PDA

View Full Version : Exporting tunes to an excel list for DJEP.

Spirits High
21-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm wanting to upload my own music database to DJEP.

After looking around on the DJEP forum it just says export to excel and upload :confused:

Anyone willing to give an "idiots guide" in Laymans terms please

DazzyD
21-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Look in the DJEP Knowledgebase. Search for "export to excel". Or there's a good article under the title "What is the proper format of the music database file?". Try searching for this article. It tells you what programs can create and export your database such as MediaMonkey, MP3Collector (www.collectorz.com) or even iTunes.

Excalibur
21-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Anyone willing to give an "idiots guide" in Laymans terms please

Idiot's guide? Well I'm an idiot, so feel well qualified to give one. :D

Under "File" Media Monkey has a button marked "Create reports " . Click it. That gives "Track list (Excel)". Click it. Simples.

Spirits High
21-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys

This must have been something I'd thought of before as I just downloaded the trial version of collecterz and I already have it and half a database done!

Think my problem last time was that the tags were all around different ways.

I shall go again into battle :D

DazzyD
21-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys

This must have been something I'd thought of before as I just downloaded the trial version of collecterz and I already have it and half a database done!

Think my problem last time was that the tags were all around different ways.

I shall go again into battle :D

I like MP3Collector - it's a really handy utility for scanning your drives and compiling track libraries. However, as you've said, if tags are not quite right then you have some work to do before uploading to DJEP.

It'll all be worth it in the end, though.