PDA

View Full Version : KAM LED PAR KIT

DJForrest
28-12-2011, 01:40 PM
So, i went out yesterday and brought two of these kits:

http://www.htfr.com/p/392019/kam_led_par_kit_led_par_cans_dmx_controller

Firstly, when i got them home, i am quite pleased with the easieness to plug in and go sound-to-light and then the easiness to change to DMX. The cans themselves seem a bit 'cheap' to handle, however the casing looks very professional and the LEDs are really quite bright. The extra bracket is ideal to use for venue uplighting as well as mounting onto a bar. The only downside is if you wanted to use them for uplighting, each kit of four lights plugs into the same dimmer pack, rather than each other, so can not chain without buying serveral kits (but i knew this before buying, so not really affected).
I am quite pleased with the wide range of colours producable on these units and have even managed to get them to strobe white for those more 'drum and bass' songs.
All in all, i'm quite pleased with my buy. Just wondering if anybody else has invested in these and what you think? :)

deltic
28-12-2011, 01:51 PM
i had a set of these found they worked well linked up to the par bar.
a bit awkward in my opinion for uplighting, however you can buy extension leads for the cans which would make them more flexible for uplighting.

DJForrest
28-12-2011, 02:00 PM
i had a set of these found they worked well linked up to the par bar.
a bit awkward in my opinion for uplighting, however you can buy extension leads for the cans which would make them more flexible for uplighting.

Ahh i was trying to look for the extentions leads for them, i don't suppose you know where i could find these? Thanks.

deltic
28-12-2011, 03:56 PM
they are available from kam, but cpc and maplins sell the plugs and sockets if you wanted to make your own.