PDA

View Full Version : Buscard

Sapphire Disco
26-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm looking for a buscard ( I think that's what they're called ) that will take an SD card or two for one of my Dell laptops I'm finding it confusing can someone point me in the right direction?

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Can't you just use a USB card reader Paul?

Sapphire Disco
26-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Can't you just use a USB card reader Paul?

No I don't really want the bother of using an external hard drive or putting a bigger hard drive in I just thought a buscard with 2 SD slots would work nicely, fast no moving parts and it doesn't stick out to get caught on things.

I've had so many problems with laptops recently new hard drives that don't work, programs and controllers that are not compatible it's driving me nuts.

Do you know if traktor pro 2 is any good and will my DAC3 control it ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I think you're getting confused with something different Paul.

Explain again what you want to do?

If you want to add additional storage using SD cards, all you need is a card reader, not a hard drive or anything else.

I don't use Traktor, so can't comment.

Sapphire Disco
26-11-2012, 11:55 PM
I think you're getting confused with something different Paul.

Explain again what you want to do?

If you want to add additional storage using SD cards, all you need is a card reader, not a hard drive or anything else.

I don't use Traktor, so can't comment.

I want a buscard card reader.

I've down loaded Traktor now so I hope my DAC 3 + Gigi port works with it :luck:

deltic
27-11-2012, 05:44 AM
something like this perhaps.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/30-in-1-pcmcia-card-reader-97112

Sapphire Disco
27-11-2012, 10:22 AM
something like this perhaps.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/30-in-1-pcmcia-card-reader-97112

Yes I found that last night I think it will do the job as long as it will take a 64gig SD card and fit in my slot.

All I need to know now is will my DAC3 control Traktor Pro2 ?

deltic
27-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes I found that last night I think it will do the job as long as it will take a 64gig SD card and fit in my slot.

All I need to know now is will my DAC3 control Traktor Pro2 ?

no reason why the DAC3 shouldn't talk to pc/mac the only problem will be finding a midi/map file for the controller in traktor, or you could probably map the buttons yourself.