PDA

View Full Version : Cortex DMIX 300 Help Please

Eski75
10-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Before I take a hammer to it, I wondered if those in the know might consider the following issues I have: -

Of most frustration is the fact that the machine does not seem to pick up on the whole music library on my IPOD. For example, I scroll through to Arctic Monkeys, I know there are 40 odd tracks by that band on my IPOD and I have 11 to choose from! :mad: I have double checked and checked again and all the tracks on the IPOD are in a compatible format.

Second issue, from time to time I will select a track and despite the track title and other related info is on the display is on the screen it plays something else. Happens infrequently but enough to bother me.

Thirdly and of less importance and maybe just for info really.........the display turns some song titles into codes like EQLG or EFDX rather than the title.

I know I'm in a huge minority using an IPOD to store tracks on so hopefully won't start a "why don't you go Denon" thread............I'd rather just get to the bottom of this problem. Any help really appreciated!

www.ceremonyonline.com

funkymook
10-12-2011, 06:09 PM
For example, I scroll through to Arctic Monkeys, I know there are 40 odd tracks by that band on my IPOD and I have 11 to choose from! :mad: I have double checked and checked again and all the tracks on the IPOD are in a compatible format.

Probably stating the obvious but have you checked spellings? Very easy for 'Arctic' to end up as 'Artic' for example (I've done it!)

CRAZY K
10-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Before I take a hammer to it, I wondered if those in the know might consider the following issues I have: -

Of most frustration is the fact that the machine does not seem to pick up on the whole music library on my IPOD. For example, I scroll through to Arctic Monkeys, I know there are 40 odd tracks by that band on my IPOD and I have 11 to choose from! :mad: I have double checked and checked again and all the tracks on the IPOD are in a compatible format.

Second issue, from time to time I will select a track and despite the track title and other related info is on the display is on the screen it plays something else. Happens infrequently but enough to bother me.

Thirdly and of less importance and maybe just for info really.........the display turns some song titles into codes like EQLG or EFDX rather than the title.

I know I'm in a huge minority using an IPOD to store tracks on so hopefully won't start a "why don't you go Denon" thread............I'd rather just get to the bottom of this problem. Any help really appreciated!

www.ceremonyonline.com

Well I know someone else as well as you and I using an i pod as an HD so
thats 3 ( Well im sort of half way there and have actually bought a Numark D2 just to make sure as they do interface with I pods :D )

Are you sure Cortex is I POD friendly, according to the anorak I spoke to at Cortex---errr nope they are not--and clearly its not liking the interface much.

I managed to get my HDC 1000 to recognise my I pod collection ONCE as a one off interface--and thats it--cant add any new tracks:eek:

However it works perfectly and recognises all tracks no problem.

In my case it may be to do with deleting a database file on the Ipod--im not brave enough to try in case I screw up the ipod completely.

First move ( unless already done) contact Cortex in UK.

02392 261600

See what they say.

As for wrong tracks playing---thats a :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Imagine first or last Dance at a Wedding==no dont!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTH

Excalibur
10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Mate, I can only tell you two things.
1) Bin the ipod. No matter what anyone says, it's a player, not a storage device. Get a desktop drive. With a power supply.*
2) Buy Media Monkey, and check your your entire collection, retagging where necessary.

*Assuming it has a USB socket on the Dmix.
Crazy has had no significant success joining an Ipod to an HDC 1000.I know the Dmix is designed to work with one, but as a fully paid up sceptic, I doin't trust them. Sorry to be a prophet of doom. You may find other advice if you google Dmix problems.

Eski75
10-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Mate, I can only tell you two things.
1) Bin the ipod. No matter what anyone says, it's a player, not a storage device. Get a desktop drive. With a power supply.*
2) Buy Media Monkey, and check your your entire collection, retagging where necessary.

*Assuming it has a USB socket on the Dmix.
Crazy has had no significant success joining an Ipod to an HDC 1000.I know the Dmix is designed to work with one, but as a fully paid up sceptic, I doin't trust them. Sorry to be a prophet of doom. You may find other advice if you google Dmix problems.

Well that's actually quite interesting because just as a mess around I plugged the external hardrive into it that I use to backup my tracks from my PC and whilst I only played around for an hour or so at home found everything I wanted with no drama's.............so you may have a point about the Ipod which would be irritating given the "Made For Ipod" logo's plastered all over the box!

www.ceremonyonline.com

Excalibur
10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Well that's actually quite interesting because just as a mess around I plugged the external hardrive into it that I use to backup my tracks from my PC and whilst I only played around for an hour or so at home found everything I wanted with no drama's.............so you may have a point about the Ipod which would be irritating given the "Made For Ipod" logo's plastered all over the box!

Follow in the footsteps of the Master, and enlightenment in the ways of the Cortex will be yours, Glasshopper. ;) You need only remember the three Golden Rules:
1) Power everything.

2) Power everything.

3) Power everything.