PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet Mini Kinta

Woodyo
11-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Anyone know if these are available yet in the uk?

Excalibur
12-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Anyone know if these are available yet in the uk?

Apparently Google does. First result. (http://www.udmdj.co.uk/chauvet-mini-kinta-led-disco-light)

second result. (http://www.fabtronic.co.uk/shop/product.php?pid=879&sid=12&subid=18)

Assuming of course that the blasted things actually are in stock, rather than simply being advertised.

DazzyD
12-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Apparently Google does. First result. (http://www.udmdj.co.uk/chauvet-mini-kinta-led-disco-light)

second result. (http://www.fabtronic.co.uk/shop/product.php?pid=879&sid=12&subid=18)

Assuming of course that the blasted things actually are in stock, rather than simply being advertised.

First link is "pre-order" only. Second link allows me to get as far as entering payment details (I didn't want to go any further as I don't actually want to buy it at this point - was just researching the OP question of is it available in the UK yet).

The fact that other UK Chauvet suppliers aren't advertising it yet would lead me to assume that, perhaps, it hasn't been released her just yet.

Creature
12-01-2013, 11:16 AM
was just researching the OP question of is it available in the UK yet).

so why not pick up the phone and give them a ring ?

Excalibur
12-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Well done Dazzy, for more in-depth research than I had done, and very well done to Creature for a suggestion beautiful in its simplicity. Well done lads.

As as an aside, having watched the video, I wonder if under DMX control, it could be used to mimic the effect of these accursed mirror balls, using the white leds only? Food for thought.

DazzyD
12-01-2013, 01:59 PM
so why not pick up the phone and give them a ring ?

Because a phone call costs money whereas the web is free once I've paid my monthly fee! Also, I didn't want to buy it and was only trying to answer woodyo's question.

Besides I was still in bed!

funkymook
12-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I wonder if under DMX control, it could be used to mimic the effect of these accursed mirror balls, using the white leds only?.

No!

:D

Excalibur
12-01-2013, 02:29 PM
No!

:D

Phone a friend? :p I'm in a local Golf Club tonight, and guess what is the only lighting effect installed there, up in the rafters. Yup. And the blighters insist on using it all night, every night. :( :(

Ryu
22-02-2013, 07:36 PM
As part of my toy buying frenzy....cough ahem I mean 'Business Investment' I took delivery of one of these tonight and, in the living room demo of it, I was blown away. Having recently taken on a Martin EFX500 the coverage and brightness was comparable (with the Kinta being the less capable of the two admittedly).

As a new centrepiece light I'm really happy with it, as I've run a little Greenwich Instruments demo with it alongside 2 heads and 2 led pars, and it gives me a really flexible show.

And yes Peter, I did manage a nice slow white only swirl. Really looking forward to trying it in a real life situ tomorrow night.

Picked up a Gobo Zoom 2.0 aswell to start offering personalised Gobos too, and equally pleased with that.

Two thumbs up Chauvet

HeartandSoul
25-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Yep, got one last week, the Gear 4 DJs guys have them. I like it. Great value, powerful little light.

Retrodisco
26-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Great light, SWlighting have them too.

HeartandSoul
06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
.........it just stopped working.....back for repairs....hope it's not a reliability issue as these are effective little units...

ian8limelight
29-05-2013, 09:30 PM
.........it just stopped working.....back for repairs....hope it's not a reliability issue as these are effective little units...

What was the end result of the 'malfunction' please?

mattydj50
30-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Had two delivered yesterday. Look good on trial at home. Will be a couple of weeks before I can get to use them in the big room though. Small room only for the next 3 weeks.

HeartandSoul
05-06-2013, 07:46 AM
End result of malfunction - took it to the gear for DJ guys, they just swapped it out out. New one has been working like a dream. Great value. Also great service from the guys in Brighton

JSideFx
22-07-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm considering a pair of these to replace my tired Chauvet vue 2's, Can anyone tell me what the spread is like? the fact it's called mini is putting me off.
A friend has a pair of Prosound double layer LED from maplin and the spread from them are great but if I went for them our set up's would look near enough identical.
They will be along side 3 Kam mighty lasers, A Lanta sapphire laser and a pair of Kam colour bank's

Ryu
22-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm considering a pair of these to replace my tired Chauvet vue 2's, Can anyone tell me what the spread is like? the fact it's called mini is putting me off.
A friend has a pair of Prosound double layer LED from maplin and the spread from them are great but if I went for them our set up's would look near enough identical.
They will be along side 3 Kam mighty lasers, A Lanta sapphire laser and a pair of Kam colour bank's

Wall to wall spread, 180degrees. My main show for weddings is 2 of these, either side of a gobo projector flanked by two pars. simples.

mattydj50
23-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Spread is huge! I have two that I use for the "big room" as we call it and one would probably have done. One only needed for the smaller "small room".