PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Feet (t-bar)

Shaun
28-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Anyone recommend a place to get replacement rubber feet/stoppers for my tripods?. I've came across a few suppliers online but I grudge paying up to ten quid delivery on items that are only costing me pennies each to buy.

Thanks in advance

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Anyone recommend a place to get replacement rubber feet/stoppers for my tripods?. I've came across a few suppliers online but I grudge paying up to ten quid delivery on items that are only costing me pennies each to buy.

Thanks in advance

What make are they Shaun?

Shaun
28-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Cheap and nasty. I think they're so far down the food chain that they don't have any branding on them. I've been organising what I'll be needing for the upcoming halloween gigs and I'll be needing to use additional stands...unfortunately the rubber feet are missing off one of the t-bars. They're 35mm in diamater if that's any help?

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2006, 11:33 AM
I would email (dare I say it...) Prolight, as for things like that they do seem fairly helpful.

Shaun
28-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks Daz. I'll give it a go. I just hope they don't have extortianate delivery charges like most of the others :)

*edit: Email sent....now the waiting game begins :beer:

Corabar Entertainment
28-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Alternatively (as you have a bit of time) if you've got a local DJ emporium, why not ask them: they can get prolight (or whoever) to include them in their next delivery and you can go and pick them up - no delivery charge :teeth:

Shaun
28-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I just got a reply from prolight. £2.50 each when they're back in stock. I've seen them for as little as 49p elsewhere. I guess I'll keep hunting for a better deal.

spin mobile disco
30-09-2006, 11:56 PM
You can always use PVC tape wrapped around a piece of rubber matting. If you use black tape and black matt should be almost invisable. And to be honest I dought the punters will notice in the dark anyway. Rubber matting is available from either cheapshops (poundstrecher etc) in the form of car mats or silicon cookware. Easy ti shape and tape shouldnt cost you more than £1 for the matt and the tape together.
And there should be enough left to make lots more in future.