PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Search Problems

Dynamic Entertainment
15-05-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm having difficulty getting the search function to find tracks.

For example, i can go into a folder that i know (and can see) has One Direction songs in it, and search of the bands name...and nothing comes up.

This is getting to be an absolute nightmare...any thoughs?

Just to add. Everythings indexed correctly, and was working yesterday.

Vectis
15-05-2012, 03:31 PM
i can go into a folder that i know (and can see) has One Direction songs in it

Have you turned the bad taste filter off? :p :sofa:

... is it just this folder or system-wide? If it's just this folder, are you sure there's no duff characters in the filenames?

Excalibur
15-05-2012, 03:46 PM
What are you searching in? Windows explorer? VDJ? Media Monkey? Is it a tagging issue, or a database one, or have I completely misunderstood?

WWDJ
15-05-2012, 03:47 PM
What are you searching in? Windows explorer? VDJ? Media Monkey? Is it a tagging issue, or a database one, or have I completely misunderstood?

The clue is in the thread title :D

Windows Vista Search Problems

Excalibur
15-05-2012, 03:51 PM
The clue is in the thread title :D

Windows Vista Search Problems

Right. I'll accept that. It's just that I couldn't see how you could get problems lik that, and I thought he was giving the O/S, rather than the specific problem. My mistake, in which case as you'll already have grasped, I have absolutely no idea. I'll keep :zip: now. :o :o :D :D :D

Marc J
15-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Untested so use at your own risk: http://www.askvg.com/fix-windows-search-crashes-fails-to-start-or-doesnt-show-search-results/

Dynamic Entertainment
15-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Right guys...thanks for the replies.

Bit of digging, and apparently Vista and 7 are prone to "forgetting" the search index...so just re-indexed everything and all is now good....for how long i dont know.

Its that much of a problem, that Microshaft actually have a piece of online diagnosis and repair software....