PDA

View Full Version : Hampshire DJ Alliance - Christmas Party - 8th Nov!

yourdj
19-10-2011, 09:03 AM
You are invited to our Christmas party!! :DJ:

We all have busy Decembers booked so let your hair down and party with us!!
The next meeting is at Mavericks in Southampton (Not the Slug and Lettuce) on Tuesday 8th November!
7pm-10pm – finish 11pm.

Its a very nice function room above a nice quiet pub near Debenhams.
There is parking right outside so the access is great.

http://www.youngs.co.uk/pub-detail.asp?PubID=1000
http://g.co/maps/wbhw4

- General chat, mince pies and mulled wine.
- Non cheesy good Christmas music for once!! Like this B.B. King- Merry Christmas Baby - YouTube
- One to one speed networking – A chance to properly get to know each member in 3 minutes.
- Christmas music quiz with some small prizes.

After party some more mulled wine and Djing demo from one of our members.

Who we are:
We are a group of likeminded local mobile DJ’s who do not all sit around a table and compare our rig sizes, but have fun, swap information/work and get on well with each other. We meet once a month in Southampton.

Visit our Facebook group if you are not already a participating member, its well worth the time. http://www.facebook.com/groups/170340703021345/
One of our meetings over the summer:

HDA meeting - Hampshire mobile DJ alliance - Mobile Disco Association Southampton - YouTube

yourdj
02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Anyone up for this then :)

I have had a ring around and have 15/6 confirmed so set to be an excellent night! I am also unveiling plans for an MC and Wedding etiquette course with a discount for participating HDA members. :)

Paul The Party Dj
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I'll be there - as long as that doesn't put too many people off!

Seriously, if you can make it we'd love to see you.

Gary
02-11-2011, 11:54 PM
I cant make the November one, and obviously not December - but a January / February maybe. Might bring alone a little something or two, if you're interested in equipment.

yourdj
03-11-2011, 08:23 AM
I cant make the November one, and obviously not December - but a January / February maybe. Might bring alone a little something or two, if you're interested in equipment.

great :)

Its not really an equipment focused group (more about getting together for a chat) but I may do one in the new year that looks at some kit. The first one we ever did everyone brought one piece of kit that has impressed them so I may do that again as it went well. :)

Andy did a great talk the other day on DMX and we did a demo of the Pioneer when it came out so something along those lines would work well?

yourdj
08-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Happening tonight.

Have 20 confirmed so far so it will be a good one!!

Anyone welcome so just pop along for as long as you can.

Cheers :)

Shakermaker Promotions
08-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Hope it goes well. I have a Darts match tonight so unfortunately can't make it.

yourdj
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Cheers Gary.

Its a rather relaxed one.

We will be doing some more formal meetings in 2012 with the additon of some seminars from experts in the field.

Paul The Party Dj
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah - we're going to a field!

See you tonight ;)

yourdj
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
this was the best one yet.

The speed networking was a complete success and the crappy christmas quiz went down well.

Cheers guys had a great night.

only downside was when I announced it as the Christmas party 2010 :muppet: