PDA

View Full Version : Wharfedale LX speakers are the business...

DJay
14-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Folks,

If anyone is looking for new speakers either as an upgrade or as new kit, the Wharfedale LX range are amazing.

Tested using:
Numark 200FX mixer
Behringer EP2500
Denon DND 6000 CD

I spent 3 months researching which speakers to buy as a starter package. I looked at the Peavey Pro, Wharfedale EVPX, Wharfedale LX and EV Force.

All the above speakers had clear tops. The LX were the clearest in terms of high top and precise bass. The EV were clear but also clearly lacking punch. The difference betwen these being that the LX was the highest in that articular rang of speakers.

When these speakers were paired with their respective subs, there was 1 clear winner without a doubt... The Wharfedale LX. 2200 Watts RMS (8800 watts peak!) for 2 tops and 2 subs. Razor sharp trebble, very clear mid and what bass.... Tight, rich bass. OK it's not a £600 Mackie, but the bass from the LX range for the price has amazed me.

These 4 speakers will easily please a crowd of hundreds.

Wharfedale LX15 tops - RRP £600
Wharfedale LX15B subs - (built in crosovers) RRP £600

All 4 speakers available for £849!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Jay

Danno13
15-10-2006, 02:56 AM
Glad that you're happy with your system. But can't honestly see how you rate them above the EV Force I's... they're simply in a whole different league! Heard both at the DJ show north and the EVs seriously rocked the place!