PDA

View Full Version : New generation of HD Controllers

soundtracker
17-08-2012, 01:47 PM
What's available on the market at the moment to replace Cortex/D2/HD 2500, looking to control a hard drive rather than have to buy a lap-top software etc.:)

Corabar Steve
17-08-2012, 03:03 PM
There was rumour of a HD2500 mkII, but that hasn't materialised yet.

Excalibur
17-08-2012, 03:34 PM
There was rumour of a HD2500 mkII, but that hasn't materialised yet.

Good heavens! I know you're closer to the source than I am, but I'd have said that although Denon were the likeliest to bring out something new along those lines, that possibility was still very very remote.

Pete, I reckon you're going to have to bite the bullet, and join the ranks of us Laptop DJ's. Come on in, the water's lovely. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Leisures_and_Sports/swimming-pool-014.gif

Gary
20-09-2012, 07:21 AM
yet.

That's a lovely word. I like it a lot.

This year, there has just been the release in the last week or two of the Denon DN-D4500 mk2. Rather that a media player, It's more a bombproof/bulletproof rackmount 19inch dual CD-deck with 3 USB ports (one on the controller, one on the front of the drawer units and one on the back) for hard drives, pen drives, thumb drives and, of course those CDs that brides and birthday girls and boys hand you, or the CDs you play yourself after someone's tipped a beer over your external hard drives.

It could be the ideal thing for some users, especially those who'd rather not have a lappy as their central brain of music playback (a concern of some DJs, already addressed by Denon "Engine" software but currently no 19" rack mount players are compatible with "Engine")

...currently.

Excalibur
20-09-2012, 08:10 AM
with 3 USB ports (one on the controller, one on the front of the drawer units and one on the back) for hard drives, pen drives, thumb drives and, of course those CDs that brides and birthday girls and boys hand you, or the CDs you play yourself after someone's tipped a beer over your external hard drives.

It could be the ideal thing for some users, especially those who'd rather not have a lappy as their central brain of music playback (a concern of some DJs, already addressed by Denon "Engine" software but currently no 19" rack mount players are compatible with "Engine")

Hmm. Now which other piece of kit answering that description do we know*? ( OK, so one of the CD drawers is in fact a Hard Drive caddy, but that's even better )
Nice to see Denon eventually nearly catching up with the rest of the field there, it's only taken them five years to get their controllers to work with what Cortex and Numark have no problems with.

*Here's a big clue. (http://www.djkit.com/numark/numark-dds-dvd-drive-80gb-hard-disk-module-keyboard.html)

Gary, you build a four channel laptop controller with two mic inputs like the MC6000, bolt a hard drive controller on the back, take off all the bells and whistles, and watch 'em fly out of the door. Put me down for the first one.

djdj
20-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I think denon missed a trick not includind a USB slot on the MC6000!!!:zip:

Shaun
20-09-2012, 12:03 PM
That's a lovely word. I like it a lot.

This year, there has just been the release in the last week or two of the Denon DN-D4500 mk2. Rather that a media player, It's more a bombproof/bulletproof rackmount 19inch dual CD-deck with 3 USB ports (one on the controller, one on the front of the drawer units and one on the back) for hard drives, pen drives, thumb drives and, of course those CDs that brides and birthday girls and boys hand you, or the CDs you play yourself after someone's tipped a beer over your external hard drives.

...currently.

Interesting, but as a DJ that has fully moved away from CD, or offering the facility to play CDs this is definitely a huge step backwards. I do hope that Denon release another standalone media player such as a hd2500 mk2. I neither want to go down the route of adding cd drawers or having to go the laptop route. Having been tempted down the digital route by Denon with their HD250 I now feel like I've been left in limbo with no future products to suit my requirements.

Gary
20-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Hmm. Now which other piece of kit answering that description do we know*?

You and a D2/DDS-80 need to get a room. In the meantime, heres three more opportunities for you to recall the D2:

1) A Passing squirrel (ah yes...about the same height (when asleep) as a d2, you might say)
2) Clouds (that one up there looks just like a d2, you might say)
3) The angle created by a knife and fork not put perfectly together on the empty plate at the end of a meal. (reminds me of the d2 too, you might say)

Heres 3 more for you, off you go...Yoghurt, Asbestos, Pedal Bin Liners.....I'm sure there's a D2 colaboration with each - and you're possibly the only person to be able to find them.

