PDA

View Full Version : 10inch active cabs

Andy Goodtimes
19-10-2011, 01:46 AM
I need some more 10inch powered cabs and am leaning towards the RCF ART 310, maybe being a bit daft as I have 4 pairs of them already and know they’re very good value but am wondering about getting something different this time. These are going to be mainly for conferencing and also for one in each corner of a fair sized room over Christmas with subs hidden away.

I’ve got some 710s and although I like them they are far too harsh for this type of work, I also have some K10s and they’re not quite right for this type of work either…So just wondering about the RCF Art 408s and 410s because I haven’t heard them yet, has anyone got any and if so what do you think of them?

supersound
19-10-2011, 06:43 AM
I heard Dave(5tatman)'s D technologies 10" speakers at Coalville and the clarity was amazing.These were the "D" series.

Paul

DJ Jules
19-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I need some more 10inch powered cabs and am leaning towards the RCF ART 310, maybe being a bit daft as I have 4 pairs of them already and know they’re very good value but am wondering about getting something different this time. These are going to be mainly for conferencing and also for one in each corner of a fair sized room over Christmas with subs hidden away.

I’ve got some 710s and although I like them they are far too harsh for this type of work, I also have some K10s and they’re not quite right for this type of work either…So just wondering about the RCF Art 408s and 410s because I haven’t heard them yet, has anyone got any and if so what do you think of them?

If harshness is the problem, the move up to the 422's (ok, so it's a 12" cab), the 2" throat on the horn makes a BIG difference to the sound. It's a shame they don't do the same option on the 10" cabs.

Julian

Andy Goodtimes
19-10-2011, 07:40 AM
I have always thought the 2 inch horn would go well on the 310, I have some 322s and they are what I use most and love the horns on them, plenty of throw without being at all harsh.

I wonder were those DB Paul? I have listened to them, in fact it was at Coleville about 4 or 5 years ago that I first heard them, it was Pete Lockwood who had married them up with the compact 15 inch DB subs and it was without a doubt the best little system there.

Must admit I am leaning towards the 410s but I need 4 and its £450 more than the 310s and I'm not sure looking at the specifications if its worth the extra...prob going to be a trip to Absolute to listen to them all.

DJ Paulie
20-10-2011, 12:50 AM
I use 2 Behringer B212D 12" actives, good sound and have even used them in a sports hall with no problems.

blitz
27-10-2011, 08:17 AM
ive got a pair of rcf 310a's up for grabs in the forsale section if you are interested

djdj
27-10-2011, 10:57 AM
I heard Dave(5tatman)'s D technologies 10" speakers at Coalville and the clarity was amazing.These were the "D" series.

Paul

+1 fantastic sound