PDA

View Full Version : what controller & software

atlanticdisco
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi Folks

I am looking at maybe getting a new controller and software.
Currently using a Pioneer MEP7000 with VDJ. The only thing i am not enjoying is the fact that you cant lock a playlist order in VDJ.

Open to suggestions. I love the feel of the MEP so if i could get other software that worked well with this is it would be good.

Thanks folks

Iain

atlanticdisco
18-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyone out there

Excalibur
19-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Well I'm not really the best person to respond to this ( in fact I could be one of the worst :( ) but as for controllers, the current flavour of the month is the Denon MC6000. It's a fine piece of kit, and comes with Traktor. ( of which I have zero experience. ) Most folk use VDJ with it , as far as I know, so not really a lot of help, sorry. :o :(

As to your gripe with VDJ, re playlists, I'm surprised at that, hopefully one of the cognoscenti will give advice on that point.

yourdj
20-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Anyone out there

There are lots out there but its a bit of a nothing post tbh as each controller has a good and
bad point which technically makes all the leading models as good as each other. :)

Best bet it to choose your fave four and get to a showroom that has all of them and spend a few hours fiddling. :p
I personally use a Vestax VCI 300 which is getting old but still is rock solid!

Pinoeeer seem to be leading the way as usual by waiting and then ripping off everyone elses ideas.