PDA

View Full Version : Are these anygood for backup

gharbud
22-12-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280783461205?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Seen these on the bay, am after a cheap set of actives as backup. anybody had any dealings with these guys. They scream out budget skytec to me. But for the price couldent complain

chrisj
22-12-2011, 04:38 PM
To be honest I would not buy anything from HiFiTower as I did try once and they said it would be with me in 3 days. 7 days later when I enquired why I had m=not received it they said oh er it was/is not in stock. We sold out and are waiting for next delivery. Finally got my money back.
Also as seen on the site peak output of 750W RMS so they are no where near 750w rms as we think of it.

I would keep alook out for Mackies or some RCF's, even Behringer.
Someone on here will probably offer some decent actives to you for backup.

gharbud
22-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Their is some on their from qtx sound, a brand of skytec, but are ment to be their "professional range" so i have heard, these have had some good reviews on youtube, does anyboy on here use these?

yourdj
22-12-2011, 06:49 PM
There are much better more known brands for that price.
Get a second had set of better speakers would be my advice in Jan (clear-out time).

The weight at 21 kg is a bit on the heavy side for my liking tbh too. adds to your fuel bill!
I would personally get higher SPL 10-12 inch as you will hopefully never have to use these and they will be constantly in the way.
Remember to get covers as they will be moved loads depending on your transport.

Thumps seem to be the default choice although the QTX has had good press as per the post above.