PDA

View Full Version : Ots Users with HD-2500 Help!!!

DJ Frankie
13-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Afternoon everyone

I have finally set up my Denon HD-2500 with OtsAv but the issue im having is that the music is only coming out of the one channel on my mixer.
Do i need to use an external sound card with 2500 as I cant seem to split the channels?
I have tried setting the "On Air" cue button in Ots but the track is very muffled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frankie

Steve the DJ
14-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Frankie, you really do need to start reading the manual because every question you have asked has an answer in there! :D

You need to enable "Old School Mode" using the HD2500 as the USB sound card.

You will find full instructions here: Enable Old School Mode (http://docs.otslabs.com/OtsAV/help/index.htm#using_otsav/audio_output_features/old_school_mode.htm)

ianforest
14-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Yup, the OTS manual tells you everything you need to know specifically for the HD2500.

You need ASIO drivers, old school mode, a bit of tinkering with OTS output settings and it will work just fine.

Just read the good book :)

DJ_Wulfman
15-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Assuming you got the latest ASIO drivers installed from Denon, go into Options > Output Configuration and tick "Old School" mode. This will enable you to select channels 1/2 as the "on-air" channels and 3/4 as the cue channels.

That should cure your problem ;) .

DJ Frankie
15-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Sorry guys, I did read the manual regarding Old School mode but didnt realise I had to download the Asio drivers from the Denon website for it to work..Oops ;o)

DJ_Wulfman
16-04-2012, 05:15 PM
A quick heads up Frankie.....If you start to experience lagging issues with OTSAV such as the music stuttering when you search your library or drag & drop tracks into your playlist it will be because of the driver. The newest version of the ASIO driver causes issues so you may need to "roll back" to the older driver in order to correct this.

Hopefully nothing will happen but if it does you now know why. :)

Gary
16-04-2012, 06:54 PM
It's not always best to go for the latest ASIO driver release - but not because of the ASIO driver itself. Which ASIO driver is needed, is dependant on which piece(s) of hardware you're using and which Operating System your lappy is running (or walking) on. Stuttering, lag, dropouts etc are usually down to the wrong combination of Asio driver Vs Operating System - even whether its 32bit or 64bit.

There's a link to the cross-reference table and download links for the various ASIO drivers here - http://www.denondjforums.com/forum/index.php?f=60&t=11486&rb_v=viewtopic If the link isnt allowed (apologies in advance) then mods please leave the rest of the post, but delete the link) and heres a copy of the cross-reference table which was last updated in February this year.

The 2500 does have a 4 channel soundcard so it should run left and right audio from left OTS deck, and left and right audio from a right OTS deck. Typical things to check are what sort of "speakers" the lappy thinks you're connecting to your 2500 soundcard (or any soundcard for that matter) - the Windows options normally include "stereo desktop speakers", "Stereo headphones", "2.1 surround sound", "Quadrophonic" etc... (normally with some uncomfortably large pictures of what each option means thanks Microsoft, I'd have never known what headphones looked like without the diagram :lol:) - You'll need to try each of these, but only the ones that seem to offer four lines of audio (so, quadrophonic, dual stereo etc etc)