PDA

View Full Version : Denon HD2500 - No Problem, Just a question.

Shakermaker Promotions
10-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

Every Thursday I update my HD2500 using Music Manager. No problems whatsoever.

Used it on Friday and everything perfect as usual.
Set it up on Saturday morning and soundchecked and again....no problems.
When I turned up at my gig on Saturday night, I turned it on and noticed that on the screen it was saying "Creating DB" and it took around 10 minutes to do it. This wasn't a problem as I had VDJ up and running and the room was empty at the time.

Just wondered why it did this?
It's never done it before. My only thought is that after I soundchecked I may have switched off the power at the socket and not on the Denon first?
Saying that though, I have done a couple of gigs where it has gone off in mid-play due to a sound limiter and it has been fine when it's booted up again.

I've switched it on 5 minutes ago and it's fine?
Strange!?
Anyone had anything similar happen?

Shaun
10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Had this happen once before too. I didn't need to create new database though, I just switched my external HDD off and on again, then selected the hard drive again. Thankfully it read the database ok the second time. It's never happened since and I've no idea what caused it.

Shakermaker Promotions
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks mate. Yes, very strange.

Gary
17-10-2011, 12:07 AM
"Creating DB" and it took around 10 minutes to do it. This wasn't a problem as I had VDJ up and running and the room was empty at the time.

Just wondered why it did this

Hi Gary. Was this on the internal hard drive, or an external hard drive?

Shakermaker Promotions
17-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi Gary, hope you're well.
To be honest with you, I don't know?
I literally turned on the system and got on with other stuff while it booted up. I happened to look at the screen as it was saying "Creating DB - 8%" and it was then that I knew it would take a little while to register all of the tracks.

The only thing I can think of (and I am probably wrong), is that maybe a USB lead from one of the external HD's had come slightly loose in transit? Also, I use 2 x external HD's (USB1 and USB2). I hardly ever use the Internal HD on the unit.

The main thing is, I have done 3 gigs since that incident and the HD2500 has been perfect in boot up and throughout the evening. My thought is that it was a USB lead that had come loose but I'm not the expert mate. I'll leave all the technical stuff to you.

Thanks.