PDA

View Full Version : Mail for Mac help

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-01-2013, 05:31 PM
One of many questions I will be asking no doubt...

When I copy and paste a pre-written Word template into Mail, the justification is all over the place. Lists are not level and are spaced all wrong and generally things are all over the place. Also, it appears to put in double spacing when I don't want it and I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

Help!

LeapCreative
28-01-2013, 06:11 PM
It's because mail for mac doesn't really handle Rich text very well. The best option would be to paste without formatting, but not sure if that would solve the problem.

Outlook for Mac is considerably better at handling these types of email - thats why we switched.

Jiggles
28-01-2013, 06:22 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9329352&postcount=9

May be of help?

ianforest
30-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Outlook for Mac should be your friend Darren.

I use an app called Textexpander which allows me to make templates of commonly typed text and then paste them in an email/document/website whenever I wish.

For example, typing @booth in a mail window would expand into my sales patter for the photobooth, or @floor1616 would expand into a paragraph of text together with a price list for the different types of 16ft x 16ft floors we do.

I have loads of others such as @add which expands into my home address or @bank which expands into my bank details.

You could use it for your premade venue-specific email quotes for example. It's a great timesaver.

LeapCreative
30-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I use an app called Textexpander which allows me to make templates of commonly typed text and then paste them in an email/document/website whenever I wish.

Not entirely sure how I've never heard of this, but thanks for the headsup!

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Outlook for Mac should be your friend Darren.

For example, typing @booth in a mail window would expand into my sales patter for the photobooth, or @floor1616 would expand into a paragraph of text together with a price list for the different types of 16ft x 16ft floors we do.

I have loads of others such as @add which expands into my home address or @bank which expands into my bank details.

You could use it for your premade venue-specific email quotes for example. It's a great timesaver.

That sounds great! I'll try it out.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Oooh £25 for an app?????

ianforest
01-02-2013, 10:09 AM
It's a very good app :)

Who said all apps have to be £1.99?