PDA

View Full Version : Cortex Dmix 300

sgevents
10-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi guys wondered if you can help i have a cortex dmix controller and want to update its firmware but when i plug it into my pc nothing happens

do i need software i bought the unit second hand

could anyone shed light on this thankyou

john

Excalibur
10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
As far as I know, connecting it to a PC isn't the way to go. If it's anything like a HDC 1000, you fire it up with no storage devices attached, and can then determine the firmware it's running on. If it needs updating, you insert a memory stick, containing only the update, and away it goes.

I'd download the manual and have a read.

sgevents
10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
The manual i have doesnt tell me but as for the usb stick with firmware file on ... It worked

thankyou

Excalibur
10-12-2011, 08:47 PM
The manual i have doesnt tell me but as for the usb stick with firmware file on ... It worked

thankyou

This is the online one I found.
http://www.cortex-pro.com/upload/DMIX%20300%20FULL%20MANUAL%20ENGLISH.pdf
It seems on first glance to agree with me.

Eski75
14-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Picked this thread up on search and have to say I'm having trouble too. I've placed the firmware update on a usb stick has instructed. Ensured the USB stick is formatted so theres nothing else on it. Put in the machine as instructed and, according the manual, the machine should detect the update automatically. But it doesn't..................:(

www.ceremonyonline.com

katman
14-01-2012, 11:51 PM
I've placed the firmware update on a usb stick has instructed. Ensured the USB stick is formatted so theres nothing else on it. Put in the machine as instructed and, according the manual, the machine should detect the update automatically. But it doesn't..................:(

It may be the memory stick. I tried to update the firmware on my TV and it took three different sticks before I found one that worked.

My wife has a "Cruzier" memory stick and when I put it in my laptop it actually installs as 2 devices.... G: a CD rom drive and H: the actual storage part of the memory stick. My TV doesnt like that becuase it only sees the first part of the stick.

One of the phone systems we supply at work has a USB connector for saving and uploading voicemail messages and that too has problems recognising some memory sticks.

Eski75
15-01-2012, 04:51 PM
It may be the memory stick. I tried to update the firmware on my TV and it took three different sticks before I found one that worked.

Could be.......although the make and model comes up on the display so I assumed it recognised it. Tried ging to file browser but that doesn't work, not that it should because as I say, manual states that it should detect the update automatically?? :confused:

www.ceremonyonline.com

katman
15-01-2012, 06:45 PM
What file system do you have on the stick ?
Check the manual for your cortex as to what file systems it can read.

CRAZY K
15-01-2012, 11:32 PM
What file system do you have on the stick ?
Check the manual for your cortex as to what file systems it can read.

Its not always correct--my 1000 can be used with an Ipod--;)

Even though the manual says no:rolleyes:

after I used Numark software:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ring Cortex help line Telephone 02392 261600 WILL DAVIS

Excalibur
16-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Its not always correct--my 1000 can be used with an Ipod--;)

Even though the manual says no:rolleyes:

after I used Numark software:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ring Cortex help line Telephone 02392 261600 WILL DAVIS

You must have a different manual to mine. There are many references in mine to using the 1000 with an Ipod.

DJ Jules
16-01-2012, 07:38 AM
It might just be that the version of firmware your Dmix has is the same age or newer than the update on the stick. It just sits and doesn't do anything if it doesn't think it needs to update.

Julian

Excalibur
16-01-2012, 08:01 AM
It might just be that the version of firmware your Dmix has is the same age or newer than the update on the stick. It just sits and doesn't do anything if it doesn't think it needs to update.

Julian

Likeliest option, I feel. Does the Dmix tell you which one you're on if you fire it up with no media attached and press the info button? If it does, you can verify this theory.

CRAZY K
16-01-2012, 08:50 PM
You must have a different manual to mine. There are many references in mine to using the 1000 with an Ipod.

Is that a Numark D2 Manual Peter?:D :D :D :D :D :D

The EXPERT at Cortex says you cant do it.

But you can using Numark software---which is cheating of course.:daft:

I suggest again--RING CORTEX.

Excalibur
16-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Is that a Numark D2 Manual Peter?:D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.cortex-pro.com/upload/20110519094027_7828_cortex_hdc1000_om_08_10_06_eng lish.pdf

The EXPERT at Cortex says you cant do it.
Then he doesn't know as much as my tame expert.

I suggest again--RING CORTEX.

And I suggest again checking that you're actually trying to update the firmware, rather than giving it an older or concurrent one.

Eski75
16-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Likeliest option, I feel. Does the Dmix tell you which one you're on if you fire it up with no media attached and press the info button? If it does, you can verify this theory.

It does yes.............and according to that, the firmware available on the cortex website is more recent.

I can't see how it can be the stick as, like I said, I would expect some sort of error message such "cannot read device" when I used it but it tells what the device is fine except when I select that deive (i.e. the usb stick) it goes straight to asking me I want to verify my database rather than detect the firmware.

The machine works fine, I just don't like running with old software.

www.ceremonyonline.com

DJNickyD
07-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Could any of you fine gentlemen provide me with a working download link for the latest cortex dmix-300 firmware please? I have just purchased this unit secondhand and getting a few problems with it that im hoping upgrading the firmware will fix (maybe not too)... Obviously the cortex website is no more, and the gemini website seems to have broken links.

Thanks in advance :)

Pe7e
08-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Obviously the cortex website is no more, and the gemini website seems to have broken links.

