PDA

View Full Version : 'New Posts' not working

Pink Elephant
01-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

What am I doing wrong please.

When I click on 'New Posts' it says there aren't any all the time, even though if I go into the sections there are loads. :o

Is this because Windows updated my IE to 9? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Neil

djtrev
01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
I get the same thing and it does the same when I click on Quick links

Corabar Entertainment
01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Is this because Windows updated my IE to 9? :rolleyes: Yep... there is a thread on here about it. From memory, it does eventually right itself. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Pink Elephant
01-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Never tried quick links, but I have just done now on 'Today' and that worked!
:daft:

Pink Elephant
01-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I did have a quick search and the outcome is try and downgrade IE9 back to 8!

Stupid auto update....

:pants:

Corabar Entertainment
01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
I did have a quick search and the outcome is try and downgrade IE9 back to 8!

Stupid auto update....

:pants:
:lol:

I found a couple of threads:-

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31475&page=2&highlight=ie9

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36473&highlight=ie9

....but for the life of me, I can't find the one that said it righted itself after a considerable period of time.... although I'm sure someone did post that :confused: :daft: :confused:

Pink Elephant
01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks Angela,

Cleared cache and it is working, but by the sounds of it it may stop again when it wants.

Oh don't you just love computers :banghead:

Corabar Entertainment
01-03-2012, 11:31 AM
:thumbsup:

:agree:

djtrev
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Yes Angela I seem to recall someone saying that it rights itself.
What mine does is every now and then it will work but 99% of the time I get the negative result.

djtrev
01-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Just re-read those links Angela and did as the poster suggested and it worked!!
We will see what happens tomorrow.

Jiggles
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Switch to a real browser then... :p Chrome is what I use and recommend. Websites will just work too. :D

hammy
01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
There was a few of us that said it clears after a while, But it always happens again so I come to MDD via chrome now without a problem

katman
01-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I had IE9 forced upon me the other week and gave up in the end, whilst IE is still my main browser I use Firefox for the forum now.

CRAZY K
01-03-2012, 07:48 PM
I had IE9 forced upon me the other week and gave up in the end, whilst IE is still my main browser I use Firefox for the forum now.

Me too--I have to use Firefox:confused:

IE is :pants:

Pink Elephant
02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
After clearing the cache etc it all worked fine until I turned my back and it stopped again. :mad:

Chrome installed :D

Cheers

Retrodisco
02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Doesn't work properly on iPhone either.

hammy
02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
After clearing the cache etc it all worked fine until I turned my back and it stopped again. :mad:

Chrome installed :D

Cheers

It only last for about 10 mins after clearing the cache, just install chrome.

Excalibur
10-03-2012, 06:50 AM

Despite me resisting it stoically for ages, it appears that in a stealth attack, IE9 was "successfully" installed. :( Now when I use "New Posts" I get the message; "No results. Please try with different terms". Grrrr. :(

katman
10-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Despite me resisting it stoically for ages, it appears that in a stealth attack, IE9 was "successfully" installed. :( Now when I use "New Posts" I get the message; "No results. Please try with different terms". Grrrr. :(

I had specifically marked the IE9 update as NOT to be installed so either Windows just ignored that or it was forced upon us as a "different" update but either way it sucks.

The ONLY good thing about getting IE9 is that Timeline on Facebroke works now. With IE8 it kept jumping back to the top of the page and continued doing that when you went back to your wall unless you forcibly reloaded the page.

Its obviousy something in the forum software that IE9 does not get along with becuase Firefox is having no problems and all the other forums I go on are working fine in IE. Will have to see what delights will be bestowed upon us when IE10 is launched !!!

Excalibur
10-03-2012, 08:19 AM
I had specifically marked the IE9 update as NOT to be installed so either Windows just ignored that or it was forced upon us as a "different" update but either way it sucks.

Well after clearing my cache ( whatever that means :confused: :confused: ) it started working again. How long for, I have no idea. I have to say I really don't like IE9, cos I can't get it set up how I like it. :mad:

katman
10-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Well after clearing my cache ( whatever that means :confused: :confused: ) it started working again. How long for, I have no idea. I have to say I really don't like IE9, cos I can't get it set up how I like it. :mad:

The answer to that is "not long". I cleared the cache several times which fixed it for a while but in the end resigned myself to the fact it wasnt going to work and use Firefox for the forum now.

Shaun
10-03-2012, 12:23 PM

THe same happened to me. I did a system restore back to a few days ago (which got me my old browser back), and turned off windows automatic updates. I'll pick and choose what I want to install in future.

Jiggles
14-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Driving me crazy this! No laptop for a while and only able to access via my phone. With out the new posts the forum is pretty much unusable for me.

discomobiledj
14-04-2012, 07:35 AM
As vBullitin 4 is out now I would be amazed it that didn't sort the issue out. This forum is only using 3.6.2