PDA

View Full Version : Help for a couple in Norwich needed

musicologydisco
31-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I have just received the following email from NorfolkWeddingDays.

"Hi Mark

We are looking to help this poor couple out with their wedding this Saturday at Dragon Hall in Norwich. Could you or anyone that you know be able to help them?

The couple have recently paid in full to a local company for the following...

Chair Covers
Photo Booth
Candy Floss Machine

and for some reason this company are refusing to respond to them, I have also received 2 worrying calls about the very same company from Brides stating that this company failed to turn up. Hence to say that they have been removed from Norfolk Wedding Days!

If you or anyone that you know could help this poor couple please could you contact me or Anita Mann at Classic Choice Catering on 01508 470574 or at [email protected]

It goes without saying that understandably they are very upset and concerned that their wedding day is going to be ruined, let`s try and help them have a wedding day that is special and memorable for all the right reasons!

Thank you everyone

Look forward to hearing from you.
Martin"

I'm actually providing the Disco and knew nothing about this. At least I'll be there!

STEVE HANLEY
31-05-2012, 11:51 AM
That's shocking. Hope they manage to sort something.

Vectis
31-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Sad tale, but what planet are these people living on if they let the (potential) lack of chair covers, photo booth and candy floss machine "ruin" their wedding day :confused:

If they'd said that the church had suddenly been boarded up and the vicar had done a runner with the collection then fair enough :o

Sheesh.... :daft:

Charlie Brown
31-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Sad tale, but what planet are these people living on if they let the (potential) lack of chair covers, photo booth and candy floss machine "ruin" their wedding day :confused:

If they'd said that the church had suddenly been boarded up and the vicar had done a runner with the collection then fair enough :o

I'd be :Censored: :Censored: off if I'd spent over a grand with a company and they didn't turn up!

musicologydisco
31-05-2012, 12:09 PM

I also thought "ruined" was a bit over the top too. But it is upsetting when this kind of thing happens. They are a deaf couple too (and so will be many of their guests) so it makes it more of a shame. I understand local press have been told so an opportunity for a "knight in shining armour" to get some valuable publicity!

NKR
31-05-2012, 01:25 PM
I also thought "ruined" was a bit over the top too. But it is upsetting when this kind of thing happens. They are a deaf couple too (and so will be many of their guests) so it makes it more of a shame. I understand local press have been told so an opportunity for a "knight in shining armour" to get some valuable publicity!

At least they will love your disco!

I have been very surprisd by the number of people paying us in full of late. It just worries me and sliding onto a Facebook thread from young Charles.

No I don't spent it! We have a quite sizeable float in the account now to pay cover or refunds should something happen. In fact we have more then enought to cover every booking fee and paid up client we have.

I really hate people who have no sense of right and wrong and could just take peoples money.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-05-2012, 03:11 PM
They are a deaf couple too (and so will be many of their guests) so it makes it more of a shame.

Why? :confused:

Kernow
31-05-2012, 07:48 PM
I would guess that the loss of the more visual & sensory elements such as decoration, texture, & taste would prove more devastating to them ?

musicologydisco
31-05-2012, 07:55 PM

Organising a wedding can be difficult enough without any extra hindrance I would have thought.

DazzyD
31-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I wasn't going to come in to this thread but after the last few comments I thought I'd offer my opinion on this.

When Musicology said "They are a deaf couple too (and so will be many of their guests) so it makes it more of a shame" I kind of winced because the last thing disabled people want is your pity or sympathy. Empathy (understanding), yes, pity (feeling sorry for), no. If you say something like "Oh, you're disabled so that makes things all the worse" to a disabled person they're not going to appreciate that comment at all. I was an Area Equal Opportunities Representative for the Communication Workers Union for a good few years and this is one the things that I learnt. (Actually, a disabled black guy at a conference (about the Human Rights Act) put all the able-bodied folk to shame because, despite having deformed hands and no fingers, he took more written notes than anyone else in the room that day. That showed sheer determination and that he really cared for what he believed in and wanted to learn and that really opened my eyes!)

So, yes, feel sad for them because they've been badly let down on their wedding day. Don't even suggest that it's worse for them because they are disabled. They won't appreciate that at all.

Corabar Entertainment
31-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I wasn't going to come in to this thread but after the last few comments I thought I'd offer my opinion on this.

When Musicology said "They are a deaf couple too (and so will be many of their guests) so it makes it more of a shame" I kind of winced because the last thing disabled people want is your pity or sympathy. Empathy (understanding), yes, pity (feeling sorry for), no. If you say something like "Oh, you're disabled so that makes things all the worse" to a disabled person they're not going to appreciate that comment at all. I was an Area Equal Opportunities Representative for the Communication Workers Union for a good few years and this is one the things that I learnt. (Actually, a disabled black guy at a conference (about the Human Rights Act) put all the able-bodied folk to shame because, despite having deformed hands and no fingers, he took more written notes than anyone else in the room that day. That showed sheer determination and that he really cared for what he believed in and wanted to learn and that really opened my eyes!)

So, yes, feel sad for them because they've been badly let down on their wedding day. Don't even suggest that it's worse for them because they are disabled. They won't appreciate that at all.

:like:

Just like you, I winced when I read that comment too.

woody2
04-06-2012, 01:01 AM

i cant understand why you mention the guys colour or the human rights act, but i guess this is why you are no longer in that post

the comment is clearly wrong, but you will not even get passed a district judge referring to the human rights act. it would take you 3 years and lots of money just to go through the uk system then you can apply to the human rights court

far better to refer to uk law like the Equality act.i appeared before 3 high court judges this week in a case, other party's had QCs, 2 barristers each + solicitors, guess who got a 166 page judgment in there favor:beer1:

musicologydisco
04-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Did the gig and all went well as they got things sorted. The replacement photo booth was incredibly popular so I'm glad someone stepped in at the last moment.

I maybe should have said "more shameful" (from the perpetrator's point of view). I actually did the brides 30th last year and, as they felt I did a "brilliant job", I was entrusted with their wedding entertainment on Saturday. They have absolutely no problem with me at all thank you.