PDA

View Full Version : Reminder DSO switch over

TONYTIGER
28-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Just a reminder that the DSO Digital switch over is fast approaching and comes into effect on 1st January 2013 so just check it wont effect your Radio microphone or IEM in ear monitoring any questions just ask.

www.tonyjamesdisco.co.uk

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I forgot it was so soon! Nice one Tony.

http://www.shuredistribution.co.uk/dms/shure/support_downloads/frequencies/pdf_guides/frequency-guide_sml/frequency-guide_sml.pdf

Very good guide with lots of decent information.

Corabar Entertainment
28-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Minor problem is that I can't recall what model we've got, so not sure if it will work / be legal or not!

:lol:

Must get my finger out and do a bit of checking!!!

Jem
28-11-2012, 10:39 AM
I forgot it was so soon! Nice one Tony.

http://www.shuredistribution.co.uk/dms/shure/support_downloads/frequencies/pdf_guides/frequency-guide_sml/frequency-guide_sml.pdf

Very good guide with lots of decent information.

That's a great, easy to understand reference, thanks for posting it :).

Regards

Jem

TONYTIGER
28-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Just a thought it will also apply to users of DMX wireless.

hammy
28-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the link Darren, I dont understand it at all, I have a Shure PG58 will I need to do anything, Hope not it cost me £200.

TONYTIGER
28-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the link Darren, I dont understand it at all, I have a Shure PG58 will I need to do anything, Hope not it cost me £200.

Hi it really does not matter what make it is you just need to check the frequency your model uses then check Darren's link

Vectis
28-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Minor problem is that I can't recall what model we've got, so not sure if it will work / be legal or not!

:lol:

Must get my finger out and do a bit of checking!!!

Oh yuss ... wouldn't want to be doing 6 illegal things, now, would we? :sofa:

Corabar Entertainment
28-11-2012, 02:32 PM
PMSL! :Laugh:

welby
28-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Had me worried for a moment there!

Rushed off to check the frequencies of mine:

Kam KWM1940 UHF Wireless Dual Microphone

863-865mhz = Licence free spectrum available now and not affected by DSO.

Note only 2MHz slice of channel 70 is available.

So legal! :beer1:

Glenski
28-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Hmmm

Mine falls into the Channel 38 [606-618MHz] it's a Shure Performance Gear Wireless Combo PG288/PG58 [PG-K6E]

Do i need a license for this ???

I've also got a JTS US-902D operating in Freq. Range: 863-865MHz ... will these be affected ??

Thanks

TONYTIGER
28-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Hmmm

Mine falls into the Channel 38 [606-618MHz] it's a Shure Performance Gear Wireless Combo PG288/PG58 [PG-K6E]

Do i need a license for this ???

I've also got a JTS US-902D operating in Freq. Range: 863-865MHz ... will these be affected ??

Thanks

Hear we go i sort of knew there would be loads of questions.After the DSO the 800Mhz band will no longer be available after the 1st Jan channel 70 remains untouched
863-865 Mhz which is free so if your system falls in this range you are OK SIMPLES :) as you can see there is very little range so this will limit the number of systems you can use,but most users on the forum should be fine.Also channel 38 606-614 Mhz is the official replacement for channel 69 854-862 Mhz this will be the only licensed shared channel for wireless microphone & IEM users.

Glenski
29-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Hear we go i sort of knew there would be loads of questions.After the DSO the 800Mhz band will no longer be available after the 1st Jan channel 70 remains untouched
863-865 Mhz which is free so if your system falls in this range you are OK SIMPLES :) as you can see there is very little range so this will limit the number of systems you can use,but most users on the forum should be fine.Also channel 38 606-614 Mhz is the official replacement for channel 69 854-862 Mhz this will be the only licensed shared channel for wireless microphone & IEM users.

Well it seems that i do need a license for my Shure system :( ... however when i bought the system back in June i was specific that it was license free and ready for the digital switch over ...
I have since been in contact with said retailer and they are more than happy to exchange/swap my Shure system over to the Channel 70 [License free] system :) ... so i will be paying them a visit on Monday to do this :)

TONYTIGER
29-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Well it seems that i do need a license for my Shure system :( ... however when i bought the system back in June i was specific that it was license free and ready for the digital switch over ...
I have since been in contact with said retailer and they are more than happy to exchange/swap my Shure system over to the Channel 70 [License free] system :) ... so i will be paying them a visit on Monday to do this :)

Well done good result,i would put my hat on it that flea bay will be stuffed with loads of radio mics that are obsolete this is why this forum is so informative and is a godsend for this industry.

www.tonyjamesdisco.co.uk

Glenski
29-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Well done good result,i would put my hat on it that flea bay will be stuffed with loads of radio mics that are obsolete this is why this forum is so informative and is a godsend for this industry.

www.tonyjamesdisco.co.uk

Indeed so :) .... also, it's not that my system is obsolete - you just need a £75 plus a year license to run/use it !! okay for some, but i asked for a license free one, so i was miss-sold and they are fixing it :)