PDA

View Full Version : First Dance - but weeks after the wedding!

funkymook
10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
My B&G got married in Vegas a few weeks ago - got a wedding party tomorrow night for them.

They've got a 'first dance' song (Wolfman - For Lovers, great tune) but I've just thought - is there's any other way of announcing it other than their first dance seeing as they were actually married weeks ago and it seems a bit strange so long after the event? I didn't think of asking them if they had a preference when I met them and I'm sitting here thinking of how else to introduce it.

I'm thinking of keeping it simple with something like 'Please welcome Mr and Mrs .... to the dance floor'

I'll ask them tomorrow anyway, but if anyone has any other ideas I can suggest that would be really helpful.

Corabar Steve
11-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Bride & Groom's first dance of the night?

funkymook
12-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Problem solved - they had an Elvis act and they asked him to do it, he was excellent and stayed in character as he was getting everybody around the dancefloor.

As it was pretty much like a wedding reception with wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, cake cutting, speeches etc. announcing it as the first dance didn't seem out of place in the end.

sweetie
12-08-2012, 08:22 PM
lovely song! glad it worked out

funkymook
12-08-2012, 09:33 PM
lovely song! glad it worked out

I tried to convince them that Amazed is a proper First Dance song but they weren't having it!

Excalibur
12-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I tried to convince them at Amazed is a proper First Dance song but they weren't having it!

It's such a proper first dance song, it appears to be de rigeur. :( I'm considering banning it! ( And I love Lonestar )

spin mobile disco
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Lonestar was my first dance at my own first marriage so tend to prefer not to play it these days. But did used to love the song.
And I know its after the event but would have gone wit hannouncing it as first dance anyway for tradition sake.

mattydj50
14-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Bloody Amazed! I tell them everyone has that and they sometimes change it!!

PureWeddingDJs
11-10-2012, 01:01 PM
My sisters getting married in vegas next month and im doing the party when they get back (free) I was thinking of dressing as elvis for a laugh.:p