Heres a link that you and a d2 might find useful [URL="http://http://www.getaroom.com/?ce_cid=00ev6x6EXVo51vGYTs5HJkv7.p000000&utm_campaign=Affiliate&utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=adsmarket.com"[/URL]

take off all the bells and whistles
Now theres an interesting thing - some peoples bells and whistles (The "I'll never use those features, so why should I pay for them" items, generally tend to be someone elses "Must have; essentials. Cant buy it unless its got them") Some of the features that you've mentioned would put you first in the queue would certainly be classed by -some- others as "never use, why pay for those whistles and bells"

I'm sure that many would recognise the same dilema in other (non-DJ) product ranges too - its certainly not exclusive to DJ equipment - one solution is for a manufacturer to bring out different models. Each model catering for a particular group of like-minded, same feature-requiring consumers...that model does what that group needs it to do, is very well built, but doesnt do feature C, E, M,N, or L. A unit that ticks everybodies box at the same time just doesnt exist - yes, of course a unit could be made that included all features from A-Z but it could then fall over at the pricing stage. Eg: Does everything but...its £4000 compared to £600

I think denon missed a trick not includind a USB slot on the MC6000!!!:zip:

It's got a usb slot - but i suspect that you meant that it should have a way of playing back MP3/wav files without a lappy plugged in... so I wont leave you with the "It's got a USB slot" answer... The fuller answer might be that for a device to be really useful in playing back tunes from a USB device/pen drive/hard drive, there needs to be a display, so you can see what tracks you've got, and what tracks you're choosing etc - and the MC6000, being primarily a midi controller (with a true audio mixer) would nearly always have been connected to a lappy and DJ software, so has no display. I'd certainly agree with anyone who suggested that theres a number of individuals who dont want a lappy acting as the brain of their music playback solution though - as well as a number who are happy with a lappy.

in limbo with no future products to suit my requirements.

Its fairer to say (perhaps) that there may be no current products which suit your requirements. And yes, I totally understand your situation of not wanting to go into what some see as a playback route that they dont want to dabble with eg: Lappy, optimising etc.

Now in terms of the DN-D4500 Mk2...it is exactly that - its the mk2 of the workhorse that was, and for many still is, the DN-D4500 dual CD deck, its not intended as a/the/any DN-HD2500 Mk2.

Shaun
20-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Its fairer to say (perhaps) that there may be no current products which suit your requirements. .

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the future then.

I've often wondered why Denon discontinued the HD2500. From the various forums (both here in the UK and in the US) it appeared to be very popular with the mobile DJs.

funkymook
20-09-2012, 02:53 PM
You and a D2/DDS-80 need to get a room. In the meantime, heres three more opportunities for you to recall the D2:

1) A Passing squirrel (ah yes...about the same height (when asleep) as a d2, you might say)
2) Clouds (that one up there looks just like a d2, you might say)
3) The angle created by a knife and fork not put perfectly together on the empty plate at the end of a meal. (reminds me of the d2 too, you might say)

Heres 3 more for you, off you go...Yoghurt, Asbestos, Pedal Bin Liners.....I'm sure there's a D2 colaboration with each - and you're possibly the only person to be able to find them.

Heres a link that you and a d2 might find useful [URL="http://http://www.getaroom.com/?ce_cid=00ev6x6EXVo51vGYTs5HJkv7.p000000&utm_campaign=Affiliate&utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=adsmarket.com"[/URL]

That level of sarcasm is usually best tempered with a smiley or two :), unless of course you wished to come across the way you did :muppet:

Gary
20-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes, indeed I was trying to add smilies (from the right of the page - in fact a smily and a beer keg but I couldn't touch them, cut'n'paste them or double touch/click them ( from safari browser) -

Rest assured - as most who have bumped into me in person would hopefully acknowledge, I say most things with a smile - and that's how that post was intended.

One last try :smiley: :happy: :lol:

funkymook
20-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Yes, indeed I was trying to add smilies (from the right of the page - in fact a smily and a beer keg but I couldn't touch them, cut'n'paste them or double touch/click them ( from safari browser) -

Rest assured - as most who have bumped into me in person would hopefully acknowledge, I say most things with a smile - and that's how that post was intended.

