PDA

View Full Version : Who IS the bride??

CRAZY K
28-12-2011, 11:48 AM
A remarkable incident ( IMHO) last night at a Scottish Ceilidh Wedding/ Disco.

I received a request to instruct the Scottish Military Two Step as the First Dance with B and G doing a bit, then joined by the two sets of parents and then finally Bridesmaids with Fathers/Partners -- ALL FIFTEEN-- IS THAT A RECORD ON HERE :daft:

Yes FIFTEEN BRIDESMAIDS ;)

Soooo did my usual intro of kissing the Bride, shake the Grooms hand and then proceeded to do the walk and talk through completing the whole of the Dance which worked well--other than most people had the dancing skills and coordination of Mr Bean :daft:

Fiollowed by the usual razamatazz --- round of applause, three cheers for the B and G.

At his time I was thinking the Brides attire looked a little casual for an upmarket De Veres expensive Wedding venue retreat. However go with the flow.:confused:

I noticed the Bride and Groom were dancing apart the rest of the first half.:confused:

After the break before the Disco suddenly a female appeared in a Wedding Dress who was clearly NOT the person who danced with the Groom to start with---ooooops:daft: :daft: :daft: :daft: :daft: :daft:

Then the penny dropped--the person who danced the first Dance with the Groom was NOT THE BRIDE.

I later noticed the real Bride doing a bit of Dancing but it became obvious
she had restricted movement, so they must have made these arrangements in advance--probably told everyone concerned --EXCEPT ME!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah well--it all went swimmingly well and finished with the REAL BRIDE doing the last few dances, Sweet Caroline, New York etc.

Very strange.

Do I now ask---errr will the real Bride and Groom be doing the FIRST DANCE together--so I dont make an incorrect announcement:eek: :eek: :eek:

Out of interest if you get asked to cover Latimer House, near Chesham be aware therre are two flights of 3 stone steps during access and a very long walk to the Function room.

Happy Xmas:D

ultrasound disco
30-12-2011, 02:53 PM
A meeting beforehand usually does well for me. :)
Although going in blind can really be an eye opener.

On the other hand the Bride and groom will look like 2 totally different people in their hitchin' togs.

funkymook
30-12-2011, 04:08 PM
You'd hope any client would think it a good idea to let you know about these things, but it's surprising how many don't unless prompted.

One of my standard questions to the B&G (or any client) is 'is there anything unusual planned I should know about?' I also get the Best Man's number beforehand and ask the same in case they have arranged anything in secret.

Last year I would've been surprised by Cheerleaders, Indian drummers, singer/guitarists, Irish dancers and half a dozen kids doing hits from the musicals if I hadn't of asked.

The Cheerleaders were absolutely brilliant by the way - they did a great routine and then they stayed for at least another 40 minutes encouraging everyone to get dancing, wish every party had them!