PDA

View Full Version : Video capture - convert video to dvd

ppentertainments
05-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Not DJ related but I have loads of family videos I would like to put onto DVD. Preferably using a mac.
Not sure what capture card or software to use.

Any advice ??

Cheers :beer1:

Booche
05-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I use muvee reveal for any videos as i can cutom the the music to image and video but ive only used it on windows but im sure its on Mac its a usefull and easy peice of software, it lets you know if music/pics/video is to long for each other etc

Ie: If your doing a slideshow of images and add music it says that there is 10 images to many or less for the music loaded etc etc etc

Vectis
06-11-2011, 10:30 AM
One of these jobbies
Geniatech iGrabber One Touch Video Grabber For MAC and: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

and built-in iMovie & iDVD is more than adequate. I've done literally hundreds this way.

Use the iGrabber to suck in the video as .mov's, open them directly in iMovie for editing, write them out as MP4's (H.292) and then you can drag & drop them into iDVD as chapters or as titles.

Or, as I do, skip the MP4 step and write them out as Apple TV compatible, stick them on a NAS box and access them directly across the network from Apple TV boxes - no discs required.

DazzyD
06-11-2011, 11:18 PM
I can't recommend anything specifically Mac-based but, for a PC-based solution, then I'd recommend you check out Pinnacle especially the Dazzle which will do exactly what you want, albeit on a PC.

Pinnacle Dazzle (http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/Dazzle+Video+Archiving/Dazzle+Video+Creator+Platinum.htm)

One of these jobbies
Geniatech iGrabber One Touch Video Grabber For MAC and: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geniatech-iGrabber-Grabber-Button-Recording/dp/B002LRMOPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320578871&sr=8-1)

and built-in iMovie & iDVD is more than adequate. I've done literally hundreds this way.

Use the iGrabber to suck in the video as .mov's, open them directly in iMovie for editing, write them out as MP4's (H.292) and then you can drag & drop them into iDVD as chapters or as titles.

Or, as I do, skip the MP4 step and write them out as Apple TV compatible, stick them on a NAS box and access them directly across the network from Apple TV boxes - no discs required.

Bit irrelevant when you read Chris's requirements though, Martin:

Not DJ related but I have loads of family videos I would like to put onto DVD. Preferably using a mac.
Not sure what capture card or software to use.

Any advice ??

Cheers :beer1:

Vectis
06-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Bit irrelevant when you read Chris's requirements though, Martin:

Sorry ... I figured that was covered under

Any advice ??

I shan't bother in future.

DazzyD
07-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Sorry ... I figured that was covered under

I shan't bother in future.

Apologies if I've caused any offence there, Martin. I maybe should have added a smiley. I did type out some extra wording relating to your enduring love of Apple products (as I have done several times in the past) but upon reading it back it wasn't worded very well so I deleted it. The result was a post that wasn't how I'd intended it to be.

:sorry:

Vectis
07-11-2011, 07:18 AM
I maybe should have added a smiley.

Yeah, me too :o

:grouphug:

visualdjmax
07-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I use roxio easy VHS to DVD for MAC. Really easy to use. Comes complete with a USB dongle. Takes RCA video feed and left and right audio. You can then either edit into QuickTime or iMovie. Only about £70 and has helped me with loads of quick fixes.

MAX