:approve: :beer1::beer1::beer1:

Shaun
20-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Peter (excalibur) mentioned the same thing earlier. The smilies are working fine for me on IE9 though. Anyone else experiencing any issues with the smilies?

Gary
20-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Peter (excalibur) mentioned the same thing earlier. The smilies are working fine for me on IE9 though. Anyone else experiencing any issues with the smilies?

Those last three smiley attempts that I did above were just me typing a colon then guessing at standard smiley names then adding another colon after eg: :justlikethis:

Excalibur
20-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Coincidence!!!:eek::eek:I contacted Shaun this morning with exactly the same problem, in IE9. How strange.

Conversely, I'm a beligerent, uncouth, bad tempered pain in the bottom, in person! ;);)

Hooray. :clap::jumping:

Corabar Steve
21-09-2012, 08:35 AM
:offtopic:

Excalibur
21-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the future then.

I've often wondered why Denon discontinued the HD2500. From the various forums (both here in the UK and in the US) it appeared to be very popular with the mobile DJs.

Ahem. Replace the word highlighted with the collective term some and I won't argue. It was not greeted with universal approbation, Shaun. ;)

:offtopic:
Apologies. :o:o

I find it distressing, somewhat surprising, and more than a little annoying, that as Shaun has said, DJs using Hard Drive Controllrs appear to be the "Forgotten Tribe". We're overrun with laptop controllers, from the basic £50 DJ2GO, up to the five or six hundreds of pounds plus offerings from Denon and Pioneer, to name but two. CD based systems are still coming out, ( I had a look at a Gemini one which appears to be very similar to what Gary has described the Denon offering as. It was virtually useless for anyone wanting to use it as an HDC. ) but those of us wishing to continue to use a next generation of HDC have been basically ignored/forgotten. Blimey, but now they're tried and tested, we all have suggestions for improvements to the concept. I remember doing that on here once, I'm sure.

DJ Jules
21-09-2012, 11:10 AM
....but those of us wishing to continue to use a next generation of HDC have been basically ignored/forgotten. Blimey, but now they're tried and tested, we all have suggestions for improvements to the concept. I remember doing that on here once, I'm sure.

Products on release now fall into one of a few categories:

1. Basic 19" CD decks
2. Basic USB/SD card players
3. Basic table top controllers
4. High end table top controllers which tend to include functionality for USB sticks or to act as a HDC (see Denon DNS3700's for example which have been around for years)
5. Basic MIDI controllers (DJ2Go)
6. High end MIDI controllers (MC6000, Mixtrack Pro, Ergo, etc)

And then there's one or two high end 19" rack mounted controller products which offer a limited combination of CD and USB connectivity and a handful of multifunction products which do a bit of everything CD/MIDI/HDC (Numark MixDeck)

The gap in the list above is - as you rightly say - High end 19" USB/SD/HDC players. I think the assumption by the manufacturers is that if you're going to go for high end controller gear, then it's basically a laptop in a box and you're more likely to buy a laptop/desktop and a MIDI controller of some kind plus the software of your choice. I also have a suspicion that the manufacturers have to invest heavily to build a custom chunk of software for the controllers to make it half as good as the software you'd get on a laptop/desktop and they don't think that they're going to get a return.

Personally, I originally started off aiming to use VirtualDJ and abandoned it because of issues with hardware/software/controller stability. After a couple of years of using a Cortex I was forced to use a laptop/VirtualDJ again for a period and after I went back to the Cortex, I found it incredibly limiting compared to all the features and visibility that I got from a full laptop and software solution.

I guess the question is, if you want a high end HD controller - why not use a laptop?

Julian

ianforest
21-09-2012, 11:23 AM
I guess the question is, if you want a high end HD controller - why not use a laptop?

Why should you?

The idea behind having a HD controller is that you DON'T have to use a computer at all, other than to put songs on the hard drive.

The problem is that it is almost impossible to create a modestly sized unit, perfect for mobile DJ's...with a big enough screen to make navigation of thousands of tracks easy. Big screen and small form factor just don't go together. The trade off then is for you to use a laptop as the library management, in the same style as Pioneer's "Rekordbox" and Denon's "Engine" tool. You're not relying on the computer so much, just using it for the library but unfortunately if the laptop crashed then your library would go with it.

