PDA

View Full Version : alto ts112pa or ts115pa

chrispeacock
04-12-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.htfr.com/p/401013/alto_truesonic_pro_ts112pa_1000_watt_active_speake rs_with_dsp

http://www.htfr.com/p/401015/alto_truesonic_pro_ts115pa_1000_watt_active_speake rs_with_dsp

i like the look of these and im thinking of selling my yamaha msr 400 for them.

the frequency response on the 15" is pretty good from what i can gather from the specs. very lightweight and 500watt rms

Andy Goodtimes
04-12-2011, 06:29 PM
They look good on paper, both pairs appear fine but obviously it depends on if you are using bins, if not the the 12s might lack a slight bit of bass for use on their own. I would say the 12s if you use bins and the 15s if not.

I would look round a bit though as I'm not totally convinced about the Alto quality, I may be doing them an injustice but the cheaper end of the Alto range isn't that impressive, however, these more up to date and more highly specked ones might be fine. Alot of speakers have also moved on from class D amps now to class H and I.

There are some pretty good deals about on the SRM450s, the RCF 3 series and the new DB range is pretty decent too.

chrispeacock
04-12-2011, 06:47 PM
the new db range does look good. the 602d is what i would probably look at. im not a fan of mackie speakers. i do like the 715a rcf as i have borrowered my dads for a big venue in the past.

i have a powered sub i use but there are a few venues that the yamaha's will do on their own. im swaying towards the 15" and will use a bin if in a big venue

ppentertainments
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
I bought 3 pairs of the 12" to get me through Xmas and definitely need a sub for them. Wishing now I maybe got the 15" instead.

Excalibur
04-12-2011, 08:16 PM
They look good on paper, both pairs appear fine but obviously it depends on if you are using bins, if not the the 12s might lack a slight bit of bass for use on their own. I would say the 12s if you use bins and the 15s if not.
Whatever the badge on the cabs, this is a good general rule to follow. Without subs, 15", with subs 12".

I'm swaying towards the 15" and will use a bin if in a big venue
As long as the 15" cabs are not too unwieldy, that's a viable plan.

Those of us whose cabs are not the most expensive on the market follow the policy of having a pair of each size. It also acts as backup.

chrispeacock
04-12-2011, 09:27 PM
ppentertainments did you get the ts112a or the pro ts112pa

what speakers would you compare them to

ppentertainments
04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
ppentertainments did you get the ts112a or the pro ts112pa

what speakers would you compare them to
ts112a - In all honesty I have not used them for a full gig yet (tuesday will be my first time) just when setting up.

chrispeacock
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
im looking at the pro versions which are 500watt rms 1000watt peak 9kg each 123db

let me know how you get off with yours

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
05-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Im flummoxed!
the current CPC flyer list the Alto Speakers as.....
Active 800 Watt 2-Way 12" / 15" Speakers
Model: TS112A & TS115A
• Integrated mixer with combo 2 XLR/LINE
combo jacks and independent leveling
• Contour switch provides the perfect EQ for
recorded music
Technical Data
Model TS112A TS115A
Power (Max) 800W 800W
Power (RMS) 400W 400W
Frequency Response 52Hz - 18kHz 48Hz - 18kHz
Max SPL 122dB 122dB
Bass Driver 12" 15"
Tweeter 1" 1"
LS0381517 TS112A £179.00 plus vat
LS0381617 TS115A £199.00 ditto

So those must be Crap so whats the HTF versions? as hard to find arent exactly famous for quality gear!
and at £749 theyre a real rip off.
In my opinion Alto is total crap and id keep well away
Cheers

chrispeacock
05-12-2011, 12:20 AM
these are the new pro version which are more powerful and lightweight

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
05-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Sounds Like the OLD VERSIONS are being flogged off!
Beware.

Andy Goodtimes
05-12-2011, 03:04 AM
I never spotted the weight, if 9kg is correct then that's pretty amazing, I have a little pair of RCF710s and thought they were light but even they are 11kg and they're only 10s.

I must admit I do like the Yamaha 400s excepting for them being a bit heavy, I doubt you will get such a smooth sound out of the Altai.

I would be very careful as it gets confusing when a company makes bottom end stuff and some decent stuff as well.

chrispeacock
05-12-2011, 07:18 AM
its awkward because there is no alto dealersnear me. well there are 2 alto dealers but they both havent started to stock their speakers yet

Excalibur
05-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Right lads, as far as I can see, the older models are circa £500 per pair, the newer £900. Also, I reckon the newer one weighs approx 16/17 Kg, as oposed to the 18Kg of the old ones.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/Alto/TRUESONIC_PRO_TS115_Pro

http://www.djdeals.co.uk/prod-details.asp?AID=2962

Chris, according to the date, the title, and the piccies, I'd say Paul got these.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34339&highlight=alto
The search facility is a wonderful thing. Embrace it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Did you hear them at BPM?

I did and they were very very good for a budget cab.

:offtopic:

Could you please answer you PMs. Lack of reply is a little rude...:(

Excalibur
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Did you hear them at BPM?

