PDA

View Full Version : Another DMX question

Excalibur
23-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I have a DMX light (running sound to light / non DMX) which appears to go to sleep after so long. It has been back for repair, and was told only fault was switch settings. Could it be overheating, as I think vents would stand a little cleaning! Also if it is switch settings, would running it from a DMX controller bypass this problem. Any suggestions for a low cost simple controller? I quite like the idea of being able to choose certain parts of the display above others. Thanks in advance.

super-hero
24-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Why not clean the vents and see.

Paul James Promotions
24-10-2006, 11:18 PM
I have a DMX light (running sound to light / non DMX) which appears to go to sleep after so long. It has been back for repair, and was told only fault was switch settings. Could it be overheating, as I think vents would stand a little cleaning! Also if it is switch settings, would running it from a DMX controller bypass this problem. Any suggestions for a low cost simple controller? I quite like the idea of being able to choose certain parts of the display above others. Thanks in advance.

Yep, give the vents a clean. Incorrect switch settings would not cause the unit to shut off after a period of time.