PDA

View Full Version : Super CD+G

Paul James Promotions
16-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Is anyone using the Super CD+G (or Neo CD+G) format yet? I am looking at a new karaoke solution, and 6000 tracks on 5 disks with no loss of quality from standard CD+G looks very interesting :D

BeerFunk
16-10-2006, 11:14 AM
And how does that work then? It would have to be in a compressed format, like MP3, but even at that compression you wouldn't get all that on 5 CDs!! :confused:

colinm345
16-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Is anyone using the Super CD+G (or Neo CD+G) format yet? I am looking at a new karaoke solution, and 6000 tracks on 5 disks with no loss of quality from standard CD+G looks very interesting :D

We have a CAVs Super CD+G Player and I can assure you there is no loss of sound quility:teeth:

colinm345
16-10-2006, 01:36 PM
We have a CAVs Super CD+G Player and I can assure you there is no loss of sound quility:teeth:

However the most a super cd+g will hold whether it be played on a Cavs or an Rsq Nero would be no more than 100 tracks per disc

However you can check this out with EM Karaoke http://www.emkaraoke.co.uk/newsite/index.html?target=front.html&lang=en-gb

apart from thier party super cd+g selection which will hold up to 1234 multiplexed tracks

Paul James Promotions
16-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Yes, i gave EM a call this morning, very helpful guy there :)

The Super CD+G disks they are selling feature 1,234 tracks per disk.

colinm345
16-10-2006, 01:41 PM
And how does that work then? It would have to be in a compressed format, like MP3, but even at that compression you wouldn't get all that on 5 CDs!! :confused:

Yes you would if you went 4 EM Karaokes Party Selection:teeth:

Have a disco
16-10-2006, 02:22 PM
believe there are other discs within this range that each hold a further 720 tunes and some that hold 420 check EMs site these discs aint cheap to say the least

colinm345
16-10-2006, 02:42 PM
believe there are other discs within this range that each hold a further 720 tunes and some that hold 420 check EMs site these discs aint cheap to say the least

Sorry dont quite understand that:)

colinm345
16-10-2006, 02:44 PM
AS mentioned before this is the most you will get,at present

Karaoke Party SCDG 1 1,234 Songs * £ 109.79ex £ 129.00 inc (Euro 191.85)

Superb Quality a staggering 1,234 Songs Multiplexed on one disc

soundscapes
17-10-2006, 08:25 PM
zoom karaoke have started doing neo discs

BeerFunk
17-10-2006, 09:37 PM
They must be in midi format, which is a loss of quality technically, but CD+G discs never made good listening!

Have a disco
17-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Do apologise the discs are SCDG discs with 1234 on and there are neo g ones as well which play them in various amounts on the same machine an RSQ player

EMKaraoke
18-10-2006, 09:57 AM
We've started the NEO+G & have launched the incredible Super CD+G revolution and have decided to join in on all the forums helping you with any questions that may need answering.

Yes, i gave EM a call this morning, very helpful guy there :)

The Super CD+G disks they are selling feature 1,234 tracks per disk.

Paul James Promotions
18-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Greetings :D

EMKaraoke
18-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Whats Neo All About Its simply a new compressed karaoke format which can be played on any RSQ NEO+G Player. Instead of 100's of discs all you need is a handful of NEO +G Discs, these files are NOT midi...

The New NEO+G is the revolutionary format of a karaoke disc. NEO+G has the same sound quality and the graphics as a CD+G, but you will have much more advanced functions to make you to enjoy singing. With An RSQ E500 & RSQ C320 Karaoke Machine all these features are available to you.

-NEO+G disc contains many more songs than regular CD+G
-The list of songs will be displayed on the TV screen
-Progressive Scan
-Search and reserve songs while playing
-Reserve up to 99 songs to sing
-Reserved song will be displayed on the screen
-Intro Silence Skip – con skip silent introduction part of the songs
-Rewind, Fast forward, Pause without breaking graphic
-A-B repeat function
-Access directly to the song you want to play

Hope this fills in most of the gaps.

EMKaraoke
18-10-2006, 10:27 AM
NEO+G disc purchased via EMKaraoke have a LIFETIME GUARENTEE!!!

Very handy in the trade. I being an employee of EMK have asked exactly what this guarentee entails... If the disc stops working, down to wear & tear, they will replace this item once it has been sent to them for inspection... I am informed that "If the item has been abused (taken to local building site & used as a trowel) and has gorges this would not be covered under the guarentee". So all in all its a genuine lifetime guarentee from every day KJ use.

This screams out to me as a must as we all know discs can get to that hop skip & jump satge within there lifetimes, and a disc such as these, with 100's to 1000's of songs they'll get there use.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2006, 11:21 AM
I just had a quick flick through the listings on some of these discs and I could be wrong, as it was only a quick look, but aren't there a hell of a lot of U.S. tracks on there? Also a lot I've never heard of too!

