PDA

View Full Version : New DJ controller for Itch - opinions?

yourdj
21-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I have just spotted this.
Looks like denons response to the pioneer:

Looks very nice and simple.

I was looking at changing my set up and it seems I have found it :) :)
I was thinking of getting the smaller rack mountable one but this looks amazing!!
I do like Denon and i have been using a Vestax for far too long. :D

http://www.poweronplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Denon-ITCH-Med.jpg

How much is it :confused:

Paul Thomas Top Banana DJ
21-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't like the cue & play buttons where they are.

Do you know if this has a built in soundcard?

Oh, what's it called?

Supreme Soundz
21-01-2012, 10:40 AM
i dont like the way the decks are handed, they in my opinion should be the same? ive never go on with the denon jog wheels compared to pioneer

katman
21-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I have a fervent dislike of "Play/Pause" buttons. I much prefer having separate "Play" and "Pause" buttons because eventually all buttons start to bounce and pressing "play" twice has no ill effects but on a play pause button it does !!

Mark Wild
21-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I think you'll find this is just a photoshopped image by a Denon DJ forums member. Not real :)

yourdj
21-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I think you'll find this is just a photoshopped image by a Denon DJ forums member. Not real :)

someone else just said that - thats a shame :( :(

Shaun
21-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Pioneer do a Serato Itch version of their DDJ unit.

http://www.pioneer.eu/images/products/djcontrollers/pioneer/ddj-s1-main_gallery.jpg

ianforest
21-01-2012, 02:07 PM
The Pioneer DDJ-S1 is an exceptional product, Toby, it's fantastic.

I sadly had to get rid of mine because I was having audio dropout issues, I think it was the unit but couldn't confirm. When Pioneer sent me an S1 when they first came out for review it was absolutely perfect but the 2nd hand one I got was fine, just had audio dropout problems.

Itch 2.0 is brilliant software.

yourdj
21-01-2012, 05:13 PM
The Pioneer DDJ-S1 is an exceptional product, Toby, it's fantastic.

I sadly had to get rid of mine because I was having audio dropout issues, I think it was the unit but couldn't confirm. When Pioneer sent me an S1 when they first came out for review it was absolutely perfect but the 2nd hand one I got was fine, just had audio dropout problems.

Itch 2.0 is brilliant software.

Two of my main DJ's have one, never really been taken with it tbh :(
I will stick to the vestax or Denon rackmount thing. :)

We did a traktor/itch demo when they came out:

HAMPSHIRE DJ ASSOCIATION MEETING - MOBILE WEDDING DISCO - YouTube

Paul the party DJ (in the background) has one now, I am the odd one out :D

Lest tom and andy still use kraptor control units.

ianforest
21-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I guess controllers are a bit marmite, you use whatever you feel comfortable with.

yourdj
21-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Yep. I do like the compact set up with the vestax tbh.

its so small and light and does everything I want (apart from an extra deck and effects)

I do not need the bells and whistles although on the odd club night it is missed.

I do feel a bit of a plonker for not realising it was a fake :D

ianforest
21-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Hehehe, well, at this time of year (NAMM) all sorts of different things are coming out.

Numarks NS6 controller is quite nice, works great with Itch however...if you have a laptop with a 13" screen (which I think you do) 4 decks takes up almost 100% of the screen leaving no room for you to see the library...it's a bit annoying so bear that in mind.