PDA

View Full Version : Laptop froze/Locked up

JSideFx
23-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi, On saturday night I was doing a 40th and everything was going well it was early on then all of a sudden my laptop and vdj7 locked up! the music had stopped and nothing was working on laptop, no keys or mouse, so I quickly plugged my phone in and started a 80's mix. Nobody bothered luckily so after I restarted the laptop I started again then bang about 40 min later it done the same thing again!! This time a girl noticed and came up and asked for the previous song back on but seamed genuinely concerned when I explained lol. After that restart it worked perfect all night but I was on edge all night and wondered whether to set up other laptop but didnt need too. Ive ran the laptop a few hours solid this week and its never missed a beat!

My laptop is a 6 month old samsung a8 quad core with 6 gig of ram. windows 7, vdj 7.3. Hercules RMX

Cheers

super-hero
23-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Did you get a screen come up that said something like " a fatal error has occured".

I had some problems with my Hercules many years ago, and it was caused by static. I had to turn it off, and unplug the jack leads from the back to discharge it.

Have a look on the virtual dj forum as it may be a known bug that you are experiencing.

JSideFx
24-04-2013, 02:10 PM
No there was no warning the whole laptop just froze twice on the same night within an hour then has been fine ever since!. I've not looked on the vdj site but I will now, cheers

bmdj
26-04-2013, 06:19 PM
yes the hercules was prone to locking up the pc from static or noise on the mains. I was at a pub where a fluorecent tube with a dodgy starter caused it to lock up everytime they went in the cellar! Also had my smoke machine cause the same thing. I tried a filtered 4 gang for the mains but lost faith in it and got a VMS 4.1.