PDA

View Full Version : Denon MC6000 - Sticky Button!!

ian8limelight
10-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi,

Just in case anyone else may have experienced the following and/or may be able to offer me some advice:-

The right-hand Play/Pause has been sticking recently and causes the track to start and immediately stop. Give it another try and sometimes it's OK and sometimes I have to depress a third or even fourth time.

Any ideas please :) ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Hi,

Just in case anyone else may have experienced the following and/or may be able to offer me some advice:-

The right-hand Play/Pause has been sticking recently and causes the track to start and immediately stop. Give it another try and sometimes it's OK and sometimes I have to depress a third or even fourth time.

I can't help, but I have the same problem, but it comes and goes. Very annoying.

There is a workaround, which is to use the cue buttons instead.

DeckstarDeluxe
10-06-2013, 11:34 PM
How long have you had yours? I've had mine coming up two years and not encountered this but would be good to know a work around if it did happen...

katman
11-06-2013, 12:07 AM
The right-hand Play/Pause has been sticking recently and causes the track to start and immediately stop.

I hate Play/Pause buttons with a passion. All switches eventually start to bounce either through contact wear or broken solder joints and a play/pause suffers the exact problem you describe.

On my Hercules controller I remapped the Play/Pause to be play only and the Cue button to be Pause or if held down, Cue simply so that if the play button does bounce when hit it, the music will still play. Used to suffer the same problem on some LAD turntables back in the early 90s when the Start/Stop buttons bounced.

Crown Jules
11-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi,

Yes I have also had an intermittent problem with the same issue on the left hand deck of my MC6000, and my unit is not even 12 months old! Time to get it sorted!

tc1ooo
11-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I've got the same problem as well & have been using the 4 cue buttons instead as they are more reliable.

I presume it will have to be sent back to Denon. Has anyone had experience of this & know how long it takes?

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-06-2013, 11:45 AM
would be good to know a work around if it did happen...

There is a workaround, which is to use the cue buttons instead.

Hello? :muppet:;)

ian8limelight
11-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Spoke to my dealer this afternoon. They have bench tested it and it is still happening on/off :( . Will need to go back to Denon to be fixed but am awaiting to see if it is still under the 2 year warranty.

Thanks for the workaround Darren, will try it this weekend.