PLEASE ONLY VOTE 'YES' ONCE YOU'RE ALL BOOKED!!

Penfold42
28-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Am i reading this right....£30 for the Maypole? :o

Corabar Entertainment
28-06-2012, 06:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We're not in the Maypole this year!

It's the Sheldon Travelodge (...and we can all blame Peter if it's not OK :p )

I've booked here.

Five miles for, BPM, closer to Brum, has a Toby Carvery next door, and "Alcohol available".

Excalibur
28-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Am i reading this right....£30 for the Maypole? :o
Sadly, we appear to have missed the chance to stay at this four star venue for only a tenner. Your unwillingness to pay thirty quid for the pleasure is understandable. ;) Hence the post below.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And I have no doubt that everyone will readily do so. At length. In stentorian tones. Or large font, depending on the communication medium.

I am braced for the inevitable barrage of abuse, whether warranted or not.

WWDJ
28-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Sadly, we appear to have missed the chance to stay at this four star venue for only a tenner. Your unwillingness to pay thirty quid for the pleasure is understandable. ;) Hence the post below.

And I have no doubt that everyone will readily do so. At length. In stentorian tones. Or large font, depending on the communication medium.

I am braced for the inevitable barrage of abuse, whether warranted or not.

It's a Travelodge. If it has a bed I'll be surprised :rolleyes:
I probably won't see much of it anyhow. I guess it's one saving grace is they don't usually have a 24 hour bar, so when Reflex closes that will be it.

Corabar Entertainment
28-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I guess it's one saving grace is they don't usually have a 24 hour bar, so when Reflex closes that will be it.Yeah... right :rolleyes:

hammy
28-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I I guess it's one saving grace is they don't usually have a 24 hour bar, so when Reflex closes that will be it.

:rofl: :rofl: :laughup: :laughup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have you seen Steve Hanleys avatar. There my friend is your answer. The travel lodge by me has a 24hr bar.

Excalibur
28-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I guess it's one saving grace is they don't usually have a 24 hour bar, so when Reflex closes that will be it.

Oh my, how much you have to learn. :whistle: Some of the antics last year as folk found 24 hour offies was hilarious. :Laugh:

More pragmatic souls had already stocked up the MDD Bar, in readiness. The Last Men Standing deserve a vote of congratulations for their diligence in refusing to succumb to the arms of Morpheus.

Please note that this year's temporary abode proclaims "Alcohol available". What that translates to will be interesting. I can inform Travelodge management that when MDD are in residence, alcohol is most definitely available. :beer1:

And Angela, while I can fully understand you telling Penfold about the venue change, a tiny part of me thinks that staying in the Maypole on his own would have been a fitting consequence for him not reading the relevant details in this thread. :D :D

Charlie Brown
28-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Just don't crawl to your room at 8.00am. Especially when you say, 'I'm only going for a nap' :D

Excalibur
28-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Just don't crawl to your room at 8.00am. Especially when you say, 'I'm only going for a nap' :D

Another one who's learning. ;) ;) :D

Rip Van Brown gets an honourable mention, for sleeping through not one, but two fire alarms without even opening an eyelid. :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping:

hammy
28-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Another one who's learning. ;) ;) :D

Rip Van Brown gets an honourable mention, for sleeping through not one, but two fire alarms without even opening an eyelid. :Sleeping: :Sleeping: :Sleeping:

And of course a few of us jumping on him before we left.

WWDJ
28-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Do we therefore think I would be better getting the train to the NEC than attempting to drive the next day ????

Excalibur
28-06-2012, 08:16 PM
And of course a few of us jumping on him before we left.
And considering you were tasked with actually getting him out of the room, you did a :Censored: poor job! :p

Do we therefore think I would be better getting the train to the NEC than attempting to drive the next day ????

Yes. While you're at it, take the following week off work. ;) There's no point in turning up at your place of work, cos you'll be :Censored: all use. :D :D :D

Penfold42
28-06-2012, 08:54 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's even worse.....that £32.50p............:D :D :D

Booked. :beer1:

Excalibur
28-06-2012, 09:09 PM
That's even worse.....that £32.50p............:D :D :D
Serves you right. :p Next time, don't be late, and it'll cost £19 or less.

