PDA

View Full Version : Numark N4

Chris G
28-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Have been driving myself mad the last couple of days trying to decide on which digital controller to buy and had pretty much decided on the Mixtrack Pro until I saw the Numark N4 advertised which fits my requirements much better.

Anyone else planning to buy one?

SC Events
28-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't an N4, but I have recently bought a Mixtrack Pro and I think it's great! For £150 it is perfect for the money and i've used it in all sorts of environments and venues.

If you just want a simple plug and play controller/soundcard, it's spot on!

Disco Therapy
28-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Have been driving myself mad the last couple of days trying to decide on which digital controller to buy and had pretty much decided on the Mixtrack Pro until I saw the Numark N4 advertised which fits my requirements much better.

Anyone else planning to buy one?

I've been the same Chris, can't decide at all.

I saw the NS 4 and asked about it on the Digital DJ Tips website, the guy said it wouldn't stand up to life on the road.

I looked at the Citronic MPX-10 as well, but heard conflicting reports about it.

There seems to be glitches of some description with most controllers.

I really need to get one within the next week though.

Chris G
19-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, have taken the plunge and bought one of these units which I am currently trying to get to grips with.
A question I have though is when you are using the crossfader to move from one track to another would you expect the track to automatically start,
It is not doing this, I am having to press play as I push the slider across.
Any help would be much appreciated,

funkymook
19-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Well, have taken the plunge and bought one of these units which I am currently trying to get to grips with.
A question I have though is when you are using the crossfader to move from one track to another would you expect the track to automatically start,

What software are you using? If it's a feature then it should just be a matter of turning it on (it's nothing to do with the controller, that can only do what the software is capable of).

DazzyD
19-01-2012, 12:48 PM

To be fair, I wouldn't expect it to start the track once you move the slider. I would still expect to have to press the play button.

However, as Funky stated, this would be a feature of the software and not the controller though I don't know what software would do this for you.