PDA

View Full Version : Mixtrak pro 2

Premierpartiesuk
06-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Just wondering if there was any mapping options available yet to allow me to use mixtrak pro 2 with virtual dj or trakter dj.

Im getting on great with serato intro but would rather use something else if possible.

Thanks in advance
Neil

SC Events
06-05-2013, 11:56 PM
I believe it's just plug and play with Virtual DJ, just like the original MixTrack Pro is/was.

If you want to re-map any of the functions, you can do so within Virtual DJ.

Premierpartiesuk
07-05-2013, 12:26 AM
I did try that but nothing worked.
Is there any settings i need to change in virtualdj or in the mixtrak pro 2

SC Events
07-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Are you not getting any audio out of it?

If so, plug in the MixTrack, start Virtual DJ, then in settings change the sound Output to 'Headphones' and change the Soundcard to 'Numark'

Premierpartiesuk
07-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Thanks
Will try that later.
Once set on the correct setting i guess it will allow you to use the mixtrak buttons etc as when plugged i cant use any of the functions to the mixtrak.

I will try the settings you suggest tho.

Thanks

DJ Jules
07-05-2013, 08:36 AM
The Pro II looks like a completely different animal to the Mixtrack Pro and also looks like it's heavily customised to fit with Serato. Or to put this another way - where did the rest of the buttons go??!! :D

If it's going to work with Virtual DJ, I'd expect you to need to get to the very latest version for it to be supported natively - if they have added support. You might find you have to install ASIO4All to get sound working for now, and manually create the MIDI map for now.

Once again, the VirtualDJ forums are probably going to be your best source for a MIDI map and advice on compatibility and how to get it working?

Edit: There's a link to the VirtualDJ MIDI mapper (http://www.numark.com/images/product_downloads/Mixtrak_Pro_II_VirtualDJ_Pro_Mapping.zip) on the Mixtrack Pro II product page (http://www.numark.com/images/product_downloads/Mixtrak_Pro_II_VirtualDJ_Pro_Mapping.zip). But just to point out - until native support for the controller is added to Virtual DJ there will be some things which don't work (like lights behind the buttons, etc).

Julian

Premierpartiesuk
07-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all your help.
Ive now upgraded and all what i need to work at the moment but cant seem to get the mic to work.

Any ideas

Thanks

DJ Jules
08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks for all your help.
Ive now upgraded and all what i need to work at the moment but cant seem to get the mic to work.

Any ideas

Thanks

You haven't got the Outputs 1 and 2 mixed up have you? The Mic input is a pre-amp and hardware based mixer which feeds straight into the master output so in theory if it's not working it's either going to be your Mic, the cable you're using or the Mixtrack pro itself.

Julian