PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Ots with Denon HD-2500 - Noob Error

DJ Frankie
29-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi Folks

I have been using Ots for many years and only this week decided to purchase the Denon Hd-2500 controller unit.
Last night I hooked up the laptop to the controller by selecting "Midi" option and update Ots software, I also enabled the midi controller within in Ots and the software sees the controller no problem.

So with all the above done I cant seem to control Ots, I asumed it would be all systems go from here but nothing, am I missing something important here hence the reason I have no control? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help

Frankie

Steve the DJ
29-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Did you get the Ots version number and "Be Better" message on the Denon screens when you activated Mid control in Ots?

DJ Frankie
29-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi Steve

No I dont remember seeing that message? All I get on the Denon screen when connected to Ots is "press the source button for 4 seconds to return back the the main screen"
I have read that people have installed Asio drivers, would this be right?

Steve the DJ
29-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Apologies, I was on my phone and thought you meant the 4500 not the 2500, as far as I remember you won't see anything on the 2500 screen relating to Ots.

I have read that people have installed Asio drivers, would this be right?

If you are using the Denon sound card then yes, there is a software disc (can also be downloaded from Denon DJ if you register), which contains the Asio drivers and these should be installed and selected within Ots (http://docs.otslabs.com/OtsAV/help/index.htm#using_otsav/audio_output_features/output_configuration_dialog_box.htm).

Have you selected "Denon HD2500" in Options -> OHM / MIDI Hardware Control -> OHM / MIDI Configuration?

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Although the HD2500 can be used as a midi controller, nothing on the screens work and you only get basic functionality - eg: start, pause. This is with VDJ, so I should imagine that Traktor is the same.

I'm not sure if it can be mapped though.