PDA

View Full Version : Changing language of spellchecker in Word.

Excalibur
16-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I used the grammar and spelling checker in a Word 2003 document today, mainly because it was flagging up a word as being wrong. Neighbour. It was happy however with Neighbor. Yes folks, I've got an US spellchecker. :mad:

I googled how to change it, and did so from the start menu and office tools. Sadly, it refused to come acrss the pond, and resolutely insists on using the American spellings. Help please. Pretty please?

DazzyD
16-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Why not just spellcheck the word and when it comes up as being wrong just add it to the dictionary for future use?

Excalibur
16-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Why not just spellcheck the word and when it comes up as being wrong just add it to the dictionary for future use?

How can I put this politely? Stuff that for a game of soldiers! ;) :D

djeddie
16-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Do you have the original Office install discs?
If so, you can install the language packs from them. If not, Microsoft (for some great reason*) no longer have language packs for anything prior to Office 2010 available. But you should be able to get them from anyone that's got Office 2003.

Sorry I can't be anymore help than that, but I haven't used or installed Office in years. I switched over to Open Office instead.

* please read that as sarcastically as possible!

CRAZY K
16-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I used the grammar and spelling checker in a Word 2003 document today, mainly because it was flagging up a word as being wrong. Neighbour. It was happy however with Neighbor. Yes folks, I've got an US spellchecker. :mad:

I googled how to change it, and did so from the start menu and office tools. Sadly, it refused to come acrss the pond, and resolutely insists on using the American spellings. Help please. Pretty please?

Peter, I cant believe a man of your education and academic background plus super intelligence NEEDS a spellchecker.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Surely you did pass English Language at O level making spellcheckers redundant for many of us.

Spellcheckerless and Confused of Northamptonshire
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Charlie Brown
16-08-2012, 08:26 PM
If you ring me tomorrow, I'll tell you what to do.