Denon got it right I think with the HD2500 and the 5500...the screen was easily usable (I used one for around 18 months) but was still too small for some folk.

The new crop of controllers that are coming out at the moment are directly aimed at those who only have around 100 songs, navigation of such a small number is easily achieved on a small display.

Excalibur
21-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Julian

I now do, for two reasons, one of which you gave above. A laptop is way more powerful than an HDC. Bigger screen, faster and more comprehensive search, etc etc. Secondly, the bargain basement controller I daren't mention any more :D:D gave me the two play buttons that were the biggest hindrance to me using a laptop. Many DJs though still don't want to use a laptop, for many perfectly valid reasons ( to them )

You're right though, Julian, there's a gaping great hole in the market for a new high spec HDC, especially if it were built into a four channel mixer, and had enough buttons to act as a MIDI controller as well if desired. Where's Nigel when you need him? :D:D:D

DJ Jules
21-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Why should you? The idea behind having a HD controller is that you DON'T have to use a computer at all, other than to put songs on the hard drive.

The problem is that it is almost impossible to create a modestly sized unit, perfect for mobile DJ's...with a big enough screen to make navigation of thousands of tracks easy. Big screen and small form factor just don't go together. The trade off then is for you to use a laptop as the library management, in the same style as Pioneer's "Rekordbox" and Denon's "Engine" tool. You're not relying on the computer so much, just using it for the library but unfortunately if the laptop crashed then your library would go with it.

If you accept that it's impossible to work from anything beyond a basic playlist on a small form unit then it sets the stage for their to be only three classes of unit - either compact SD/USB players which work from small devices or full featured machines with large screens which cost a bomb, or full featured machines with large screens (laptops) with a separate controller.

Denon got it right I think with the HD2500 and the 5500...the screen was easily usable (I used one for around 18 months) but was still too small for some folk.

I spent a LOT of time looking at alternatives to the Cortex which fit my criteria, namely:

* Compact, light, all in one form
* Able to read > 18,000 tracks from a hard drive
* With a screen/interface that allows for quick access to any track on the fly
* Stable and reliable
* Cost less than a laptop and controller combination

I struggled finding a controller which did all of the above. I used the Denon DN-S1200's for a short while with a keyboard which basically meant they did the same as a HD2500, albeit on a smaller screen, and I found the search functions painful to use compared to the Cortex. But then the Cortex had more reliability issues than my current laptop set up!

Gemini now do some touch screen table top players which can work with a hard disk and be linked, and obviously pioneer do the CDJ900's and CDJ2000's which do a similar thing - but they're so much money it's far cheaper to buy a laptop and a controller and you get a much more usable device.

For £300 - £600 (the original price tags of the Cortex and HD2500 units and the rough price of a mid-range laptop and a entry level controller/sound card) you don't get much!

Julian

ianforest
21-09-2012, 12:35 PM
I really don't think cost should be an issue.

If you want a product...and it matches ALL of your requirements...then you should buy it, certainly as a 3yr investment. Even something costing £1,200 would only cost £6.70 per gig (assuming a minimum of 60 gigs per year over 3 years). £6.70 is cheap as chips. If you can't look beyond the initial capital investment then you'll be waiting a long long time for the right controller to come along at the price you want it to be it's not gonna happen.

If Denon brought out a 19" rackmount MIDI controller, with a full 4-channel matrix analog mixer with a pair of decent microphone inputs but with little screens like the HC4500 and USB pen drive/HDD/iPod connectivity together with support for most major label software such as Serato Intro/Traktor/VDJ...and it cost £1,500.00 - I would hand over my cash straight away. They've probably got something lined up like this already stacked up Jenga style in a warehouse somewhere for about £800.00 ready for launch at BPM.

Excalibur
21-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I really don't think cost should be an issue.
If Denon brought out a 19" rackmount MIDI controller, with a full 4-channel matrix analog mixer with a pair of decent microphone inputs but with little screens like the HC4500 and USB pen drive/HDD/iPod connectivity together with support for most major label software such as Serato Intro/Traktor/VDJ...and it cost £1,500.00 - I would hand over my cash straight away.
At that price, they'd have to use a winch to get the pennies out of my hands, :D:D but you're right Ian. The problem is, we're not being offered one at any price. I'm sure there are many many DJs who simply don't want to be forced to use a laptop.

