PDA

View Full Version : Antari Fogger - blocked or broken?

pagan_flame
24-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Took my Antari F80 fog machine out last night for the first time in 4 months - last time I used it it was fine, last night smoke very reluctant to come out.

Any ideas, experienced foggers? Nozzle blocked, or has the fluid 'gone off' by standing? How do you clean them through if so?

Cheers for any help.

Corabar Steve
24-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Try running it with distilled water in the tank

Paul James Promotions
24-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Try running it with distilled water in the tank

Yep.

Which fluid are you using?

Have a disco
24-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Suggest whilst unplugged putting something thin up the exitpipe as to clear line as well could be a small spider or fly into the works

spin mobile disco
24-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Im told white vinegar mixed with distilled water 1-2 mix put trhough will clear the nossel. I had same problem on my faser a quick clean and it was fine.

DMX Will
24-09-2006, 03:14 PM
One of our F80s needs a good clean. I just haven't used it since the output went "bad". Where do we get distilled water from then? and what actually is it?

dj_ags
24-09-2006, 04:26 PM
One of our F80s needs a good clean. I just haven't used it since the output went "bad". Where do we get distilled water from then? and what actually is it?

If i remember rightly from a chemistry lesson last year, i think distilled water is produced by boiling ordinary tap water...and condensing the steam back into liquid form. Some say that distilled water is more pure than tap water because it contains fewer impurities as a result of boiling.

However, this process sounds pretty long winded and i am unsure whether you can buy it...but i know that di-ionised water is pretty much the same and you can pick up a bottle of that from your local DIY store in the car care section :)

Also, what Spin said about the white wine vinegar is also correct. We was having problems with our Source smoke machine, and when we asked at our local disco shop, they said exactly what Spin has suggested...and it worked :)

spin mobile disco
24-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Distilled water can be found in the form of battery water, or if you have a condensing tuble drier the water removed is distilled. Basically distilled water is pure, all or most all impurities are removed. White vinegar mixed with distilled water creates a mildly acid mixture that disolves bio matter. Which is basically what smoke fluid is.

Handy for cleaning windows to.

Jiggles
24-09-2006, 07:09 PM
HE HE HE HE

Our water up here is very pure so i don need to buy it :teeth:

DMX Will
24-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Distilled water can be found in the form of battery water, or if you have a condensing tuble drier the water removed is distilled. Basically distilled water is pure, all or most all impurities are removed. White vinegar mixed with distilled water creates a mildly acid mixture that disolves bio matter. Which is basically what smoke fluid is.

Handy for cleaning windows to.

So we're all going to be making our own smoke fluid then!

Jiggles
24-09-2006, 07:48 PM
So we're all going to be making our own smoke fluid then!

I dont know if this i legal to put up on here but: http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/smoke.htm :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
24-09-2006, 08:47 PM
So we're all going to be making our own smoke fluid then!Will - I suggest you re-read this thread, as you seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick! :omg: (Well, until Callum put his last post up, that is!! :teeth: )

DMX Will
24-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I dont know if this i legal to put up on here but: http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/smoke.htm :teeth:

Posting that isnt illegal. It's your machine to do (within reason) what you like with. Antari/jem/martin or the like could sue you because your not buying enough of their fluid ;) :teeth: :teeth:

DMX Will
24-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Will - I suggest you re-read this thread, as you seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick! :omg: (Well, until Callum put his last post up, that is!! :teeth: )

?? *confused smiley here*

Jiggles
24-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Posting that isnt illegal. It's your machine to do (within reason) what you like with. Antari/jem/martin or the like could sue you because your not buying enough of their fluid ;) :teeth: :teeth:

Iv been looking on that guys website :omg: the things he makes are deadly dangerous

DMX Will
24-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Iv been looking on that guys website :omg: the things he makes are deadly dangerous

but you "Like blowing things up"

It's a very good website, he has alot of guts, but ive just spent about an hour on the site reading things. Very impressed with the DMX stuff and also the Pyro page too.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2006, 11:53 PM
?? *confused smiley here*
:confused:

One of them you mean?

DMX Will
25-09-2006, 12:34 PM
:confused:

One of them you mean?

Yes one of them :P

magicfm
25-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Antari smoke machine. :sad: oh no

Try distilled water, available from garages and some tescos. You use this water in car batteries and irons.

failing that throw it in bin and buy a hazer.

Had one, mate had one and we stripped them down after they clogged and still no luck.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

(_8())

spin mobile disco
01-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Remember the white vinegar it disolves the sludge.

spin mobile disco
01-10-2006, 03:56 AM
The problem doesnt even happen with cheap models if they are used regularly. The problem is when they are not used very often. The smoke fluid that is left in tank after emptying bleeds throught the system and sets very much like treacle. If like me you have a smoke machine you dont use very often it is worth giving it a quick clean before any gig (i only use mine about 1 every 2 months these days) mine has never blocked and I payed about £50 a year ago (half price offer at the time)

But to be honest 7 years ago £200 was a cheap price for a smoke machine only the market has changed a lot since then and prices have come down considerably. Smoke machines are very basic and the difference between expensive and cheap is usually only a trade mark or cosmetic difference.

