PDA

View Full Version : Another charity event ( but different)

CRAZY K
13-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Got an unusually positive call today from a Charity who booked my services at the price indicated on my web site for an event being held in September.

This was after asking for full details of what is offered on the night.

The unusual thing is not once did the usual regular tiring questions arise---

Do you give discounts
Can you do it for nothing and get free publicity in a meaningless magazine
Whats your best price

The Caller had read my website, noted the prices and made a decision they liked the proposition.

In addition they said they had already done fund raising and obtained some major sponsorship as well.

Get this--they wanted to hold a "high quality special" event for the benefit of the people the charity supports and wanted to invite and show the sponsors that their money had been spent wisely in securing some good Entertainment for a great evening.

How refreshing.

Jonathan Ford
13-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Alan, April Fools Day was nearly two weeks ago...

CRAZY K
17-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Alan, April Fools Day was nearly two weeks ago...

If I get the deposit and Contract I will reportback:D

Pink Elephant
17-04-2012, 11:43 AM
It is good when a charity organiser sees the light

If they spend to get good entertainment then they can charge more for the night, so still making a profit at the end with the bonus of everyone having a great night to boot. :)

DJ Jules
17-04-2012, 11:50 AM
It is good when a charity organiser sees the light

If they spend to get good entertainment then they can charge more for the night, so still making a profit at the end with the bonus of everyone having a great night to boot. :)

Playing devils advocate - if they got good entertainment for free, then they'd be able to charge more for the night, everyone would have a good time, and the event would make more money to boot. It's really just about the charity finding a known "good entertainer" and persuading them to do it for nothing for a good cause - as finding people who are willing to give something for nothing is the basis for most charitable activities ;)

That all said, it is refreshing to see someone (whether it's a bridge/groom, charity fundraiser, whatever) appreciating the value of our services.

CRAZY K
17-04-2012, 06:39 PM
If I get the deposit and Contract I will reportback:D

Cheque for NRBF and Contract received today.

Just got to make sure the cheque goes through now before smiling:D