PDA

View Full Version : Gemeni cd200 decks

spin mobile disco
23-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Looking at buying a set of Gemeni cd200's as a backup deck to my main numark cdn-88's. I was a bit torn between the cd200 or a set of numark cdn22's. The price is pretty much the same but the Gemeni has anti skip which I think is worth its weight in gold. Does anyone have anythoughts on this or do yuo have Gemeni's and what do you think of them.
Thanks for any help.

spin mobile disco
23-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Anyone got any comments?
advice?
feeling lonely here lol

soundlad
23-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I have had the gemini cdx 602 and the cd deck has gone on that. Thats why i have bought your kam cd players. The bloke at my local dj store said that the chips on the cdplayers are really unreliable and you can't solder a new one because they are so small. Thats what he seemed to say. I would go for the numark cdn22. It's just a backup anyway so you won't be using it alot you hope! :teeth:

spin mobile disco
23-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah i hope. lol .
i like the numark but it doesnt come with anti shock. which im a bit worried about.

musicbox
23-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I've got the Gemini great to work with but it has not got anti shock.
proved that lol.

But I like the features and lay out of it.

But if the Newmark has anti shock then thats the one to get.

I was surprised that got rid of the Cam then?

spin mobile disco
23-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah the Kam controls were to different to my Cdn -88's so i thought i would try a different type. Acording to the gemeni site the cd200 has 40sec ram anti shock the cdn 22 has no antishock. My cdn88's have 40sec and its has been so handy in the past. (once had a table calapse on my during a gig and the cd didnt even skip fell 3 -4 foot onto floor)