I've used a vivid smoke machine before, cost £29.99 from maplin uses about 100 - 200 ml of fluid for a 4 hour gig went off like a turbo jet first time I used it filled room in about 20 sec. 40 sec thought I was becoming asmatic lol couldnt see 2 foot in front of me. Other than the fact it can cause mains pulse when its turned on (so learnt to run it on seperate supply to my decks) you cant fault it far anything else.

Discodaz
01-10-2006, 08:19 AM

Interesting reading, thkns.

pagan_flame
16-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Antari smoke machine. :sad: oh no

Try distilled water, available from garages and some tescos. You use this water in car batteries and irons.

failing that throw it in bin and buy a hazer.

Had one, mate had one and we stripped them down after they clogged and still no luck.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

(_8())Finally got around to it... (other personal stuff has been keeping me busy)

Ran distilled through - the same, still blocked.. stripped it, still clogged.

Looks like white wine vinegar is on my shopping list tomorrow night, and maybe a hazer by the weekend! :bang:

Corabar Entertainment
17-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Good Luck Malcolm!

pagan_flame
20-11-2006, 06:02 PM
It's b^ggered... so off to the dump with it.

Now do I splash out on a hazer? Or just another cheapo smoke machine for the few times a year I get to use it...?

spin mobile disco
20-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Go for a an antari smoke machine from maplin £29.99 at the moment, if you want haze just wave a paper over it when you use it lol. Works ok for me.

ross@rds
20-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Tryed it with water (not tap water) with vinigur didnot work tho.

spin mobile disco
20-11-2006, 10:23 PM
you have to let the unit preheat, then when its ready press the release on the machine. It can take up to half an hour of constant use to clear it. Keep trying it should work. Worked on mine 3 times now.

DMX Will
21-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Other thing to try is boiling water, if the fluid has blocked up before getting to the heater, it could just be sitting there as a solid :)

Ricesnaps
21-11-2006, 09:14 AM
It's b^ggered... so off to the dump with it.

Now do I splash out on a hazer? Or just another cheapo smoke machine for the few times a year I get to use it...?
Malcolm,

Think I said this earlier in the thread - had exactly the same problem with my F80. But it was a little old!

Go for an Antari Fazer - not quite a haze machine, but a great compromise. Haven't looked back since getting mine!

It's this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46634&criteria=L56BJ&doy=21m11

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Malcolm,

Think I said this earlier in the thread - had exactly the same problem with my F80. But it was a little old!

Go for an Antari Fazer - not quite a haze machine, but a great compromise. Haven't looked back since getting mine!

It's this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46634&criteria=L56BJ&doy=21m11

So is a Fazer a cross between a Fogger & a Hazer? :D

Ricesnaps
21-11-2006, 11:56 AM
So is a Fazer a cross between a Fogger & a Hazer? :D
As i understand it, it's a machine that generates a haze using standard smoke fluid, although I was supplied with haze fluid when I bought mine!

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 12:02 PM
No, still none the wiser.

DMX Will
21-11-2006, 12:21 PM
The fluid is all the same stuff i suspect, possibly the haze fluid is just water'd down!!

Fazer seems to be a popular name for models of haze machines, probably got something to do with it sounds like hazer and faze sort of suggests slight amounts of smoke, i guess :s

magicfm
21-11-2006, 01:05 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haze_machine

Corabar Entertainment
21-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Yes - but what's a 'Fazer'? :confused:

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm beginning to think it's just a brand / model name.

magicfm
21-11-2006, 01:25 PM
It's the name of a haze machine in Maplins :)

(_8())

Dragonfly
21-11-2006, 01:27 PM
ive got one ....... i think rice has too .... please dont tell anyone i went into maplins. its very good at first use .... i cannot comment on reliability as ive only used it 2 or 3 times but it does what it says on the tin upto now.

Corabar Steve
21-11-2006, 01:37 PM
ive got one ....... i think rice has too .... Er yeah :D

Go for an Antari Fazer - not quite a haze machine, but a great compromise. Haven't looked back since getting mine!Keep up! :)

please dont tell anyone i went into maplins. DAVE SHOPS IN MAPLINS!

magicfm
21-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Er yeah :D
Keep up! :)
DAVE SHOPS IN MAPLINS!

:o I am so embarrassed for him :o

lol

Dragonfly
21-11-2006, 01:50 PM
rumbled!!! but come on my new 256mb ipod will be ideal for weddings !!! and only 20 quid lol

if its any consellation i walked in backwards so it looked like i was walking out???

Ricesnaps
21-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Ok,

As I understand it, the Fazer will produce haze from standard glycol based fog liquid.

Now I don't do the science bit, but it says it has something to do with forcing the smoke in a downward directionwith a fan placed over the output nozzle.

I can't tell you what it's like with standard fluid as the retailer I bought it from (which wasn't maplin I hasten to add - Maplin would have been bloody cheaper!) supplied me with haze fluid.

However, It works a treat, although I probably should take a fan with me as it tends not to rise very well.

Does that help?

Dragonfly
21-11-2006, 02:20 PM
works fine with normal fog fluid although a little bit heavy i would recommend gettin haze fluid as rice has.

ross@rds
21-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Dave its ok i have went into maplins as well they have some good deals mind you not bought anything from them