PDA

View Full Version : Help/Advice/Information needed.

Excalibur
16-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Well folks, this could be the prelude to an unprecedented cold snap in Hades, but I'm strongly looking at laptop controllers! :eek: :eek:
Before anyone starts, don't go suggesting MC6000's and Space Shuttle compatible units, the parameters set in stone are:
1) Simple.
2) Must have "Play" buttons
3) Cheap
4) Simple
5) Work out of the box with VDJ.

For £50, this Numark DJ2Go looks a contender. Failing that being suitable, what s/h units might fit the bill? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Shakermaker Promotions
16-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Peter. the Numark DJ2Go is simple and does the job. Very easy to use and as you say, only £50.00!
I use it as backup with VDJ and on friday I thought I would use it a bit more and when I did a Dubstep set, I mixed it (which is easy enough with Dubstep as it's all around 70bpm) and it worked well.

Excalibur
16-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Peter. the Numark DJ2Go is simple and does the job. Very easy to use and as you say, only £50.00!

Thanks for that Gary, I'm pleased and surprised with that. :D

Shakermaker Promotions
16-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Ha! Ha! Guess what!!??

It also has PLAY Buttons too!:D ;)

funkymook
16-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm not confident that the DJ2GO's mini connection will stand the rigours of the road. It feels like one knock could easily put it out of action.
Peter - for the cost of carriage you're welcome to borrow mine to try it out.

Excalibur
16-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Ha! Ha! Guess what!!??

It also has PLAY Buttons too!:D ;)
Then I think I'm sold on the idea. :D

I'm not confident that the DJ2GO's mini connection will stand the rigours of the road. It feels like one knock could easily put it out of action.
Oh drat. :( I knew £50, and with Play buttons was too good to be true. :cry:

Peter - for the cost of carriage you're welcome to borrow mine to try it out.

Tempting. I may consider that, kind Sir.

AndyC
16-10-2011, 12:44 PM
2 weeks ago my DJ2GO got me out of a tricky situation when my new laptop refused to see the DAC2 (which was quite tricky to get going under windows 7) used it all night to control RPM with out a hitch but I do agree that the mini usb is a bit of a worry as the cable is more weighty than the plug and socket I ended up taping the lead to the deck stand just in case.

Andy

Shakermaker Promotions
16-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I ended up taping the lead to the deck stand just in case. Andy

That's something I do with all USB connections when they are on the deckstand as I don't want to knock them.

Ryu
16-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I have used one of these

http://www.numark.com/totalcontrol

for the past 3 years...as yet, without any significant problems

Simple, intuitive, responsive, works out of the box with VDJ, and only a smidgen (£40) more than the one you are looking at

yourdj
16-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I have a kam digi mini (new) for sale in the box. Never used it.

Bought an ipad with djay so do not need it now.

Bit more than £50 but well worth it as it has allot of standard higher end functions and is solid.

http://shop.sparkillystudios.co.uk/WebRoot/Store3/Shops/es114078_shop/4D97/133B/877E/5AAF/5A01/0A0F/1118/A0A3/kam_digi_mini_kit_d1.jpg