Have a disco
18-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Is the negative thing with karaoke its bigger there and japan so our music is never as big, also it takes longer for british tunes to be put onto discs like these which is a shame

PS mr EMKaraoke My RSQ keeps overheating after a few discs have been played and have now resorted to using and ALBA DVD75 Player from sainsburieswhich lasts all night. I bought it from EM anything I can do about this its now 2 years old but this has been like this since day one just thought it was being overused

EMKaraoke
18-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Yes, alot of the first releases of Super CDG & Neo+G Range were American imports, as these formats were a US inititive. The listings of the available discs now are a good balance, and not all that American.

Zoom have just released a new NEO+G "The Jukebox Collection" which includes 75 tracks (All 5 of the original Zoom Collection) for an approximate £35.95, we have just had stock of this item & wil be on the site for full listing viewing in a day or two.

Also Karaoke Klub are about to launch an awesome Neo+G 1'235 track package for around the £69.95 mark (Due in around the end of November 06)

There's plenty more Neo+G Gear about to hit the market. Watch this space.

EMKaraoke
18-10-2006, 12:51 PM
The technical department at EMK say "You need to ensure good air ventalation when placing a machine into a rack, as this can lead to overheating".

If you had told us this from day one we would have gladly swapped it out.

I am also assured that we have never had a RSQ machine returned due to overheating.

God bless the Alba DVD75..shame it doesnt play the Neo+G range.

colinm345
17-12-2006, 06:45 PM
They must be in midi format, which is a loss of quality technically, but CD+G discs never made good listening!

No Callam they are not in Midi format,they are in some form of compressed MP3 format , in fact they sound better than a CDG:)

funkymike
17-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I heard that (from EM) the graphics are not so clear on big screen.

EMKaraoke
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM

Good news all round.... Ebay's Neo+g Range is reduced in price now from around £129 to bargain £69.

BeerFunk
11-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Having (finally) researched exactly what Super CD+G's are made of, I can confirm that they do use MP3+G technology :)

So.... one DVD = approx 4304MB. Dividing 1234 tracks into this would give an approximate average filesize of 3.49MB for each song.

Now, I would imagine that at least 0.5MB would be required for the graphics file, so you are talking about an average of 3MB for audio data. This would suggest a bit rate of 128kbps, the bottom-line acceptable bit rate for MP3s.

However, as I mentioned before, CD+G has generally never been great quality anyway - so it should be acceptable for everyone :)

colinm345
15-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Having (finally) researched exactly what Super CD+G's are made of, I can confirm that they do use MP3+G technology :)

So.... one DVD = approx 4304MB. Dividing 1234 tracks into this would give an approximate average filesize of 3.49MB for each song.

Now, I would imagine that at least 0.5MB would be required for the graphics file, so you are talking about an average of 3MB for audio data. This would suggest a bit rate of 128kbps, the bottom-line acceptable bit rate for MP3s.

However, as I mentioned before, CD+G has generally never been great quality anyway - so it should be acceptable for everyone :)

The bitrate is more than that ,to investigate further have a look on the CAVS site
We have been doing karaoke for some 11 years now and have had no problems with CD+G not being great and we find its even better still with our NEO+G player from EM KARAOKE:)

BeerFunk
17-01-2007, 03:45 PM
The bitrate is more than that ,to investigate further have a look on the CAVS site
We have been doing karaoke for some 11 years now and have had no problems with CD+G not being great and we find its even better still with our NEO+G player from EM KARAOKE:)

I have looked on the CAVS site, and cannot find any technical details, even in the forums. The only info I did find has already been mentioned on this thread, and also SCD+G discs have significantly longer load times than a CD+G disc due to the large number of files contained on them.

If you say the bitrate is higher than what I calculated, could you explain, or link me to somewhere that does explain? As far as I'm concerned, the sums add up to give an average bitrate of 128kbps - mathematics and logic doesn't lie! ;)

colinm345
17-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok then try e-mailing CAVS here [email protected];

You will also find that Zoom Entertaiments who produce SOME of the Neo Discs are at 192 and there can be up to 1234 tracks on those

However cavs Super CD+G is not strictly a pure MP3 but a special COMPRESSED form of it as is the Neo:) :)

HightowerMusic
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I went to SCDG in 2003 when they came out. I have a cavs 202 and 203 players. I use Chartbuster SCDG discs 1-6. They all have 450 songs each on them. I also have a magic traks disc which has a little over 1200 songs. The quality is very good. A DVD disc can hold 4.7 gb of info and a dual layered DVD can hold almost 10 gb's. I get all my discs from Julias Karaoke Den on Ebay. She beats Cavs price by $60.00 a disc for brand new discs.
http://stores.ebay.com/Julias-Karaoke-Den_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
No I dont know her. I have bought several discs from her and I have always gotten the best prices and service. I am not sure if she ships to Europe but she is very friendly.