PDA

View Full Version : graphics problem

Daryll
16-12-2012, 01:23 AM
hi all.
For karaoke I use a Toshiba L10 300 , 2 gig ram , 40gb HD ,celeron 1.6ghz chip , good enough for what I need it to do.
Usual set is , the above laptop with a separate 19" monitor for the lyrics, using the built in graphics drivers ( intel) and use the extended desktop function , so the lyric window can be dragged from the laptop to the extension monitor , so far so good.
a few weeks ago I noticed the extension monitor was showing blue and green hues , but very little in the way of red , I put it down to the monitor being old , so I brought a new one , same thing again, but the colors on the laptop are fine , only on the monitor , any ideas on this , the monitor looks ok with other laptops.

Cheers
Daryll

Jiggles
16-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Check to see the cable is ok as that can cause issues like this.

DJ Jules
16-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Check to see the cable is ok as that can cause issues like this.

That was going to be my first suggestion. Also watch out for the graphics cable running alongside any other cabling or electrical devices which could generate a lot of electromagnetic radiation (mains cables, radio mic's, etc). How long is the cable you use to feed the monitor for Karaoke? Are you using any kind of extension cable?

Otherwise it might mean that the integrated graphics in your laptop are failing (and yes this can happen without affecting the internal monitor as the two displays are driven through different circuitry in the laptop).

Julian

Glenski
16-12-2012, 04:20 PM
hi all.
For karaoke I use a Toshiba L10 300 , 2 gig ram , 40gb HD ,celeron 1.6ghz chip , good enough for what I need it to do.
Usual set is , the above laptop with a separate 19" monitor for the lyrics, using the built in graphics drivers ( intel) and use the extended desktop function , so the lyric window can be dragged from the laptop to the extension monitor , so far so good.
a few weeks ago I noticed the extension monitor was showing blue and green hues , but very little in the way of red , I put it down to the monitor being old , so I brought a new one , same thing again, but the colors on the laptop are fine , only on the monitor , any ideas on this , the monitor looks ok with other laptops.

Cheers
Daryll

Check your signal path ... leads and make sure there is no other interference from other sources - may also be worth while checking for new Intel graphics drivers ?

Daryll
19-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all your help.
Problem solved , by the old process of elimination , it was the VGA lead , so off to purchase a decent 3m lead.

Cheers

Daryll