PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a good Wireless Printer / Copier / Scanner

WWDJ
21-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi Guys,

I've got fed up with leaving a pc on / having to turn pc on just to print.

In additional to this our scanner bit the dust when i dropped it a few months ago

So i am looking for an all in one plug and play that I can print and scan wirelessly. Ideally it will 'wake up' to print so that it stays off in powersave most of the time.

Needs to support windows and osx and if possible ios (not essential)

Oh and less than a ton ££

I dont need flashy lcd screens unless they add real benefit.

Thx

DazzyD
21-10-2011, 10:49 AM
HP Deskjet 3050. I got mine for less than £40. Not the best print quality in the world but it does the job that I want it to do. Seems to have a good wireless range, too. We can print from any room in the house which is good when our mobile/wireless reception in the house is usually pretty poor. And multipack ink is available from Argos for less than £20!!

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Multi-Function-Printers/buy-HP-Deskjet-3050-Multi-Function-Printer/662291

Cowlinn
21-10-2011, 11:29 AM
HP PhotoSmart, can't recommend it highly enough.

Does everything you need and is in budget, I have two of these.

Ink is also fairly cheap

HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

welby
21-10-2011, 11:54 AM
It's not the printer cost that you should be worried about but the costs for the replacement ink.

I would recommend the Epson SX510W or similar as the ink refills are very cheap.

I find the best way is to look at the costs of ink refills and then make a judgement on the printer.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Shakermaker Promotions
21-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I literally bought on yesterday!
An HP Deskjet 3050A. Does what I want it to....oh, and the good thing is the E Print facility.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Staples had an offer on HP printers recently - for less than £100, you could get fax. printer, copier and scanner. Brilliant offer and it was wireless too.

I'll see if I can find the linky for you.

CRAZY K
21-10-2011, 01:15 PM
HP PhotoSmart, can't recommend it highly enough.

Does everything you need and is in budget, I have two of these.

Ink is also fairly cheap

HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories (http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Photosmart-C4780-All-in-One-Printer/dp/B002GBOK7A)

Yep we have one of those--well its a B110 bought as a Chrissie present and really handy for wireless work, not bad quality either and black cartidges are about a tenner which isnt too bad.

Scanning is good as well.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-10-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.staples.co.uk/technology-promotions/inkjet-multifunction/photosmart-premium-fax-e-all-in-one-printer-print-scan-copy-fax?r=bf

This is very similar to the £300 model I have but mine is older. The carts last ages and the print quality is fantastic.

Highly recommended.

Steve the DJ
21-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Weird.

I'm sitting here reading this thread and my trusty Epson all in one that has provided 7 years great service has just died.

I was printing a photo which came out in funny colours so I changed the cartridges just in case, still got the same result. I turned it off and back on again (I'm a technician see...) and it just gave up the ghost, simple as that!

So I think I also need a new printer and will follow this thread with interest!

:daft:

Twinspin
21-10-2011, 04:22 PM
what exactly is the printer coming up with Steve. I might know whats wrong with it....

As for printers i use an Epson myself.... mines about 7 or 8 year old its an Epson R300 Photo printer. Still refusing to give up. I wouldnt mind an all-in-one printer with wireless once this printer dies.... if it ever does.

Printer recommendations..... Id recommend Epson for a lot of the reasons mentioned above.

Digitalsounds
22-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Can i put a shout in for the Kodak printers start from £69 and think does not cost your arms and legs to replace,

looking into there top end models at the min.

Andy Goodtimes
22-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Got a Cannon combination printer/scanner/copier, its fine does the job well and only cost £39...if I remember correctly, it was an old stock clearance from Staples, but they've always got something on offer.

JAMdisco
24-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I bough this one (paid a little less for it from ebuyer but they don't stock it anymore)

Also, high capacity inks are reasonable at around £50 for 2 full sets (need to shop around though).

Also good wireless range.

Justin

Jiggles
24-10-2011, 11:22 AM
See here for some rather good deals :) http://www.ijtdirect.co.uk/?sct=printers

Steve the DJ
25-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Just thought I would mention that after a good trawl of the internet I picked up a Canon Pixma MP499 (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/canon-pixma-mp499-wireless-all-in-one-inkjet-printer-07540892-pdt.html?srcid=198~Computing~07540892&cmpid=ppc~gg~UFP-Printer~07540892~LT&mctag=gg_goog_7904&gclid=CODezfWYhKwCFUtB4QodgXAnKg) All In One from Tesco today for just under £40.

Nowhere near as "sturdy" as my old Epson (but that did cost 6 times as much!), yet it prints nicely, scans well and does it all Wirelessly which is all I need really.

I'll let you know how it goes over a longer period but so far so good.