PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome Malware warning

Cowlinn
26-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Lately every time I long onto the forum I get a malware warning and "Would you like to proceed?"

Anyone else getting this?

discomobiledj
26-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Just you

DazzyD
26-07-2012, 07:39 PM
No problems with accessing the forum (I use Firefox at home and IE at day job) but I did get infected on Monday with a annoying piece of "ransomware" (malware that hijacks your computer and demands a fee to unlock it). It took me over 5 hours to totally rid my laptop of this annoyance. I'm very computer security aware and my laptop is well protected but no machine is invincible! :(

CRAZY K
26-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Lately every time I long onto the forum I get a malware warning and "Would you like to proceed?"

Anyone else getting this?

I have to use Firefox to access the site---not IE.

Use Firefox if all else fails.

Cowlinn
26-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Just you

How do you know? Have you asked every single member?

Cowlinn
26-07-2012, 09:38 PM
I have to use Firefox to access the site---not IE.

Use Firefox if all else fails.

I'm not using IE

Jiggles
26-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Its to do with people using free smilie sites (Steve :sj:) that at some point has hosted some malware and its had a knock on affect to this site. Although I haven't had a problem (yet). Google Chrome.

marting
26-07-2012, 09:42 PM
had one earlier when i clicked more on the smilies link still doing it using AVG free edition 2012

Cowlinn
26-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Its to do with people using free smilie sites (Steve :sj:) that at some point has hosted some malware and its had a knock on affect to this site. Although I haven't had a problem (yet). Google Chrome.

Ahh I see, thanks for clearing up. For the record I'm using Chrome.

Corabar Steve
27-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Ahh I see, thanks for clearing up. For the record I'm using Chrome.
Hence the thread title, which I'm guessing a couple of people didn't read propperly. :sj:

We think it's down to the smilies, balthough nothing confirmed as yet they do seem the strongest contender.

Mark Wild
27-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Hence the thread title, which I'm guessing a couple of people didn't read propperly. :sj:

We think it's down to the smilies, balthough nothing confirmed as yet they do seem the strongest contender.

I'm getting the warning now when I select 'more' on the smilies.

Excalibur
27-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Nor type. :p

And since the initial thread title was a "Maleware" warning until I corrected the typo, heaven only knows what less than decorous attempts at humour might have appeared had it been left in the original form. :eek:

( Guess I'd better brace myself for the inevitable flak I shall doubtless cop for my own next inadvertent slip of the keyboard. :D :D )

Cowlinn
27-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Nor type. :p

And since the initial thread title was a "Maleware" warning until I corrected the typo, heaven only knows what less than decorous attempts at humour might have appeared had it been left in the original form. :eek:

( Guess I'd better brace myself for the inevitable flak I shall doubtless cop for my own next inadvertent slip of the keyboard. :D :D )

Haha! :D Oopps!!

Totally Plucked
28-07-2012, 05:59 PM
No prob's here with Chrome!

CRAZY K
29-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm not using IE

I was suggesting a commonly used browser wont work--Chrome as well.

Try Firefox which I suggested.;)

Dynamic Entertainment
03-08-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm getting the warning now when I select 'more' on the smilies.

Same here....all to do with Planet Smilie