They've probably got something lined up like this already stacked up Jenga style in a warehouse somewhere for about £800.00 ready for launch at BPM.
Let us hope so. For the record, I'm not holding my breath. ;);)

ianforest
21-09-2012, 12:46 PM
At that price, they'd have to use a winch to get the pennies out of my hands,
A tight Yorkshireman? Never! I don't believe it!

:D:D but you're right Ian. The problem is, we're not being offered one at any price. I'm sure there are many many DJs who simply don't want to be forced to use a laptop.
I'd rather not use one myself...but there's no better alternative at the minute.

Let us hope so. For the record, I'm not holding my breath. ;);)
Well next week will be the telling time, that's when the teaser vids will start hitting youtube.

DJ Jules
21-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I really don't think cost should be an issue. If you want a product...and it matches ALL of your requirements...then you should buy it, certainly as a 3yr investment.

I agree, but I will still look at the most cost effective way to get all of my requirements. If I'm faced with a choice of two products and they perform the same functions with the same build quality, but one is cheaper, then I will obviously go for the cheapest. For me, that means buying a laptop and a controller over a dedicated HDC.

There also has to be a bit of common sense applied here. If it's a choice between £700 for a laptop and MIDI controller, or almost £4k for a pair of CDJ2000's then other factors have to start coming in, like, are my customers going to even notice the difference? Is that additional £3.3k spend going to earn me any additional income? If not, then I'm certainly more prepared to compromise on one or more of my requirements.

Even something costing £1,200 would only cost £6.70 per gig (assuming a minimum of 60 gigs per year over 3 years).

That's a very good way of looking at capital investment - certainly what I did when I paid £1800 for the RCF's - something my customers have commented on :D

At that price, they'd have to use a winch to get the pennies out of my hands, :D:D but you're right Ian. The problem is, we're not being offered one at any price. I'm sure there are many many DJs who simply don't want to be forced to use a laptop.

Putting my techy hat on for a minute (and playing devils advocate :devil:) - a high end HDC is a low power computer running a stripped down version of Linux (or possibly embedded Windows, but it's rare) with dedicated built in hardware, controller and sound card. Why not buy a OODJ laptop instead? It's basically the same thing with a bigger screen, better software and more flexibility? :D Failing that, the homebrew approach could be to install Linux onto a laptop yourself....?

Is the attraction of a HDC simply the short set up time and "one box" approach? Admittedly this is the one thing I do miss about the Cortex - I could roll up with a single flight case, plug it into the mains and speakers and that was it :D

Julian

Corabar Steve
21-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Why should you?

The idea behind having a HD controller is that you DON'T have to use a computer at all, other than to put songs on the hard drive.

Indeed, & if like me & Shaun (I believe) you use a 2' Ultimax & 19" rack the addition of a laptop to the equation is not only another thing to house somewhere, but impossible to accommodate

Shaun
21-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Indeed, & if like me & Shaun (I believe) you use a 2' Ultimax & 19" rack the addition of a laptop to the equation is not only another thing to house somewhere, but impossible to accommodate

Exactly!

STEVE HANLEY
21-09-2012, 02:14 PM
When Mary and I are both out doing seperate parties. (Which has been a lot recently) She takes the flightcased D2 and mixer (She can't even switch a laptop on I kid you not:D) and I take the flightcased Cortex and mixer. Now I don't even switch the Cortex on as I hate it and just plug my laptop straight into the mixer and go VDJ all night using the mouse pad on the laptop

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-09-2012, 02:34 PM

Well it isn't really impossible is it - you can get laptop stands and arms that attach to the Micromax. I have one.

Excalibur
21-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Exactly!

Nothing's impossible lads, nothing's impossible. ;);););) Especially when you have a mig welder. Photographic evidence will be provided when I think it's fit for the road. No Giraffes were harmed during the construction of the edifice. It just needs some wheels and perhaps Son of Chobham, and all will be revealed.