Did we hear them in the demo section? :confused: My memory is not what it was. :o :o Nothing we heard in there made me want to rush out and buy one.

PS, re Dave's comments, I'd suspect he's inclined to be looking at these from the aspect of setting about one with a screwriver and soldering iron, rather than sound quality.

soundtracker
05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Cheers

In my opinion, your opinion is worthless if you've not heard them! They hold their own against cabs costing a lot, lot more, and that opinion is based on having road tested them properly!:)

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Just my own opinion BUT
as the passives are 100 quid a pop the cabs arent going to be any good!
you can buy a nice looking Skytec speaker and stuff the cab with Beyma drivers BUT it will always be a Skytec....
Think about it
also ive been inside a few ALTO products...Theyre up there with
Soundlab and Prosound in my engineering opinion.
Anyhow good luck its not my money
im only trying to help people not waste cash
lets be nice guys its nearly Xmas!

Cheers

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-12-2011, 11:11 AM
:offtopic:

Could you please answer you PMs. Lack of reply is a little rude...:(

Hello?

I tell you what Dave, I have sent you 2 PMs about the stands and not got any reply. I have also asked you on here about them which you have completely ignored.

Extremely rude.

chrispeacock
05-12-2011, 06:02 PM
soundtracker if you have road tested them what would you compare them to.

which version and size did you use

Cj_The_Dj
05-12-2011, 06:38 PM
There a guy slling them up near me. and there ok. not worth the money if you ask me. W-audio prs15a are better

DJ Davy
24-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Well guys.. I am afraid I have to disagree.. My small pa was in for repair, and, rather than use my large pa for a small function my local shop lent me the 10" version of these and they blew me away! The bass from these small cabs is phenomenal... I would suggest before passing any further comment you go to a dealer and have a listen to these. I went back and bought them and have used them for small venues for up to 75 people and didn't find them wanting. Obviously, not ideal for a 21st but for every other event they are brilliant.

Totally Plucked
25-07-2012, 12:39 PM
J
you can buy a nice looking Skytec speaker and stuff the cab with Beyma drivers BUT it will always be a Skytec....
Think about it

Cheers

I have done...........AND it boils down to a previous debate regarding 'Badge snobbery'.

With comments like that Dave, "you are a Dinosaur mate", just because a manufacturer made crap products, does it mean they will always do so?
Try waking up and look at 'SKODA', how crap were their venture into the mainstream British car industry.

Look at the old Skoda Estelle range and all the Skoda jokes that evolved as a result of that. Where are Skoda now? highly respected by the best of motoring critic's. There are also 100's of other manufacturing examples, even the BIG boys got it wrong at some stage !

So the point I'm trying to make is 'once crap not always crap', I have used many a pair of the Skytec/QRC actives on hire and have performed faultlessly, to a point I sold my Mackie Thumps and replaced with more QRC's!

C'mon Dave move on !! :daft:

djdj
25-07-2012, 12:43 PM
I have a pair of TS115A's, I did compare them to the 'Pro Version' but really didn't hear any difference in overall sound!

minty
25-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I have a pair of TS115A's, I did compare them to the 'Pro Version' but really didn't hear any difference in overall sound!

Seriously thinking of getting some of the 15's,seem to be getting half decent reviews!!

JSideFx
25-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Seriously thinking of getting some of the 15's,seem to be getting half decent reviews!!

Me too these would be my first move to powered speakers

Excalibur
25-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Try waking up and look at 'SKODA', how crap were their venture into the mainstream British car industry.

I fear your analogy with Skoda may not have been the most suitable. I'll give you three guesses what Dave's driving at the moment, and loving. ;) :D

Corabar Steve
25-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I'll give you three guesses what Dave's driving at the moment, and loving. ;) :D
Can't remember, I haven't seen a picture of it for a while :sarc:

CRAZY K
25-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I fear your analogy with Skoda may not have been the most suitable. I'll give you three guesses what Dave's driving at the moment, and loving. ;) :D

I am not able to comment much on active speakers although I did buy a cheap
qtx for my sons Rodeo Bull business and you get what you pay for generally--

However looking through some old receipts I notice my beloved Peavey set up is now 8.5 years old and still banging out the tunes like a good un.

So I guess reliability and cost to repair and in fact availability of parts in future might be a factor to consider--it might sound brilliant on the first gig---what happens after 100 gigs?

I rememeber noting with some surprise Toby was mentioning a set up he had needed I think a new speaker and thought crikey replacing a speaker on a set up like that--shouldnt that last a long time?

Cant rememeber the make but was I believe fairly well respected.

Just a thought.;)

katman
25-07-2012, 06:10 PM

Ah....but... he wouldnt be driving that if Matamp made cars :lol:

JSideFx
26-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Me too these would be my first move to powered speakers
So, Are the 15's a good first move to powered?
I want something that will last a few years and easy to transport
£600 ish budget

Cheers

Totally Plucked
26-07-2012, 01:20 PM

OOps !! :D :D :D :D