Booked. :beer1:

Oh goody. We could really use another sober, sensible, well behaved person in the group. Sadly, we'll have to make do with Penfold. :( :( :(

Penfold42
28-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh goody. We could really use another sober, sensible, well behaved person in the group. Sadly, we'll have to make do with Penfold. :( :( :(

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising - YouTube

You think.....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I didn't have a house warming so i figure doing it this way is a lot better. :beer1:

Serves you right. :p Next time, don't be late, and it'll cost £19 or less.
Your phone not working......:)

Charlie Brown
28-06-2012, 09:27 PM

I'm not going to even be there but in short, yes.

Don't even bother - just train it down, unless you don't plan on driving for another three years ;) :D

Corabar Steve
29-06-2012, 10:58 AM
so when Reflex closes that will be it.

Yeah... right :rolleyes:

Have you seen Steve Hanleys avatar. There my friend is your answer.
I took said photo.

At approx 07:00

Alchemy
29-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I took said photo.

And I was in charge of makeup and lighting :daft:

STEVE HANLEY
02-07-2012, 03:52 PM

Have you seen Steve Hanleys avatar. There my friend is your answer. The travel lodge by me has a 24hr bar.

I took said photo.

And I was in charge of makeup and lighting :daft:

All booked Mary and me. So I can have different avatar picture for later this year. I'll certainly drink to that (Hic)

soundmaster mobile disco
02-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Look forward to seeing you and mary again steve!

DazzyD
03-07-2012, 07:23 AM
I took said photo.

Surely it wasn't that early? I was present at said photoshoot and I thought it was nearer to 9am? It was just as we were leaving the Maypole to go to Greggs for our bacon butties!

It was great to see a master photographer at work as Steve carefully rearranged the "props" on the table to achieve the desired shot!! :D

Charlie Brown
03-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Dazzy D, I didn't know you were there?!

hammy
03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Dazzy D, I didn't know you were there?!

You didnt know anyone was there Charlie, But saying that I didnt know you were there either Dazzy.

Corabar Entertainment
03-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Well, if Dazzy knew his left from his right, more people might have known he was there. ;) :p :D

Alchemy
03-07-2012, 12:29 PM
This was the line up in the morning as far as I remember :rolleyes:

DazzyD
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Well, if Dazzy knew his left from his right, more people might have known he was there. ;) :p :D

Can't argue with that.

This was the line up in the morning as far as I remember :rolleyes:

That was several hours prior to me being in the reception area - I was leaving the hotel at the time and it was daylight!! Steve Hanley was as is he is in his profile photo (being somewhere between alseep and alcohol-induced unconsciousness!) and I was talking to Corabar Steve and Excalibur before I left for the train. Charlie had gone to bed (where he apparently remained for some time - even through a fire alarm if I've read things right!). Someone else came in just as I was leaving but I can't remember who it was.

Leicester Ben
03-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Just booked my room now, by the looks of late rooms.com Birmingham is nearly fully booked on the Sunday night. Me and Paul found this place though which looks ok: http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/232410_bloc-hotel-birmingham-birmingham.aspx

My plan is to park the car there in the morning and then get public transport to the BPM and then the drinks can start and networking begin!

Nigel who came last year with me and who went on the Benidorm holiday fancies it again this year also, Jon and Matt who work with me might also come.

Should be a laugh as per usual!

Spirits High
03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Just booked my room now, by the looks of late rooms.com Birmingham is nearly fully booked on the Sunday night. Me and Paul found this place though which looks ok: http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/232410_bloc-hotel-birmingham-birmingham.aspx

My plan is to park the car there in the morning and then get public transport to the BPM and then the drinks can start and networking begin!

Nigel who came last year with me and who went on the Benidorm holiday fancies it again this year also, Jon and Matt who work with me might also come.

Should be a laugh as per usual!

I've booked it too, all done and dusted.

Although I've got a Wedding fayre on the Sunday I should make it by about 6ish.

Leicester Ben
04-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Nigel is booked into the Jury's Inn!

DeckstarDeluxe
04-07-2012, 07:53 PM
How far away are these two hotels then Ben?

Danno13
04-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Are you booked into the one that's practicaly in Redditch again?