Now I don't even switch the Cortex on as I hate it and just plug my laptop straight into the mixer and go VDJ all night using the mouse pad on the laptop

Wash your mouth out with soap that man!! :mad::mad: I sold a D2 and went back to a Cortex, partly because I preferred it, and partly because it saved 1U in the rack ( which at that time was vital )

Corabar Steve
21-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Well it isn't really impossible is it - you can get laptop stands and arms that attach to the Micromax. I have one.
Clutter dear boy, clutter. What is the point of having a booth to hide all your equipment & then having an appendage poking out off of your stand with a laptop hanging in mid air? Sure as hell doesn't appeal to my aesthetic sensibilities.

We do as much as we can to keep clean lines & avoid clutter, adding a laptop arm would just be ugly.

Everything matters.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Clutter dear boy, clutter. What is the point of having a booth to hide all your equipment & then having an appendage poking out off of your stand with a laptop hanging in mid air? Sure as hell doesn't appeal to my aesthetic sensibilities.

We do as much as we can to keep clean lines & avoid clutter, adding a laptop arm would just be ugly.

Everything matters.

As i said then, not really impossible is it, regardless of where it is.

Excalibur
21-09-2012, 03:25 PM
& then having an appendage poking out off of your stand .
Heaven forfend!! :eek::eek::eek:Perish the thought. There we are in agreement Steve. With my st5and, none of my appendages are in view at any time. Decorum in all things.

Corabar Steve
21-09-2012, 03:35 PM
As i said then, not really impossible is it, regardless of where it is.

Impossible to add in an aesthetically pleasing & tidy, presentable fashion then:p

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Impossible to add in an aesthetically pleasing & tidy, presentable fashion then:p

Well....used on the side, you can't see it from the front. :D

Corabar Steve
22-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Where on the side would that be exatly? The mixer is about 3" below the top of the booth & the booth itself is only 2" wider either side than the stand. :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Where on the side would that be exatly? The mixer is about 3" below the top of the booth & the booth itself is only 2" wider either side than the stand. :confused:

It attaches to the side and swivels round and you can't see it from the front. Trust me Steve, I have used it like this on several occasions.

ianforest
23-09-2012, 12:44 AM

funkymook
23-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I use a Micromax and my Ultimax shelf either sticks out at the side or if swung around, blocks the main shelf. both defeating the object.

It'd be handy to have the extra shelf but I can't work out where it'd go, so a picture would be good.

Excalibur
23-09-2012, 05:16 PM
As soon as the finished half Giraffe and its ancillary accoutrements are off the top secret list, I will post pictures with almost indecent haste. At the moment, the prototype has only been used at a few selected venues, amidst tight security.

Corabar Steve
24-09-2012, 06:22 AM
It attaches to the side and swivels round and you can't see it from the front. Trust me Steve, I have used it like this on several occasions.
This has me intrigued. Where between the stand & the 19" rack or the stand & the booth is big enough for this to fit without being seen?

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2012, 10:13 AM
This has me intrigued. Where between the stand & the 19" rack or the stand & the booth is big enough for this to fit without being seen?

I'm not sure how big your rack is, but using an MC6000 I can fit the swivel arm on the side of the stand , swivel it round and tilt it up. OK, you may be able to see some of it, but not a lot.

Corabar Steve
24-09-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure how big your rack is, but using an MC6000 I can fit the swivel arm on the side of the stand , swivel it round and tilt it up. OK, you may be able to see some of it, but not a lot.
Can you take a pic next time you use that setup?

Bear in mind my set up is as pictured in post#19 in this thread http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?31714-Quite-chuffed I don't think it would work for me

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Can you take a pic next time you use that setup?

Bear in mind my set up is as pictured in post#19 in this thread http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?31714-Quite-chuffed I don't think it would work for me

I think you'd struggle to fit it on and in TBH. I have a lot less gear than you when using the Micromax.

Excalibur
27-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Here's a sneak preview of the kit in action. In this piccy, it's simply got some blackout cloth attached, but hopefully, I'll have a different covering soon. You can see about two inches of laptop over the top.

JAMdisco
27-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Here's a sneak preview of the kit in action. In this piccy, it's simply got some blackout cloth attached, but hopefully, I'll have a different covering soon. You can see about two inches of laptop over the top.

But where is Punch and Judy? :p :D