Thanks in advance :)

As far as I'm aware Gemini are the only source of the last versions of Cortex software unless you are fortunate enough to find someone who has previously downloaded a copy and still has it lurking on a hard drive somewhere, but as it's around 6 years ago now it's a bit of a long shot. Do you know if the DMIX-600 shares the same software? I very much doubt it does, but I may have a copy of that on a obsolete hard drive lurking in a drawer somewhere. If you're certain it does, I'll have a search for it for you, but I don't want to waste the considerable amount of time it would involve looking for it, if indeed I still have it, which in itself is by no means certain.

DazzyD
08-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Is this what the Cortex Manager 2.0 software is for?

If so, I've shared it here:

Cortex DBSE 2.0 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dgTBlv2r6fUjTyWcXZN1C-kU7j181VKH)

Click my link which will take you to my download page for the software, then click the Download button in the top right. Click "Save File" then save it to your desktop. It's a zipped folder and everything you need is in there, so I'm led to believe (I've never had a Cortex unit myself, I'm just good at finding legacy and discontinued software!) as I've shared this with others here before. The software is copyrighted but it's been abandoned by its manufacturer some years ago so I think we're safe to share it here! ;)

Excalibur
09-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Is this what the Cortex Manager 2.0 software is for?

Err, no. :( That's used to index hard drives. The software we're seeking is machine specific. Young Creature posted up links to the 1000 software recently, but I suspect the Dmix is very different.

ppentertainments
09-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Err, no. :( That's used to index hard drives. The software we're seeking is machine specific. Young Creature posted up links to the 1000 software recently, but I suspect the Dmix is very different.
Yeah it is very different unfortunately.

I've the 1000 software here and should have the DMix but can't seem to find it.

DazzyD
09-11-2018, 03:06 PM

Yeah it is very different unfortunately.

I've the 1000 software here and should have the DMix but can't seem to find it.

Ok, no bother. I found an online manual for the DMIX 300 and it made reference to the DBSE software (which I'm led to believe is a package which also contains device drivers) so I thought it might work. Gemini have removed the page for the product. I'll have a look deeper when I get home!

DazzyD
09-11-2018, 06:31 PM
I was unable to find the software online so I've spoken to Tech Support @ Gemini who have provided me with the relevant stuff. Please PM me with your email and I will send you a link for the software. :)

jazztice
26-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Hi DazzyD,
I need that software, my d-mix 300 has the last firmware version but it doesn't work fine.
Could you send me that link to download, please? thank you so much!

DazzyD
27-12-2018, 01:39 AM
Hi DazzyD,
I need that software, my d-mix 300 has the last firmware version but it doesn't work fine.

Hi Ivan

I've sent you a private message with the link to the update software that Gemini sent me.

Welcome to the forum and, as you're new here, we'd be grateful if you could pop over the Newbies section and introduce yourself there. More info can be found here (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?11711-New-to-the-forum).

ppentertainments
28-12-2018, 02:05 AM
Hi DazzyD,

If it is anything like the HDC-1000 you may find even with the software it doesn't behave as it should. I have had to retire my cortex after many years of use as it isn't working right and I am sure it is software related and not hardware.

jazztice
28-12-2018, 10:45 AM
If it is anything like the HDC-1000 you may find even with the software it doesn't behave as it should. I have had to retire my cortex after many years of use as it isn't working right and I am sure it is software related and not hardware.

It may be true, since I upgraded to the latest firmware version it does not work properly. I will try again during the weekend.

DazzyD
28-12-2018, 02:45 PM

The software update was sent to me by Gemini. Their advisor had told me that it was the latest updated before they discontinued the product. As I've said before, I don't actually have a Cortex system, I was only doing some of the work for our members on here who needed it, helpful chap that I am!!

If it doesn't work, I'll delete it from my online storage account. There's not much point in keeping it if it's of no use to anyone.

jazztice
31-12-2018, 09:02 AM
The software update was sent to me by Gemini. Their advisor had told me that it was the latest updated before they discontinued the product. As I've said before, I don't actually have a Cortex system, I was only doing some of the work for our members on here who needed it, helpful chap that I am!!

If it doesn't work, I'll delete it from my online storage account. There's not much point in keeping it if it's of no use to anyone.

Hello, I've already tried to update the controller with the hdc1000, it was updated perfectly and at the moment everything works fine and faster. This is version 2.5.12 of 2011, curiously I'd installed the v2.5.2 of 2008 that is later and failed from time to time. However, I still have problems with the play / pause button, it doesn't respond, so I have no choice but to disassemble and check it :(

Excalibur
31-12-2018, 09:36 AM
However, I still have problems with the play / pause button, it doesn't respond, so I have no choice but to disassemble and check it :(

That's one reason I stopped using mine. :( They can wear out. Other members on here have replaced them, I know. It's a fiddly task I believe, and the big problem nowadays might be finding new switches. Good luck.

jazztice
31-12-2018, 10:43 AM
That's one reason I stopped using mine. :( They can wear out. Other members on here have replaced them, I know. It's a fiddly task I believe, and the big problem nowadays might be finding new switches. Good luck.

Thank you Excalibur!
I hope so that I can replace it easily, I will pray ;)

ppentertainments
31-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Thank you Excalibur!
I hope so that I can replace it easily, I will pray ;)
Spacebar on the Keyboard works the play/pause if I remember correctly

Deejay lex
02-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Hello, I've already tried to update the controller with the hdc1000, it was updated perfectly and at the moment everything works fine and faster. This is version 2.5.12 of 2011, curiously I'd installed the v2.5.2 of 2008 that is later and failed from time to time. However, I still have problems with the play / pause button, it doesn't respond, so I have no choice but to disassemble and check it :(

Hi DazzyD! Can you send me cortex dmix 300 firmware?
My email is: djlexrj@gmail. Im looking for a long time for this.