PDA

View Full Version : PC Gurus - A tough one - Any suggestions please?

Megamix
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Acer One A150 Netbook - Windows XP won't load - just gets to the opening logo and stays there waving its flag - Safe Mode - No good, just ends with driver loaded list:

So far I have tried/done/reset/etc

Flashed BIOS
Chkdsk /R
MBR
deleted partitions and reformatted reinstalled from external CD

(The partition Acer usually has with the O/S for re-install will not work either)

Help It's driving me nuts :daft: - next step RAM change / HD change but wondered if anyone had some inspiration meanwhile.

Creature
03-01-2012, 02:28 PM
you will need to use the restore from the hidden partition on the hard drive.

Its bios & drivers issue - acer patched it but only put on there hidden partition.

If you cant access the hidden partition ( read the manual ) otherwise you will have to contact Acer.

This is a common issue with these acer notepads.

I am not sure but if memory serves me correct when you contact Acer you will need model & serial number details of were n when it was brought. they used to charge for the cd, but dont know if they still do

Creature
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
you might wanna watch this vid ok its for the 110 but should be the same :)

Installing Windows XP on a Netbook Via USB (Acer Aspire One) - YouTube

Megamix
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks Creature - I was hitting Alt F10 and getting the restore but it just didn't work - it loooked like it was about to - but didn't.
The BIOS flashing issue I resolved on a number of these (I look after about 6 of these Acers for my wife's business).
I'm afraid not very enamoured with Acer as they refused to acknowledge the BIOS issue that was all over the web - told me to effectively go away.

Edit - using an external USB CD I can install Windows but it still won't get past the logon flag thingy

Creature
03-01-2012, 02:43 PM
sounds about right for Acer

DazzyD
03-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Slightly off topic (sorry - I can't help with the initial query but) I had a really top notch Acer but now I use HP/Compaq machines. I'm not going to go in to full details but I think that speaks volumes about what I think of Acer as a company!! :(

digga
03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I would consider checking the RAM. If you can, download and burn UBCD and boot from your external CD drive. On it you will find MemTest +86 and various other hardware diagnostic tools. I use it every day for my day job :)

You can get it here: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html